Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: Request: Smartlist to show Series Start is not Issue #1

Request: Smartlist to show Series Start is not Issue #1 5 years 10 months ago #18804

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Guys,

Having trouble with this one...

I'm trying to make a smartlist that displays:

The 1st book in the series IF it is NOT issue #1, but ONLY display that particular issue.

I tried using the "Series Start = Greater than 1" only to find it also displays every issue after that as well. I just want to display the very 1st issue so I know where to start filling in holes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Request: Smartlist to show Series Start is not Issue #1 5 years 10 months ago #18806

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
  • Thank you received: 32
Ok I think this might work, let me know !

Edit: I uploaded it in case you prefer to just import it and for future fellow 'Rackers. It actually displays the earliest issue found for series where #1 issue is missing, but it was too long for the list name.

File Attachment:

File Name: Does not h...ssue.cbl
File Size:1 KB

How to get there:

Used the {statsfirstnumber} value for the Numer criteria.
You can get it by clicking in the right field of the rule, it will pop up a small other window:

Then you go to the "Insert Value" button, and go to the letter "S", a list will show, select "statsfirstnumber" from it:
(sorry, because I'm running Windows in a Mac window, I can't leave the mouse pointer on the selection and at the same time take the snapshot)

Click OK to get back to the smartlist edit window and you're good to go.
ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
Join us on IRC, don't be shy :) Server:irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack
More info here
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by O.Ren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, James Spaceman

Re: Request: Smartlist to show Series Start is not Issue #1 5 years 10 months ago #18807

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
I've tried a number of ideas...

I can get the series to display that begin with an issue other than #1... but for example Aquaman (1962) starts with #13, but displays 40 total books. I was hoping for a quick reference that would just show issue #13 and bypass the others.

I tried to use a "gap" option, but for example Blue Beetle (1986) #9 & 10 will not register in this smartlist because although the series starts higher than #1, it is not a gap.

Haha, I am not very good with smartlists. :D

Re: Request: Smartlist to show Series Start is not Issue #1 5 years 10 months ago #18809

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
  • Thank you received: 32
I edited my reply, let me know if it works for you :)

Smartlists are a bit tricky sometimes but when we help each other, we can quickly learn and get new ideas. I got all mine from the posts on this forum.

And for this one, I just kept looking for other criteria, made some trial & errors, and finally when I saw that {statsfirstnumber} criteria, i thought, it sounds like it might work, so all credit goes to the programmer who gave it the right name :P

This , if it does work as you want it to, would be a great addition to the "show orphan #1 issues" cYo posted. To add to "Maintenance Lists" folder!
ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
Join us on IRC, don't be shy :) Server:irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack
More info here
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by O.Ren.

Re: Request: Smartlist to show Series Start is not Issue #1 5 years 10 months ago #18813

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
I never knew about the drop-down menu if you double click the empty field! Awesome!

Thanks a lot for this, works perfectly now ;) +Karma

Re: Request: Smartlist to show Series Start is not Issue #1 5 years 10 months ago #18896

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
@O.Ren: Great job again! :-)

@James: the mention of the drop-down menu is in the manual ;-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Who's Online

We have 173 guests and 2 members online