Welcome, Guest
Discussions about Manga Comics

TOPIC: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 4 years 1 month ago #36881

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi.

It is correct that version 2.0 does not look at tracking file of previous versions. Instead, a chapter and volume filter has been made available, which does allow similar ignoring behavior. Tracking was deprecated in favor of these new filtering mechanisms, however I now see that tracking behavior was exceptionally useful in this scenario, so I will look into adding the option again (github.com/Deathspike/mangarack/issues/5)

I will also look into stalling issues on that chapter (github.com/Deathspike/mangarack/issues/6)

Thanks for the feedback! Please watch the issues on Git for resolving status.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 3 years 7 months ago #38580

• Helpomatic
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Deathspike,
First off, I'm lovin' the program, have been using it for about a year now.
However, in the last few days the program is only downloading the cover page for all my manga (through mangafox). It shows no completed downloads with the information for how long it took to download each page for the completed document.
I have no idea when the last time it was I updated this program (as it has been running flawlessly for me) for quite a long time.

Cheers,
Matt.

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 3 years 7 months ago #38585

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Matt,

Please refer to github.com/Deathspike/mangarack.

I recommend that you check the MangaRack version that you are using. Run the application from command line and write "mangarack --help". If this command does not show you the options, you are still using a 1.x version of the application. Since the 24th of September, 2013, the 2.x version has become the stable and supported version. In this case, you need to do a full migration to change between 1.x and the 2.x version. Please read the "History/Upgrading" section for the reason behind this requirement.

If you do have a 2.x version and still have this particular problem, please open an issue at github.com/Deathspike/mangarack/issues?state=open. Click on the "New Issue" button and provide specific details regarding the problem, including web addresses and chapter numbers that exhibit the issue. This will allow me to reproduce the issue, and fix it.

Issues that you open will automatically inform you of changes by e-mail. If you wish to see other activities, including issues and new version releases, you can "Watch" and "Star" the MangaRack repository. That will enable notification by e-mail of all activities of mangarack.

Hope this helps~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helpomatic

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 3 years 7 months ago #38586

• Helpomatic
  • Fresh Boarder
I do believe it was a very old version.
Mangarack is now shredding and fetching my whole library! Hopefully there will be no more problems! :D

Cheers for the wonderful, handy piece of software, Deathspike!

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 3 years 7 months ago #38587

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
I sincerely recommend doing this in a different directory.

You do not want to mix 1.x and 2.x libraries as that can mean trouble (renaming legacies from 1.x)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helpomatic

Re: MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 3 years 7 months ago #38588

• Helpomatic
  • Fresh Boarder
Still shredding for some reason (I have no idea what that means) I guess I'll just let it do it's thang! :D
Not like it's a 85GB library.... :P

MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 3 years 7 months ago #38589

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
Fetching: Begin a chapter download.
Finished: Finish a chapter download.
Shredded: A page was served with an invalid image and was trashed.
Squashed: A chapter in broken state was deleted, instead of repaired.

The error-tracking system in 2.x tracks broken pages and places the information in a text file with the same name as the chapter. The next time you run MangaRack, it will detect and inspect the error state and attempt to get the broken pages again. If the page identifiers changed, the chapter is considered completely broken and is re-attempted. This error tracking mechanism is really powerful.

Since you get Shredded messages, *all* those pages are invalid. That is consistent because MangaFox image servers are currently offline, and therefore every page you try to synchronize will go wrong... try again once the site starts working and displaying images again. :)

MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 3 years 7 months ago #38590

• Helpomatic
  • Fresh Boarder
HAHA, not a very profitable time for doing it then!
What's the easiest way to know if the server is down? Simply go onto the site and see if any pages load?
This'll probably be the last lot of questions I have for you Deathspike.
Cheers for all the help,
Matt

MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 3 years 7 months ago #38591

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
That is usually the case, yes. However, it seems that MangaFox is doing something else this time around. From the announcements (forums.mangafox.me/threads/380244-General-Announcements/page2) this is currently a known issue, and from another thread (forums.mangafox.me/threads/502135-%E2%98...98%BB%E2%98%BB/page6) we can see that it is in fact related to a 'protection' that was added yesterday.

I'll wait for regular browsers to start functioning, and then probably have to add some code to deal with the 'protection' they add. Follow-up on the issue and status here github.com/Deathspike/mangarack/issues/16

MangaRack - Manga for ComicRack 3 years 7 months ago #38592

• Helpomatic
  • Fresh Boarder
That explains why v1.x that I was using was only downloading the cover picture for the manga series.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Who's Online

We have 245 guests and 5 members online