Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most)

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 5 months ago #14213

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
This only means they published issues in the wrong order or that the order of those issues is not important to the overall story-arc (for example, think of the many Spider-man Secret Invasion, X-Men Secret Invasion, etc) and can be read in mostly any order inside the big story.

This is personal opinion, i guess. I prefer reading this kind of events in the order they were published - and that tends to be the correct reading order most of the time.

On your reading order pictures, the first difference is number 0 of Blackest night, which is just a "teaser" that came out 3 MONTHS before the actual story begun. Hardly wrong positioning. Didnt check all the others, but again, for me, if it doesn't show Blackest Night 4 ahead of Blackest Night 3, and keeps Blackest Night Superman in order, Blackest Night Titans in order, etc, its fine and much easier to set up.

fK
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 5 months ago #14219

• Emerald_Knight
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
I can see where you're both coming from, as I'm in between. When I make my reading lists, the first thing I do is sort by publish date in a default 'temp' list. Then after a bit of research, I can move them into their own list and sort by position and correct any errors. I guess it all comes down to how anal you want to get about it. I prefer the top of the charts if I can reach 'em. = )

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 5 months ago #14221

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Emerald_Knight wrote:
..I guess it all comes down to how anal you want to get about it....
Anal.....that's the word for it, man!

I've seen extremist chronologists who dissect out each panel and discuss and then judge which issue happened before which. I used to make such lists, and in the end, I realized that it doesn't matter much. The last event I read was Shadowland, and I could pretty much skip all the tie-ins.

So, basically if you wish to read and enjoy, then forkicks' method is the best. If you get a kick out of meticulously arranging irrelevant nifty details, who's to stop you..! :P
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 5 months ago #14230

• Wedge
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Here is my set of Marvel Reading Lists, order might not be entirely accurate, but it's close enough for me.
some of them are Emerald Knight's, thanks again.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Taro

Re: Marvel Main Events Chronology (Most) 6 years 5 months ago #14236

• Emerald_Knight
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
Very nice list, Wedge.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds

Who's Online

We have 200 guests and 9 members online