Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most)

Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 7 months ago #13755

this is a zip file with various lists in excel format.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by cYo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerviel, BJBull

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 7 months ago #13817

• Ludwig
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
The Karmapolice..

You're -1 ??

What did you do?

Let's change that.

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 7 months ago #13819

i posted in the wrong place in my first week on the site by mistake,
hope the lists are of use to you. i have most of them already.
found a nice download. ;)

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 7 months ago #14187

• Soluzar
  • Junior Boarder
Is there any way to turn one of these spreadsheets into a reading list for ComicRack? So far I'm just using it as a guide to identify gaps in my library that I could plug, but it would be nice if I could import the list you spent a lot of time working on.

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 7 months ago #14198

• Emerald_Knight
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/23-reading-l...gapost-reading-lists

Yeah it's a link to my own post, but I've already put together most of the lists in this file. I haven't bothered with the story lines if they're contained in one title, (unless it includes an Annual) Please let me know if there are any lists you'd like to have, and I'll get to work on them. = )

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 7 months ago #14203

• Soluzar
  • Junior Boarder
I have already added several of your lists! They are very useful, thank you. There's nothing specific I could ask you to work on, really. I started reading Spidey and the X-Men fairly late on in their run. In the case of the Spider-Man family I was around just in time to catch the arrival of the Scarlet Spider and for the X-Men family I've read since a little bit before Fatal Attactions.

In the case of both franchises I want to go further back - back to the beginning. I want to pick up on what I missed. With X-Men it's fairly straightforward until X-Factor kicks in, and with Spidey my main interest right now is to find out where Venom started. I know to read Secret Wars first but after that...?

The rest of the post is just rambling, don't feel obligated to listen just because I'm talking. :)

Perhaps you can advise? Also if you've got any words of wisdom to offer to one looking to dip a toe into the Fantastic Four and Avengers, as well as their related titles, that would be fun. I've actually quit following new comics, but maybe it's just my age - I have an enduring and even growing affection for the older Marvel Universe. I think ultimately I'm going to read everything I can find.

My knowledge is limited though. Your lists are good, but... reading the titles, an eager fan doesn't know what comes after what. I'm sure I can find my way, but any tips on what to try first and where to go next are much appreciated.

Do any of your lists pertain to the various stories about the Fantastic Four/Galactus/Silver Surfer? That's something I've been curious about for the longest time. Another thing, your Secret Wars I and II list contain just the limited series - I was under the impression that in addition to these you also had to cut through a swathe of related books as in the case of more recent mega-crossover-events.

I have a lot of questions and a lot of reading to do. Ultimately I guess I can answer all my questions by reading whatever I have in order of publication, but it won't tell me what else I should be reading to get the full picture. My apologies for the verbosity of this post, it's something of a flaw in me.
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Soluzar.

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 7 months ago #14204

• Emerald_Knight
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
I understand the difficulty in determining the reading order for the lists themselves. I've given that some thought, and perhaps I could put the year it occured in the list title, but really, without having every story line in a list, I don't think it would be possible. HOWEVER, Wikipedia has two FANTASTIC pages that would answer all these questions:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_events_of_the_Marvel_Universe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_events_of_the_DC_Universe

These are what I go to to decide what list to work on. Whatever storyline interests me at the time is the one I work on now.

As for my advice, Start with #1!!! :laugh: That's always been my chosen path. I love reading everything, starting from the beginning.

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 7 months ago #14205

• Soluzar
  • Junior Boarder
Emerald_Knight wrote:
As for my advice, Start with #1!!! :laugh: That's always been my chosen path. I love reading everything, starting from the beginning.
I think I will probably do this, but... can I live that long? :laugh:

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 7 months ago #14206

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
I do this like so:

-Scrape all my library with Comicvine Scraper (this is the important part)

-Create a smart list with the following rule:
1)Alternate Story is <Story im interested in>
(for example, "Secret Wars" or "Annihilation")

-Then on the list, make sure you have
Grouped=none
Stacked=none
Sorted=Published

this gives the correct reading order in 99% of the cases for all major crossover events. I mean, if it gets Crisis on Infinite Earths right, it can't be that wrong :)

fK

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 7 months ago #14207

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
forkicks wrote:
...this gives the correct reading order in 99% of the cases for all major crossover events. I mean, if it gets Crisis on Infinite Earths right, it can't be that wrong
While it works many-a-times, it will not work always:

Here we have the Blackest night chronology hand-picked by alternate number sorting:

Now, I sort them by published date, and there you see the difference:

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds

Who's Online

We have 219 guests and 4 members online