Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: Avengers Vs. X-Men

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men 5 years 7 months ago #22431

• Brennok
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hmm wonder if two of my books are scraped incorrectly. It also picked up some old issues from 1998 in the smartlist.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men 5 years 7 months ago #22433

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Brennok wrote:
Hmm wonder if two of my books are scraped incorrectly. It also picked up some old issues from 1998 in the smartlist.
That is weird. There was the limited series The X-Men vs. the Avengers by Roger Stern and Marc Silvestri but that was released back in 1987. Could the books you linked with the scrapper be reprints that came out in '98?

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men 5 years 7 months ago #22434

• Brennok
  • Senior Boarder
I will check when I get home later but I believe they were from 1998 issue 25 and 26 iirc.

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men 5 years 7 months ago #22436

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
Brennok wrote:
I will check when I get home later but I believe they were from 1998 issue 25 and 26 iirc.
Ah, that helps. If you're using the smartlist that 600WPMPO posted then you probably have Avengers (volume 1998) #25 & #26, which both were released in 2000, already in your library. So, ComicRack may think these are the issues to grab since the new issues, Avengers (volume 2010) #25 & #26 haven't been released just yet thus they aren't in your library yet.
You can probably fix this by putting in a "Volume is 2010" rule right after the rules
"Series is Avengers"
"Number is in the range 25 and 26"
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men 5 years 7 months ago #22438

• Brennok
  • Senior Boarder
Ok cool I will try that when I get home later tonight. Thanks.

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men 5 years 7 months ago #22441

• DarkSynopsis
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
600WPMPO wrote:
DarkSynopsis wrote:
There a Avengers and X-Men Series that are easy enough to jump into at the moment?
I didn't understand the query.. you want to know a jumping-on point for DC?:unsure:

Not for DC, Is there a current jumping on point for a X-Men Comic and same for Avengers? Like New Avengers if that worth reading from issue #1 and X-Men Volume 4 is its current run?

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men 5 years 7 months ago #22444

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
DarkSynopsis wrote:
Not for DC, Is there a current jumping on point for a X-Men Comic and same for Avengers? Like New Avengers if that worth reading from issue #1 and X-Men Volume 4 is its current run?
As long as you can get your hands on the back issues without too much cost, I would tend to suggest going back 2 to 3 years as a starting point so that way you get what's currently going on, plus any long term plots that may just begin coming to climax. So with the latest volume of Avengers (2010) hitting issue #25 I would most definitively start around issue #1. With X-Men, you can also start with the latest volume X-Men (2010) at issue #1. Of course both groups have other related titles like Avengers Academy, Avengers: The Initiative, New Avengers, Astonishing X-Men, Uncanny X-Men & X-Men Legacy that were going on around the same time when both of the main titles started their latest #1 run, so you could follow those books as well to get a bigger picture of what's been going on with both super hero groups.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men 5 years 7 months ago #22476

• DarkSynopsis
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks for the info I will see if I can get the first couple of issues of Avengers (2010) and X-Men (2010) and see if I enjoy them enough to want to get caught up!

How are some of the other Avenger and X-Men titles?

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men 5 years 7 months ago #22545

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I'll take this opportunity to say the same thing I say every time this comes up, since it is still true: Avengers Academy is the best book from a major publisher on the market right now.

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men 5 years 7 months ago #22552

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Shinrai wrote:
I'll take this opportunity to say the same thing I say every time this comes up, since it is still true: Avengers Academy is the best book from a major publisher on the market right now.

Really? I will have to check it out, I hadn't even bothered in checking it out, I don't even know who are the authors! Will look at it!
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Who's Online

We have 318 guests and 4 members online