Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: The New 52

Re: The New 52 5 years 11 months ago #18908

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
  • Thank you received: 32
Gotcha, thanks for the guidance, it's gonna be very helpful :)

Only thing is the volume by year, I just have a hard time doing that, in my head, all the repeated series are organized by which "reboot" they are. But we'll see, maybe I'll see reason when I get deeper into organizing them, I'm only at a couple hundred comics so far...
ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
Join us on IRC, don't be shy :) Server:irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack
More info here
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The New 52 5 years 11 months ago #18931

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
For years I resisted switching to the volume is initial year schema.
But after I did the jump, I never looked back :)

BTW here is a modified New DC list that will work into the next year :)
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by cYo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, kenjio, James Spaceman

Re: The New 52 5 years 11 months ago #18946

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
So I ran into a bug. The list did not save correctly. The tutorial still stands, though.

How to make your own The New 52 List:

Drop down the Search Browser, set first column to Publisher (and select DC Comics), set second column to Volume (and select V2011), set third column to Series (and select all Series from here dcu.blog.dccomics.com/the-new-52/). Of course you've to have all the entries in your library (either by creating fileless entries or having the scans) and all must be scraped properly.

Now Click on "Duplicate current list" and ComicRack will create the Smartlist for you in Temporary Lists. Rename it and move it to a better location.

Superboy and Dark Knight additionally need some fixing with Publisher Date (after 10/2011).
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by cYo.

Re: The New 52 5 years 11 months ago #19118

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
List works fine for me, except "Hawk and Dove" has been renamed to "Hawk & Dove" on CVS, so needs to be updated in the list criteria. Thanks!
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: The New 52 5 years 11 months ago #19120

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I had already posted the pre-made list in the first post. Is this any different?
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: The New 52 5 years 11 months ago #19128

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
My "modification" comment was regarding the list posted by cYo.. I must have missed yours, I'll grab it right away :P
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: The New 52 5 years 11 months ago #19189

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
For new 52 readers, I posted my reviews of the #1 issues of the new 52 books here: What's your favorite current DC comic?

600WPMPO wrote:
Here is my résumé of all the #1s from DC's new 52:

The best book (overall): Batman #1

The best story: Action Comics #1

The best art: Flash #1

The worst book: Supergirl #1

Most Promising book: All-star Western #1

Most Disappointing book: Superman #1

Reviewers liked, but I disliked: Wonder Woman #1

Reviewers disliked, but I liked: The Savage Hawkman #1

p.s. Please note that the blue ratings are not the 'stupid' ComicVine ratings (they rate everything between 3.5 and 4.5), but the ratings from comicbookresources.com that I have entered manually.

p.p.s. I hope you notice the one-line reviews I add in my ComicRack. As there is no dedicated field for this (I had requested this in the past), i have to 'misuse' the pre-existing fields. Sometimes, I feel like writing a tutorial :"How to exploit Comicrack to suit your needs" :laugh:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: The New 52 5 years 9 months ago #20755

• Brennok
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for the one liners, I figured I would give the new 52 a show since I am getting back in and never really read DC.

Re: The New 52 5 years 7 months ago #22429

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182

Attachment DC Comics_ New 52 Event_2012-05-27.cbl not found

Here is an updated list of all the New 52 books for each of the 52 titles (ongoing series only) for the first 7 months (364 books total). Those 52 titles are:
  • Action Comics
  • All-Star Western
  • Animal Man
  • Aquaman
  • Batgirl
  • Batman
  • Batman and Robin
  • Batman: The Dark Knight
  • Batwing
  • Batwoman
  • Birds of Prey
  • Blackhawks
  • Blue Beetle
  • Captain Atom
  • Catwoman
  • DC Universe Presents
  • Deathstroke
  • Demon Knights
  • Detective Comics
  • The Flash
  • Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E.
  • The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men
  • Green Arrow
  • Green Lantern
  • Green Lantern Corps
  • Green Lantern: New Guardians
  • Grifter
  • Hawk & Dove
  • I, Vampire
  • Justice League
  • Justice League Dark
  • Justice League International
  • Legion Lost
  • Legion of Super-Heroes
  • Men of War
  • Mister Terrific
  • Nightwing
  • O.M.A.C.
  • Red Hood and The Outlaws
  • Red Lanterns
  • Resurrection Man
  • The Savage Hawkman
  • Static Shock
  • Stormwatch
  • Suicide Squad
  • Superboy
  • Supergirl
  • Superman
  • Swamp Thing
  • Teen Titans
  • Voodoo
  • Wonder Woman

With each title finishing up at least one full story arc by this point I figured it was a good time to put together an updated list of all the issues.

**UPDATE May, 27 2012** The list has been updated to include the 8th month of the New 52 issue releases!
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by oraclexview.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, jetsman, FreddieP786, kashyaprn, sweener

Re: The New 52 5 years 5 months ago #23115

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
I updated the list I posted to include the 8th month releases of the New 52 titles. This marks the last issues for the six canceled titles Blackhawks, Hawk & Dove, Men of War, Mister Terrific, O.M.A.C., and Static Shock.

I haven't had much time to read these titles enough to critique the writing yet though I can say that just based off the beautiful artwork alone I'm personally going to be a little sad to see Blackhawks, Men of War, Mister Terrific, and Static Shock go before they had a chance to really establish themselves. Artwork has always drawn me to a title more so than the writing, probably due to my interest in drawing as a youth, and I think these four titles definitely had that part done right.
  • Ken Lashley & Graham Nolan's work on Blackhawks has a beautiful hard chiseled look that gives off a gritty feel and seemed like a perfect fit for the title and the updated concept of the Blackhawks actually got me interested in reading about previous renditions.
  • Tom Derenick's work on Men of War has solid yet organic look which seemed to draw me in visually and kept me from craving the big over the top exaggerated looks of a super-hero book.
  • Gianluca Gugliotta & Wayne Faucher's work on Mister Terrific has an awesomely exaggerated look for a super-hero book. Their work reminds me a lot of Dave Ross's work which was great work in a similarly exaggerated way (he was one of few artist that actually had Avengers West Coast looking like a book worth printing).
  • And of course there's Scott McDaniel's work on Static Shock which of course needs no words. His work in my opinion could sell any book (not counting this title of course), plus it seemed like the perfect fit for an action packed character like Static Shock.
So I hope to see all these artist on titles again very very soon because as long as the story is solid, you can't go wrong with them on the pencils and inks.

As far as Hawk & Dove, Rob Lieleld needs great writing, a super interesting plot, and hot characters for his books to do well. Unfortunately I just can't see that with Hawk & Dove. Keith Giffen's O.M.A.C. work, with no disrespect intended, reminds me too much of Jack Kirby. That artistic style was probably great in the 60s, but it has never looked great to me. I'm sure plenty would disagree with me, but oh well. lol. I can't remember for sure but I recall Keith Giffen's past work looking much different and more appealing. Either way, I can't see this helping a book like O.M.A.C. succeed, which isn't a strong title that many readers probably wouldn't connect with easily, so I wasn't shocked by this being canceled.

Let us see what the next wave has to offer because at this point I'm only expecting 3 of them, Earth 2, Worlds' Finest, and The Ravagers to MAYBE cause me to show interest.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by oraclexview.
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Who's Online

We have 253 guests and 4 members online