Welcome, Guest
Discussions about Manga Comics
  • Page:

TOPIC: MangaDownloader v2.1

MangaDownloader v2.1 7 years 7 months ago #6867

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I recently came across a software for downloading manga. I liked it a lot and thought that I'll share it with you.

MangaDownloader is a free portable manga downloader that can download all available online mangas from OneManga.com.
On the left sidebar there is a list of all manga available at Onemanga.com. Upon selecting a manga, the information, summary, and cover image on the main window is available. Select the chapter that you want to read and hit 'Begin Download' to save it for offline viewing.
By default all mangas are saved inside the Documents folder but the location can be changed from Settings. The mangas are downloaded in zip archive format.
Its a Java-based application, so works cross-platform on Windows, Linux, or Mac equally well.
It can be downloaded from google code site here. Its latest update is dated Feb 01, 2010.

I liked the facts that it is portable, very light-weight, fast and uses little memory. Moreover, it appears that in future, more manga websites are likely be added to the list. The source code is also out there, so some of our developers would naturally be able to tweak it further.

I plan to use MangaDownloader for archiving older chapters of ongoing manga, and using Stonepaw's webcomic template for getting their recent updates in ComicRack.

So, what do you think of it ?
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:MangaDownloader v2.1 7 years 7 months ago #6871

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Nice, this is pretty slick. There's a few mangas in there I had been wanting to try out. I'd like to get some of these set up for .cbw as well. Thanks for sharing this!

Re:MangaDownloader v2.1 7 years 7 months ago #6872

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
Hm... as an alternative try: domdomsoft.com/

Pros:
-scraps from more manga sites (including high quality mangatoshokan)
-converts to cbz
-gets job done ;]

Cons:
-limited free version (no bookmarks and queue)

As for me, I prefer getting manga via IRC, old-fashoned way. ;)

The biggest resource of XDCC servers out there is #lurk@irc.irchighway.net (gotlurk.net/).

If you've never downloaded anything from IRC I personally recommend mIRC with XDCC Klipper plugin as the most convenient way. Google for tutorials how to set it up.

One more thing I think is worth mentioning here: www.mangaupdates.com/

The largest manga database site that includes information about scanlations and releases. Lots of users, ratings, reviews. Nice search, filtering and recommendation features that may be helpful when you want to find something to read that suits your tastes.

I'd love if one day someone would write script for scrapping info form there, just like ComicVine does for comics. ;) That's my greatest wish concerning ComicRack.

Re:MangaDownloader v2.1 7 years 7 months ago #6881

• 600WPMPO
quidam wrote:
quidam, thank you very much for these excellent manga resources !! More good karma for you my friend (though I still miss your shaking head :laugh: ) !

will try to figure out mIRC by google.. if I'll have any problem, I'll ask you ..

Re:MangaDownloader v2.1 7 years 7 months ago #6891

• 600WPMPO
quidam wrote:
As for me, I prefer getting manga via IRC, old-fashoned way. ;)

The biggest resource of XDCC servers out there is #lurk@irc.irchighway.net (gotlurk.net/).

If you've never downloaded anything from IRC I personally recommend mIRC with XDCC Klipper plugin as the most convenient way. Google for tutorials how to set it up.

Its been whole day, and I've tried my heart out, and have finally been able to begin downloading. Please take a look and tell if I've got it right:

I had to go to the lurk site here and click the '+' icon to get the code that read like
/msg Neverwhere xdcc send 5316
I then entered the code in mIRC to download the chapter.

What I wish to know is that if I want to download the entire naruto, then will I have to do this copy/paste procedure for every chapter ?

How do I utilise the XDCC Klipper plugin ? I got an XDCC browser, but can't seem to make use of it..

Please quidam help.. :(

Re:MangaDownloader v2.1 7 years 7 months ago #6896

• Havokdan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I like bananas
With mIRC open, press Alt + R, let the tab "Remote" in the foreground in the window that opened, press Ctrl + L and press the "xdccklipper.mrc" then click the right mouse button on the bot, and go to "XDCC Klipper Functions> Get Pack> Number of Pack." "Batch request packs of bot" to request multiple packs at once, works as follows, if you want the packs from 0 to 15 with the exception of 8 and 9, you type "0-7,10-15. "Get on queue" is to add the pack in line. "Schedule Pack" is to schedule as to when the XDC klipper will give the command to get the pack. All the commands I mentioned above are made without quotes.

Re:MangaDownloader v2.1 7 years 7 months ago #6899

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
Yep, that's pretty much how it goes after you had installed the script. Saves a lot of Ctrc+C & Ctrl+V. ;)

Happy downloads and enjoy your reading!

Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by quidam.

Re: MangaDownloader v2.1 7 years 1 week ago #10896

• Taro
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
The best sources I've found so far to get original manga scans, is still Winny and Share. Most of them are .rar packs so all you need to do is then rename them to .cbr and you're good to go.

A good site to help you look for hashes (checksums you can input into Share or Winny to autodownload the correct files) is this one:
hashdb.com/

When looking for a manga, these characters can come in handy:
一般コミック = means you're looking for a comic
第xx巻 = the volume number you are looking for

Let's say I'm looking for volume 44 of Bleach (Bleach in Japanese = ブリーチ-), then my typical search parameter would be:
一般コミック ブリーチ- 第44巻 .rar
Last Edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Taro.

Re: MangaDownloader v2.1 7 years 1 week ago #10901

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
Hmmm... I'd hate to be a buzz kill but I don't think that the CR forums are the best place to talk about illegal mangas/comics sharing places. I'm sure that lots of people are interested but still... CR is a reader, not a new xdcc/bt/winny way of sharing comics.

And, yes I know that without the grave digging skills of our dear taro I wouldn't even have known this topic but still, I don't think that this is the place.

Just my 2 cents.
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.

Re: MangaDownloader v2.1 7 years 1 week ago #10906

• Taro
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I've only recently started adding my manga to ComicRack, so my apologies for digging up an old topic.

Also, sincerest apologies if my topic is inappropriate or against the rules. It's certainly not my intent to cause harm to this forum, great community or to put cYo in a tight spot (especially considering I appreciate his hard work on ComicRack so much). So if need be, I'll erase my previous post or let the forum admins erase it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.480 seconds

Who's Online

We have 198 guests and 2 members online