• Page:

TOPIC: Adding some WebComics to the installer

Re: Adding some WebComics to the installer 6 years 6 months ago #14533

• Helmic
  • Expert Boarder
  • (Don't be) That guy
  • Thank you received: 82
The Memphis Flash wrote:
EXACTLY my point. we do not know who is going to be using comic rack so best to be safe. anyone can use it with or without supervision. i still say NO to this.

Actually, my point is "too bad too sad" for those people. CR isn't made with parental controls in mind, and while we're not going to include NSFW or otherwise blatantly inappropriate stuff, we aren't going to cater to the crowd that aren't allowed to read comics with the word "damn" in them.
{Oo} wrote:
I'm all for including some webcomics to the intitial CR setup; but, as shinrai mentionned, I really think that it would benefit from the authorization of their creators. This way, CR could benefit from alittle publicity on those webcomics websites and, those webcomics would benefit from some of our users trafic. I said some because, don't kid ourselves, most users will just dismiss them.

And, as cYo said, suitable to most (if not all) audiences.

Just my 2 cents of course. ;)

I'm pretty sure plenty of people will read through whatever's included. But otherwise that's exactly what I have in mind.
Request webcomics on IRC: http://widget.mibbit.com/?server=irc.rizon.net&channel=%23comicrack
server: irc.rizon.net
channel: #comicrack
Or in the webcomics subforum: http://comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/22-web-comics
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Helmic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Adding some WebComics to the installer 6 years 6 months ago #14536

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Seems there's internet in Spain - what a surprise :)

I'm all for endorsements. I think a lot of people more or less reading scans found out about WebComics here. Like I wrote to that creator, why not make a WebComic version. WebComics are just one marginal step up from RSS feeds and feed readers.

But on the other hand in the case of WebComics, ComicRack is just a Web Browser with an AdBlocker installed. And for sure no one here uses Adblockers :)
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by cYo.

Re: Adding some WebComics to the installer 6 years 6 months ago #14537

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
Well then, you've just found something else, which is time crunching, to do cYo! :whistle:

I would have loved to help you in that new step which seems really interesting to me but, as you know, I'm not available a lot for the moment. To bad for me. But, if you still need something from me, don't hesitate. As soon as I receive my laptop, I'll be fully available.

And, as you mentionned, there indeed IS internet in Spain! I was surprised to see little chinese people cranking up some bikes connected to a broadband modem! :laugh:
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by {Oo}.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Who's Online

We have 256 guests and one member online