Welcome, Guest
Discussions about Manga Comics
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is your favorite manga ?

What is your favorite manga ? 7 years 8 months ago #5757

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Honestly, I haven't read much manga, but would certainly love to ...

I have partially read "Old Boy" and have got "Death Note".

What would you recommend ?

Share with us your favorite manga here..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What is your favorite manga ? 7 years 8 months ago #5778

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
I have been enjoying Fullmetal Alchemist lately. It's drawing near to the end of the series and still very good.

I read about halfway through Naruto and then got bored, still good though.

Ranma 1/2 is kinda funny.

It's not for everybody, but I like to read Pokemon Adventures.

I'll have to check out Death Note, I've heard it's pretty good but never got around to reading it.

Re:What is your favorite manga ? 7 years 8 months ago #5812

• 600WPMPO
Stonepaw wrote:
I'll have to check out Death Note, I've heard it's pretty good but never got around to reading it.

Man... same here !! It is getting old sitting at the bottom of my collection. Please read and tell me if its worth the craze it generated !!

I'll try out your recommendation: Fullmetal Alchemist

Re:What is your favorite manga ? 7 years 8 months ago #6030

• Ludwig
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Old Boy watched the movie first :o)

Favorite? Always difficult to say.
But I have a few that are printed in my head.

It was Glénat which introduced the first Manga in my little country.

L'homme qui Marche (Aruku Hito or the Walking man) was one of my first manga (..my precious.. ;o) and not a mainstream manga..

Next was Gon.
Both speechless manga, that's why I thought our Japanese friends were still in the speechless comic era.. just kidding.

Ikkyu, Nausicaa also volumes that I cherisch.

Then began to buy form the States, bought the Lone Wolf & Cub series (+ films) after reading one volume.
I'm a fan of Akira Kurosawa's samuraifilms and Josjikawa's Moesasji (book) so couldn't neglect that, also the Vagabond manga-series !

Monster (not the cookie one).

Last discovery was Vinland Saga (scanlation version because not officially available at the moment).

Re:What is your favorite manga ? 7 years 7 months ago #6868

• 600WPMPO
Lately I've been reading "Liar Game" and am highly impressed by it !

Just wanted to know about the 3 most popular manga out there.. Naruto, Bleach, and OnePiece. If anyone here has read them, which one do you recommend ? Stonepaw got bored halfway through Naruto, so would I also get bored ? They are long.. like 400-500 chapters, so while I want to read, at the same time I'm afraid to begin.. :unsure:

Re:What is your favorite manga ? 7 years 7 months ago #6869

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Right now I'd have to say my favorite is Claymore, but I came to it via the anime so maybe I'm biased. I just started Biomega and it's enjoyable so far.

Re:What is your favorite manga ? 7 years 7 months ago #6884

• Annorax
  • Fresh Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
Just wanted to know about the 3 most popular manga out there.. Naruto, Bleach, and OnePiece. If anyone here has read them, which one do you recommend ? Stonepaw got bored halfway through Naruto, so would I also get bored ? They are long.. like 400-500 chapters, so while I want to read, at the same time I'm afraid to begin.. :unsure:

Out of the big 3 I only read Naruto, maybe because i started reading it 10 years ago when it began and haven't really stopped. Ocassionly the story gets a little boring at times but right now it's really exciting. If you like magical ninja/feudal japan type setting I suggest trying it out and read a few chapters or even the first volume and go from there.

Re:What is your favorite manga ? 7 years 7 months ago #6902

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
I've read Naruto and Bleach. The first one still holds some interest after years but Bleach on the other hand is too repetitious and boring overall - I don't even read new chapters as they come weekly. I haven't read OnePiece and I probably won't pick it up. I guess I'm too old and there is too much other thing on my 'plan to read' list.

If I have to choose one long series to start reading of all I've read till now it would definitely be 'Berserk'. I have no words to praise it enough. I hold sentimental value to this series as it started my interest in manga long time ago and every time new chapter is out it makes my day. That's over 10 years now!
Preview Gallery
Gats, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces attracted to him and his woman because of a demonic mark on their necks, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength gained from a harsh childhood lived with mercenaries, a gigantic sword, and an iron prosthetic left hand, Gats must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity.

Read some comments here Berserk for more insight. And be advised - this manga has some strong mature content. Occasional nudity, permanent violence, nude violence, violent nudity, etc. ;)
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by quidam.

Re:What is your favorite manga ? 6 years 8 months ago #12665

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
I've been wanting to read Berserk. Loved the anime!! Gantz, Blame! and Battle Angel Alita are others that, from the summaries I've read, seems like they would be quite interesting. Any opinions? Has anyone read Battle Royale? Any Good?

Re: What is your favorite manga ? 6 years 7 months ago #13334

• Taro
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
One of my all time favorites still is Hokuto no Ken, although it's not an easy read with plenty of rare kanji and quasi no furigana :S
The sequel (or prequel if you will), Souten no Ken is also worth it, but Hokuto no Ken is still the better one of the two, in my opinion.

Currently I'm also enjoying Claymore, up to and including volume 19 so far. Also reading: City Hunter XYZ, Bleach, Captain Tsubasa Golden-23
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.953 seconds

Who's Online

We have 548 guests and 4 members online