Welcome, Guest
Discussions about Manga Comics

TOPIC: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 4 years 8 months ago #30408

• Kins3
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Observations (not necessarily bugs):

When downloading a multi-volume series, the files are named sequentially per volume, rather than in the overall order. EG:

File name: Tonari no Seki-kun V02 #001.cbz
Name shown in CR: Tonari no Seki-kun - 16th Period V2 #16

So it shows up fine in CR. However I'm concerned about the the actual file names used. For example, for this particular case, Batoto has up to volume 2, chapter 21, followed by volume 3, chapter 29. However the file name for that last one is V03 #001. It -might- be the first chapter of volume 3, but I don't know, and I don't know what MangaRack is going to do when the chapters catch up to that point.

Each downloaded chapter takes the image from the main series page as the initial image. It's inserted in and marked as page type 'Preview'. As far as I know, though, almost all of them try to use cover images. Would it be better to mark those as 'Cover'?

Aside: while they are cover images, they're obviously static, usually the latest cover (eg: volume 3 for Tonari no Seki-kun). Obviously not as useful, but not much you can do about that. However I myself can find appropriate cover images for each of them, however I can't seem to find a way to simply replace the existing image with the new one (or insert/delete images from the archive).

This is obviously a limitation in CR itself. Are there any extensions that can easily work around it in CR? I've been using 7-zip to adjust each archive.

Although, going through and doing this, I noticed that it seemed to have missed chapter 5. It's not listed in the JSON either (downloaded 3 series to test it out). No idea why.

You apparently convert the .png files from the website into .jpgs. Loses a bit of quality, but saves a lot on file size. However I wonder what parameters you're using for the jpg re-compression? I'm noticing some color tint shifts.

Edit: color shifts that I don't get if I save the original PNG as a JPG using Irfanview.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Kins3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 4 years 7 months ago #31076

I'm using the latest version, and the Batoto code needs to be checked, since MR names the file
Manga Title - Scanlations - Comic - Comic Directory - Batoto - Batoto Home
instead of simply
Manga Title

This started happening recently.

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 4 years 7 months ago #31078

• Mike43110
  • Senior Boarder
Batoto's new layout...

Check the git page, it was already fixed.

Just download the zip inside /bin

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 4 years 7 months ago #31079

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
General Information:
MangaRack is still quite active, but has not been active in this forum. I will be removing the binaries from this forum and will be forwarding everyone to get binaries from the Github repository. If you want e-mail notifications about implemented changes, create an account on Github and add the MangaRack repository to your watch list (Star it!). While I keep updating the current MangaRack, I am working hard on a new '2.0' core which opens up interesting possibilities that I will be disclosing in the near future.

Regarding Kins3s Observations:
The following changes will be implemented in the '2.0' core:
1. File naming scheme will revert to match sources, rather than renaming for CR.
2. ComicInfo will be written with 'Cover' information, rather than 'Preview'.

The following features have been planned for the management application:
1. Cover images can be replaced in batch-replace and single-replace.

Images are compressed using default facilities. Color does not seem to be affected here.

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 4 years 6 months ago #32585

• drproton
  • Fresh Boarder
I had a bit of trouble running the binary in mono, but all it took was changing the target framework in monodevelop to ".NET 4.0" rather than ".NETFramework 4.0 Client Profile" as seen here: stackoverflow.com/questions/8181081/erro...talled-for-monodevel

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else has any difficulty.

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 4 years 6 months ago #32615

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks. I changed the binaries on Git to target full 4.0 as well. :-)

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 4 years 6 months ago #32625

• danthom1704
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Can I run this as a scheduled task and have it run in the background?

Is mangatraders part of the list of valid sites.

Thanks
Dan

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 4 years 6 months ago #32627

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Dan,

Every process can be scheduled, and MangaRack is not an exception. If you are on a Windows machine, the people at Microsoft have posted a detailed guide at windows.microsoft.com/en-sg/windows7/schedule-a-task. Regarding MangaTraders, I believe it has no value to be added, as Batoto, KissManga and MangaFox are sufficient to have series be tracked and entirely up to date.

Regards,

Deathspike

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 4 years 1 month ago #36865

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
Heyya'll, been a while since I was here. I am proud to say I just released 2.0 of MangaRack.

Details at github.com/Deathspike/mangarack

Questions/comments? Please, ask, I'll do my best to help you out again :)
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Deathspike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: danthom1704, fieldhouse

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 4 years 1 month ago #36880

• danthom1704
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, First your link as a period at the end so it doesn't go to the correct page.
When I run mangarack now it is ignoring the json file and reading from the directory to see if file is there. I think that's what's happening. If this is the case, this doesn't work for me since I remove them once I read them.
Also it seems to be locked up because it's just siting on some downloads. Like Say I love you from mangakiss #37

Thanks
Dan
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Who's Online

We have 226 guests and 5 members online