Welcome, Guest
Discussions about Manga Comics

TOPIC: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 6 years 2 weeks ago #29599

Would it be possible to configure MangaRack down the road? I don't want the volume numbers - makes a mess in ComicRack for Android and confuses the missing issue extension. Right now I just make everything V0.

Can I download a manga using MangaRack from a second site to fill in the "holes" the first site has?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 6 years 2 weeks ago #29600

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I don't want the volume numbers - makes a mess in ComicRack for Android
cYo is aware of the issues for eastern-style comics and will introduce a setting in 1.69 allowing you to stack based on the series name again, as was the case in 1.67 and previous. Once this setting goes in, you'll love the volume notation for series that number per volume; I'm sure of that, so this behaviour is not to be changed. With some patience CRA will work beautifully again.
confuses the missing issue extension
Sorry, I didn't get that. Please elaborate.
Can I download a manga using MangaRack from a second site to fill in the "holes" the first site has?
Not right now. I will think of a way to allow this situation. Do you have a good example I can test with?
Last Edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Deathspike.

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 6 years 2 weeks ago #29601

Deathspike wrote:
confuses the missing issue extension
Sorry, I didn't get that. Please elaborate.

I use this script: comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/13-scripts/4890-find-gaps-in-series
With the volume numbers included, it creates lots of false positives.
Not right now. I will think of a way to allow this situation. Do you have a good example I can test with?

www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/ao-no-exorcist-r283
mangafox.me/manga/ao_no_exorcist/

Batoto is missing chapters 32, 33. In addition, MangaRack missed chapter 36 totally. It's a v2.

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 6 years 1 week ago #29686

• Mike43110
  • Senior Boarder

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 6 years 1 week ago #29706

• Mike43110
  • Senior Boarder
Another bug:

When mangarack fetches multiple items if the connection times out or any error is brought up it stops all of them and saves the current items even if the are incomplete.

Another bug:
It still doesn't handle subchapters well.
www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/galactic-romance-r4715
It called chapter 1.5 3.5 somehow.

Another bug:
It doesn't close all the process when pressing the close button.

Another bug:
It doesn't scan for what is already there in your database. So if you delete an item because of an accident and try to reset the library by deleting the json file it starts from the 1st one even if it already exists.

A solution to the library problem could be adding an item to scan the library beforehand and generate the json file for mangarack.
I get regularly timeout or connection lost so I noticed the 3 or 5 page chapters quite easily :D

Not sure

Testing goes quite well when you are downloading multiple items at the same time on different protocols.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Mike43110.

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 6 years 1 week ago #29720

• Mike43110
  • Senior Boarder
Question: what language is mangarack built in?

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 6 years 1 week ago #29728

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for the feedback! If you still desire to disable writing of volumes, you can now disable this by opening the MangaRack.json file and adding "MangaRack": ["DisableWritingOfVolume"], after the opening braces.
2013, 10th of February
- Corrected issue causing existing archives to be overwritten (B6).
- Corrected issue allowing a connection time-out to bypass archive clean-up (B6).
- Corrected Batoto synchronizer to allow chapter entries with version numbering (B6).
- Corrected Batoto synchronizer to allow chapter ranges (i.e. 100-200) (B6).
- Implemented setting to disable volume numbering ("MangaRack": ["DisableWritingOfVolume"]) (B6).
Mike43110 wrote:
It doesn't close all the process when pressing the close button.
This is a feature. When the master process dies, which is the window you are closing, it will not take the child processes with it. This is because a child process might be in the middle of writing an archive and killing that process would leave the uncompleted archive on your hard disk. Instead, each child process is aware when the master process dies and will terminate themselves after finishing writing their current chapter.
Mike43110 wrote:
Question: what language is mangarack built in?
MangaRack is written for the 3.5 .NET framework with the C# programming language. It relies on ICSharpCode.SharpZibLib for archiving, Newtonsoft.JSON for persistent storage, AForge.NET for image manipulation and HtmlAgilityPack for HTML scraping.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Deathspike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike43110

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 6 years 1 week ago #29729

• Mike43110
  • Senior Boarder
Is there anything that can be done about scanning for already existing archives?

I say this as I had to delete the incomplete archives and as a result couldn't re-download them, as a result the library file was removed to see if it would allow for me to download them and it started at v1 c1 again.

If I had to give a series to a person who also uses mangarack and that person wants to continue from where that person has up to, there is no way to check what already exists in the library.

Adding a second utility to modify the library file with different commands such as -createnew, -re-add deleted items witht he default just adding extra items to file.

EDIT: I hadn't actually opened the json file until now, I had assumed that it was a database of every chapter that was in the library vs just the latest version.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Mike43110.

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 6 years 1 week ago #29730

• Mike43110
  • Senior Boarder
Range Bug:

www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/minami-ke-r868

1st volume is called v1 c2 when it is v1 ch 0-1

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 6 years 1 week ago #29731

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
2013, 10th of February
- Corrected issue causing first chapter #0 entries to be skipped (B7).
- Corrected visual-feedback of re-adding archives into tracking (B7).
Mike43110 wrote:
Is there anything that can be done about scanning for already existing archives?
With B6+ (The ones just released, get them), MangaRack will first check if the archive it intends to download already exists. If so, it will track the completion of the archive but will not re-download the archive at all. You can delete the MangaRack.json file completely and run MangaRack and everything will be re-added to the tracking mechanism.
Mike43110 wrote:
1st volume is called v1 c2 when it is v1 ch 0-1
Great catch! I just ran the fix on my collection and it found 14 chapters that I missed.. :)
Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Deathspike.
Time to create page: 0.612 seconds

Who's Online

We have 301 guests and 5 members online