Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: [Megapost] Reading Lists

Re: [Megapost] Reading Lists 6 years 2 weeks ago #18600

• Soluzar
  • Junior Boarder
Does someone have a complete list for the War of the Gods crossover? I've seen a couple different lists - one of which included a bunch of Wonder Woman issues that apparently led into the event, the other of which included more issues (including some Capt. Atom) actually from during or directly around the event.

I've not read it before and I'd like a fairly comprehensive reading list if possible.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: [Megapost] Reading Lists 6 years 2 weeks ago #18603

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
  • Thank you received: 32
Soluzar, sorry i don't, but keep an eye here, maybe you'll get lucky.

@Emerald_Knight, do you have any other X-Men reading lists ?

I plan on practicing making reading lists with the Second Coming, but if one of you already has it, maybe I should do something else.

Related to the topic so I hope it's OK to post, I found a while ago this little blog where the author posts gorgeous X-Men reading maps (the stuff that total comic nerds LOVE to do (yep, that's us folks).

Here's an example for the Necrosha event :

ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
Join us on IRC, don't be shy :) Server:irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack
More info here
Last Edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by O.Ren.

Re: [Megapost] Reading Lists 6 years 2 weeks ago #18613

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
O.Ren wrote:
..I found a while ago this little blog where the author posts gorgeous X-Men reading maps (the stuff that total comic nerds LOVE to do (yep, that's us folks).
:woohoo: The map is beautiful to look at. Great discovery young O.Ren..!
However, I find it a bit confusing. e.g. After the necrosha one-shot, there are 3 paths. Where to begin, or are they all taking place simultaneously? And what exactly do the icons mean: the green checkmark, the orange (!), some maps also have a red cross mark..

p.s. The idea is quite nice. Any clue as to which software they used to make these? I'll like to try out a map by myself..B)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: [Megapost] Reading Lists 6 years 2 weeks ago #18617

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
600WPMPO wrote:
:woohoo: The map is beautiful to look at. Great discovery young O.Ren..!
However, I find it a bit confusing. e.g. After the necrosha one-shot, there are 3 paths. Where to begin, or are they all taking place simultaneously? And what exactly do the icons mean: the green checkmark, the orange (!), some maps also have a red cross mark..

They are beautiful aren't they !

The green check mark means the issue is out and available for purchase
The orange (!) means it's not out yet but we know it's coming (at the time of the map's birth)

As for reading it, sometimes an event isn't really crossing over through titles, but rather happens in the timeline of several titles (Marvel loves doing this more and more). So when the paths are parallels, it means you can read each title on its own, but all the stories happen within the timeline of the event (here Necrosha).

Usually these titles, if they don't share exactly the same story, they contain references to the event, or are based on a detail belonging to the event.

I read my comics most of the time on the iPad when not in front of CR, and I loaded all the maps this guy made on ComicZeal (the ipad comics reader of choice): so when I read X-Men issues, I can check if I'm reading an event for particular reading order or for previous/coming events :)
600WPMPO wrote:
p.s. The idea is quite nice. Any clue as to which software they used to make these? I'll like to try out a map by myself..B)

The author mentioned in his blog that he uses Microsoft Visio to make these maps.
If you are interested in reading maps, there's a very active community at www.ComicBinding.com
and www.thecomicforums.com/forum2/index.php?showforum=163

And here's another map just for the fun : 3o1415.deviantart.com/#/d31lmeg (Oh and this guy also makes comic folders icons, so maybe you can link to him from your tutorial on organizing our comic library , I think I remember quite a few people asking about folder icons :) )

Apologies again as this is a bit off topic :blush:
ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
More info here
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: [Megapost] Reading Lists 6 years 2 weeks ago #18618

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
O.Ren wrote:
I read my comics most of the time on the iPad when not in front of CR, and I loaded all the maps this guy made on ComicZeal (the ipad comics reader of choice): so when I read X-Men issues, I can check if I'm reading an event for particular reading order or for previous/coming events
Till I get my ASUS Transformer (summer 2012), I do most of my non-PC reading on my iPod, again on ComicZeal. (I also lately bought Comic Express from the thanksgiving sale (the app is still $0.99), and was quite impressed by it. If you wish, you can give it a try..

