Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: The New 52

The New 52 6 years 1 week ago #17068

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I have 2 lists.

The first one shows all the new 52 books' #1 issues in a scraped library.

The second one shows all the new 52 books (all issues as they will come) even in an unscraped library (provided past books have been scraped).

File Attachment:

File Name: The New 52...0-06.cbl
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: The New DC.cbl
File Size:16 KB
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenjio, Taro, James Spaceman, lacosanostra84

Re: The New 52 6 years 1 week ago #17090

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
well, thank you, kind sir!
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: The New 52 6 years 1 week ago #17091

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Awesome lists, thanks! Only issue is with the The New 52 list, even on a scraped collection it's pulling all the issues of Wonder Woman and Action Comics from 2011, not just the new volumes. Any way to correct that?

Re: The New 52 6 years 1 week ago #17099

• 600WPMPO
lanzajr26 wrote:
Only issue is with the The New 52 list, even on a scraped collection it's pulling all the issues of Wonder Woman and Action Comics from 2011, not just the new volumes. Any way to correct that?
I checked them again, and I don't think it is technically possible that incorrect issues will be pulled.

Basically, you need to have a finely scraped library for the first list. Please check if your Wonder Woman & Action Comics have the correct year/month fields.

If you are still getting errors, you can modify the second list (The new DC) to include a rule at the top that says : "Number is 1". You will surely get a content same as the first list (unscraped or scraped, doesn't matter).

Re: The New 52 6 years 3 days ago #17349

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Apparently, I've had the volume option unchecked in the Scraper for quite some time for no apparent reason. When I rescraped my DC books with Volume checked and your list works just fine :D

Now I get to go back and rescrape my entire libary :pinch:

Re: The New 52 5 years 11 months ago #17801

• Taro
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Awesome, thanks!

I've just started adding the new 52's to my library and was wondering how to easily filter them out of all the other DC stuff I have.

Great job!

Re: The New 52 5 years 10 months ago #18801

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
  • Thank you received: 32
Hey 600, just saw your thread here - and was wondering if The New 52 brings any big changes to the chronology and reading order of DC titles ?
I mean by that, are the new 52 happening as a continuity of their previous counterparts, or are they totally independent ?

I could Google it, but I'm not that immersed in DC universe that i could understand all the subtilities, but I've just started organizing the DC titles in ComicRack and I'm wondering if i should load up your list or just wait until i''m done with the title pre-New 52 I already have and need to organize ?

I'm hoping DC knowledgeable people can help :)
ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
Join us on IRC, don't be shy :) Server:irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack
More info here

Re: The New 52 5 years 10 months ago #18812

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
New 52 is essentially supposed to be a clean slate - while it references older events, they've often changed in different ways. The goal is that you can just pick it up and go, but practically speaking knowledge of old stories is useful because a lot of them still "happened".

Anyway, they're just going to pull another Crisis and undo all of this again in a few years, sooo...

Re: The New 52 5 years 10 months ago #18814

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
  • Thank you received: 32
lol.. it's a bit confusing though to hear that in the new titles, things that have happened, have not happened ... (then again it's way too late for me to be able to count on all my brain cells to comprehend it). But still, the titles happen in the same universe ? (I know, i know, "go pick up a couple of issues and see for yourself will ya !".

In Marvel, beside the joyful creation of parallel universes by the dozen, they love killing and bringing people back. Multiple times. Non-zombie, non-vampire, non-invincible people.
But they do so openly, to the point where some writers actually made comments through their characters about how often it happens (especially the young characters in X-Men stories, who are sometimes used to voice what all X-Men fans know about Jean Grey: the woman could pop back into life any issue now and die again, it's ok, we're used to it).
ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
Join us on IRC, don't be shy :) Server:irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack
More info here
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by O.Ren.

Re: The New 52 5 years 10 months ago #18901

• 600WPMPO
O.Ren wrote:
lol.. it's a bit confusing though to hear that in the new titles, things that have happened, have not happened ... (then again it's way too late for me to be able to count on all my brain cells to comprehend it). But still, the titles happen in the same universe ?
It is highly confusing (and useless) to put them at a particular chronological place.

For instance, the new 52 has at lease 4 titles where Batman is highly active:
Batman
Batman & Robin
Detective Comics
Catwoman

If you allow me to analyze the end of each #1 issue of these titles, here is where Batman currently is:

*****Click to read spoilers*****
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

My advice for dealing with the new 52:

1. On your ComicRack: make a new 52 smart list, and maintain it. Make as many smart lists as you feel like to organize them.

2. On your hard disc: Ignore the new 52. Just go on with your life as if the new 52 never happened. Keep on adding new comics to the previous folders, albeit with the new volume number at the end. e.g. Batman (vol 2011).

p.s. It is better to use start years as volumes (e.g. vol 2011) as compared to numbers (e.g. vol 2). ComicVine scraper also agrees with this.
Shinrai wrote:
New 52 is essentially supposed to be a clean slate - while it references older events, they've often changed in different ways. The goal is that you can just pick it up and go, but practically speaking knowledge of old stories is useful because a lot of them still "happened".
I agree with Shinrai. A few exceptions are mainly the Green Lantern books, which have continued as such (previous issues are a must-read). Others you can directly jump on.

Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by 600WPMPO.
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Who's Online

We have 183 guests and one member online