Friday December 19 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discussion and Sharing of Web Comics
  • Page:

TOPIC: MetaComic : RSS/XML Daily Comic Strip Viewer & Archiver

MetaComic : RSS/XML Daily Comic Strip Viewer & Archiver 3 years 9 months ago #12711

• metacomic
  • Fresh Boarder
The MetaComic client is a windows desktop based comic strip retrieval and archiving utility used to fetch comic strips from various publicly available RSS/XML feeds on the Internet. It can be used to update your daily comic strips for viewing at ease of your windows desktop. The application maintains a folder based comic strip database in which you can store and manage your favorite comic strips. It can be used to convert comic strip images in your comic strip database to CBZ (comic book archive) format or PDF (Portable Document Format) format for archiving and viewing in your eComic Reader( eg. ComicRack)

With MetaComic you can tag your favorite comic strips with keywords as you wish. It allows you to bookmark your favorite daily comic strips so that you can laugh or enjoy the humor again!.

MetaComics Version 2.2 (BETA) : Download
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MetaComic : RSS/XML Daily Comic Strip Viewer & Archiver 3 years 9 months ago #12714

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 80
Hi, ComicRack already does this and a zillion times more. Please take your spam somewhere else.

Re: MetaComic : RSS/XML Daily Comic Strip Viewer & Archiver 3 years 9 months ago #12719

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 480
Shinrai wrote:
Hi, ComicRack already does this and a zillion times more. Please take your spam somewhere else.
Awww... come on Shinrai, the program is quite nice! Besides, he has also shared the link to ComicRack on his project page. Lets not discourage him.. :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: MetaComic : RSS/XML Daily Comic Strip Viewer & Archiver 3 years 9 months ago #12724

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 80
I'm operating under the assumption that it's automated because it sounds so boilerplate and spammy. If OP wants to come back and participate in discussion I'll take it back. ;)

Re: MetaComic : RSS/XML Daily Comic Strip Viewer & Archiver 3 years 9 months ago #12725

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 480
Well, technically it is spam. But, still better than those "hey-click-here-for-exciting-rewards" ones! ;-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: MetaComic : RSS/XML Daily Comic Strip Viewer & Archiver 3 years 9 months ago #12737

• metacomic
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there, I did'nt intend to spam here.I do use comic rack,but not much of the advance functionality,plus did know it had scripting ability etc. (I would use that too ;-)). Well the program is available for you to try out anyway.I use it for daily comic fetch from rss feeds.

Re: MetaComic : RSS/XML Daily Comic Strip Viewer & Archiver 3 years 9 months ago #12740

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 40
Now, Shinrai has to take all his evil venom back! :lol:

Thx metacomic for this little moment of joy and for sharing your app as well ;)

Re: MetaComic : RSS/XML Daily Comic Strip Viewer & Archiver 3 years 8 months ago #12843

• metacomic
  • Fresh Boarder
NEW BETA RELEASE: MetaComics Version 2.3 (BETA)

Change Note:
  • NEW: Supports over 222 Comic Strip RSS/XML feeds !!!
  • NEW: Added MetaComic Comic News Reader (NYT Comics RSS News) for comic enthusiast to keep update with the comic strip world.
  • NEW: Added support for your custom comics.com RSS,Check Options Menu to add url and use.
  • NEW: Experimental Comic Collector in the works.Used for downloading shared comic strips.
  • NEW: On close minimizes to tray.
  • NEW: Can schedule comic plug-in updates as you wish,Check Options Scheduler.
  • NEW: 32 additional WebComic comic plug-ins added.
  • NEW: Added comic slide show option.MetaComic slide show option for both Viewer and Archiver.
  • NEW: Added add to bookmark/favorite from Viewer Screen Menu
  • NEW: Better minimial PDF rendering.
  • FIX: Better error logging and options.
  • FIX: Comic fetch would not continue after 404 http error on image not found for a plug-in , user had to try again or disable plug-in.
  • FIX: MetaComic Plugin enhancements and bug fixes.
  • FIX: Comic of today would not be displayed on viewer if not .gif
  • FIX: Comic strip database folder and plug-in download folder mismatch based on application settings lapse.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by metacomic.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Who's Online

We have 249 guests and 1 member online
  • Havokdan

PIM

You are not logged in.