Post your Reading Lists here
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Best of" Reading Lists

Re: "Best of" Reading Lists 5 years 6 months ago #22351

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
cYo wrote:
Currently not. But you simply can rescrape them and also get all the covers. I may add a cbl export feature that also contains info and thumbnails in the future (this will of course make them much larger).
cYo, if you ever do decide to implement this feature, it would probably be a good idea to give the user an option in the configuration file to include all related metadata info with the CBL export file or to keep the current structure of the CBL export file (in order to maintain the current small file sizes).

Either way, I'm loving the CBL export/import function! :cheer:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: "Best of" Reading Lists 5 years 6 months ago #22354

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
perezmu wrote:
I waaaant theeeeese! :P
Long over due but here's the first one. :)

Attachment David Michelinie Amazing Spider-man Run_2012-06-10.cbl not found

Seeing as how Spider-man is one of my fav characters of all time in the history of pop culture, I thought I'd start with a list containing one of the best runs on the Amazing Spider-man title.

David Michelinie's run on the title as writer roughly between 1987 and 1994 contained some of the most classic Spider-man stories during that time period. Plus his great storylines were made a thousand times better by working with some of the best artist of all time such as John Romita Jr, Todd McFarlane, Erik Larsen & Mark Bagley amongst others.

Books that stand out to me in this list are:
  • Iconic issues #290 through 292 and Anuual #21 - this is the great story line where Peter proposes to Mary Jane and they get married. Penciled by the great John Romita Jr.
  • Iconic issues #298 through 300 - this introduced us to new regular artist Todd McFarlane (who's work I just love) and classic character Venom. I even learned about SLR cameras for the first time in these issues. :lol:
  • Annual #22 - this introduced us to the character Speedball (super corny, though I grew to like him a little) and was the first Spider-man work done by then Marvel Try-Out contest winner Mark Bagley (and we all know what fame Mark reached on Ultimate Spider-man after making a mark in New Warriors, Amazing Spider-man & Thunderbolts).
  • Annual #23 - a chapter within the great Atlantis Attacks storyline with artwork by Mark Bagley and the much loved/hated Rob Liefeld.
  • Issues #320 through 325 - The Assassination Plot story line that included Silver Sable, Captain America, Sabertooth & the Red Skull (how awesome is it to have these characters appear within a Spider-man script and all drawn by Todd McFarlane).
  • Issues #327 through 329 - the transition from Todd McFarlane to Erik Larsen as regular artist with both of them showing their artistic skills with the great Cosmic Spider-man stories during the Acts of Vengeance where he's up against Magneto, the Grey Hulk and the Tri-Sentinel.
  • Issues #334 through 339 - the great storyline Return of the Sinister Six. This was one of the first times it seemed to me like Spider-man's more lame looking villains actually look menacing against Spider-man, thanks to Doc Oct.
  • #340 through 343 - an interesting look at Spider-man losing his powers while still trying to fight villains. Plus we get a taste of the creators playing with the colors of Spider-man's costume...red and black.
  • #344 to 347 and 359 to 363 - here you'll get the introduction of the kinda cool character Cardiac and the foreshadowing leading into and introduction of Carnage along with some great Venom thrown in. Plus, the transition from Erik Larsen to Mark Bagley as regular artist.
  • between #364 and 388 - the saga of Peter Parker's parents is slowly played out in a predictable yet entertaining way. This also is a lead-in/tie-in to the ambitious clone saga that took place later on. During this period we're also gifted with early work done by Aaron Lopresti whom I've grown to love (latest volumes of Ms. Marvel & Justice League International are beautiful), though back during this period, Aaron's artistic skills left very much to be desired (it's interesting to see how much this artist's work has developed and grown).

Enjoy!!!
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: "Best of" Reading Lists 5 years 6 months ago #22358

• skroo
  • Fresh Boarder
I had a "duh" moment and figured out how my plan can work.

Just convert everything to .cbz and embed the meta in the file itself. It just travels with the file then for a very minimal size increase (1-4K tops?).

It's a little more prep work but the file conversion is automated and mindless (perfect for computers).

I win!

Re: "Best of" Reading Lists 5 years 6 months ago #22540

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Micheline's run...

Good one! Thanks

Re: "Best of" Reading Lists 5 years 4 months ago #23200

• Rodimus80
  • Junior Boarder
My collection is over 450GB and focuses mainly on DC and Marvel but there is a lot more then that. I might have to partake in this endeavor.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and 10 members online