O.Ren wrote:
The author mentioned in his blog that he uses Microsoft Visio to make these maps.
If you are interested in reading maps, there's a very active community at www.ComicBinding.com
Thanks for that info. I was thinking maybe they used some mind-mapping software for this (like MIndManager).

p.s. Apologies to the mods for the off-topic chat! :blush:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: [Megapost] Reading Lists 6 years 5 days ago #19216

• Aegrus
  • Junior Boarder
alext41 wrote:
here we gon now with Spider-Island reading order taken from Spider-Island

File Attachment:

File Name: Spider-Island.cbl
File Size:7 KB

Your CBL differs from that of your source. I feel that in your CBL "Spider-Island: The Amazing Spider Girl #3" is out of order and can provide a bit of a spoiler.

Your efforts and the citing of your source are definitely appreciated. I enjoyed the event as well as catching up on the Spidey Universe.

In case there is interest, my attached should mirror your source.

File Attachment:

File Name: Spider-Island.cbl
File Size:6 KB
Last Edit: 6 years 5 days ago by Aegrus.

Re: [Megapost] Reading Lists 6 years 5 days ago #19249

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
Not particularly one of my favorite X-Men events, but hey, maybe this is someone else's thing : X-Men: Curse of the Mutants where Utopia's residents meet Dracula's next of kin, and then some.
The list is complete, in reading order.

File Attachment:

File Name: Event Curs...2010.cbl
File Size:0 KB

The list has been ComicVined to facilitate finding the items in your library if you too use ComicVine.

The event takes place after The Heroic Age and before Age of X.

It's not per say a fundamental event as far as the current events go. A couple of things happen during this event that we'll see again a bit later on, but nothing the first page of the concerned issues won't explain.

This was expected to happen 2 years before, back when everyone below 16 was hooked on Jacob and what's-his-name-the-boring-vampire. You know, Twilight stuff. But I guess at the time Marvel had their hands full with Civil War (Thank God), so the Vampires had to wait.

What is noticeable about this event:

- This is a good pretext to get started on yet another sub mariner series: Namor, The First Mutant.
it features for the first issues one of my all times favorite artists, Ariel Olivetti, gifting us with probably the best Namor cover e-ver:

- Jubilee is back almost at the center of the story, which for the early days fans is still enjoyable

- Apart from a couple of allusions here and there, there isn't any link to the first encounter between the X-Men and vampires (Dracula meets Storm - Marvel includes in this event the original story so you get to read it if you didn't before)

- Wolvie can actually get a bit scarier with fangs:

ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
More info here
Last Edit: 6 years 5 days ago by O.Ren.

Re: [Megapost] Reading Lists 6 years 4 days ago #19273

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
X:Men : Age of X

"In a strange reality where the X-Men never came to be, the war between humans and mutants has escalated to a level never before seen. What has become of our heroes and who will survive as the final war commences?"

File Attachment:

File Name: Event Age of X.cbl
File Size:0 KB

This is actually a surprisingly good arc. Surprisingly because you'd think you've seen all the alternate stuff you can see, but this twist is pretty attractive, mainly because some characters have been taken a bit our of there usual boxes - and the art fits them perfectly.

It's packed with action, and never slows down. Mike Clay does a great job at revealing the story, and filling us on enough past events that we can't wait to see where the present events lead to. New couples are introduced, new gear, new leaders, new good guys and new bad guys. For such a short arc, to be able to explore so many ideas makes it on of my favorites for 2011.
And last but not least, this arc is really well tied back with the ongoing series, so you'll get to see how it impacts the main storyline.

You even get a bit of Fantastic Four and Avengers in this mini event.
I really enjoyed reading it, and it left me wanting to read much more about it.

I wouldn't recommend this reading list to someone who has no or very little knowledge of the X-Men universe. You will definitely savor it when you're a bit familiar with the events that lead to Utopia, as well as with the powers and personalities of the X-Men characters.
ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
More info here
Last Edit: 6 years 3 days ago by O.Ren.

Re: [Megapost] Reading Lists 5 years 11 months ago #19486

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
I don't know if this is the place to ask, but if someone has a reading list for World War Hulk, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Nevermind...didn't see it first time through the thread.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Samael69.

Re: [Megapost] Reading Lists 5 years 11 months ago #19529

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
OK, this one isn't here. Does someone have a reading list for Fall of the Hulks?
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Who's Online

We have 257 guests and 3 members online