Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: Secret Invasion [Event]

Secret Invasion [Event] 5 years 7 months ago #22506

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
I meant to get this posted some time ago, yet better late than never, right? :blink:

Here it is...the ultimate list for Secret Invasion event saga from Marvel Comics. The Secret Invasion crossover main eight issue limited series was originally published from April through December 2008. The main creative force behind the event was writer Brian Michael Bendis. Thoughout the main series and the many lead-in/tie-in issues Bendis had assitance from many great writers and artist such as Jim Cheung, Leinil Francis Yu, Dan Slott, Salvador Larroca, Ed McGuinness, Greg Horn, Adriana Melo, John Romita Jr., Stefano Caselli, Harvey Tolibao, Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Clint Langley & Clayton Crain.

After the Kree-Skrull War a group of Earth's superheroes band together as a group called the Illuminati to secretly confront the Skrulls. [url=http:http://www.comicvine.com/new-avengers-illuminati-/37-106129/]They attack the Skrull Empire, and warn that any further invasion attempts of Earth would mean further reprisals[/url]. An eventual successor to the Skrull throne, Princess Veranke, claims that a prophecy foretold the annihilation of the Skrull homeworld. The current Emperor, Dorrek, exiles her to a prison world for inciting religious extremism. After the destruction of the Skrull Throneworld by the cosmic entity Galactus, Veranke becomes Empress by lineage. This destruction by Galactus followed years later by the destruction of the Skrull Empire in the Annihilation storyline motivates Veranke to guide an invasion of Earth, armed with the knowledge of superhumans gained from having studied the Illuminati.

Attachment Secret Invasion_ History Backstory_2012-05-19.cbl not found

This first list includes the important back story issues which serve as a prequel to Secret Invasion. It contains:
  • Fantastic Four Vol 1961 #2 - introduction of the Skrulls
  • Fantastic Four Vol 1961 #18 - introduction of the Super-Skrull
  • The Kree-Skrull War - storyline from The Avengers Vol 1963 where Earth is first involved in the Skrulls war with the Kree
  • Fantastic Four Vol 1961 #257 - Galactus devours the Skrull Throneworld
  • The New Avengers Vol 2005 #1 thru 6 - Breakout storyline that sets the initial stage of the Secret Invasion
  • The New Avengers: Illuminati Vol 2006 #1 - introduction of the Illuminati
  • Annihilation - crossover storyline from Annihilation Vol 2006 where the invasion of Annihilus' Annihilation Wave causes the destruction of the Skrull Empire

Attachment Secret Invasion Event_2012-05-19.cbl not found

This second list includes the main Secret Invasion story as well as all direct lead-in/tie-in issues. It starts with lead-in issue New Avengers: Illuminati Vol 2007 #1 and ends with tie-in issue Secret Invasion: Dark Reign Vol 2009 #1 making this crossover event last 2 years long.

Reading the first list isn't required to understand Secret Invasion. However, it is a great prequel compilation for a full scope showing what lead the Skrulls to become so desperate and vengefully violent after years of decimation to their species.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by oraclexview.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Spaceman, Faba

Re: Secret Invasion [Event] 5 years 7 months ago #22512

• Faba
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hy,

I tried using your reading list but I get the message that I'm missing alot of issues. The wierd thing is that the have strange names like if the haven't been scrapted.

For Example:
'Ms'
'21951 New Avengers #34'
'Ms' shows up like five times or so.

I know how much work goes into those reading list and I'm really appreciate it. Just wanted to let you know so you could improve them if there is a mistake with it :)

thx

Faba

Re: Secret Invasion [Event] 5 years 7 months ago #22513

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
Faba wrote:
Hy,

I tried using your reading list but I get the message that I'm missing alot of issues. The wierd thing is that the have strange names like if the haven't been scrapted.

For Example:
'Ms'
'21951 New Avengers #34'
'Ms' shows up like five times or so.

I know how much work goes into those reading list and I'm really appreciate it. Just wanted to let you know so you could improve them if there is a mistake with it :)
Thanks for letting me know. I tested loading the CBL files into a different computer with CRW installed and I believe the problem is that I created the CBL files based on CBR books being in the list. I think if I convert those files in the list to CBZ files first, then export them and post them here, they should show all the proper metadata. for each book in the list once you import it. I'll do this and hopefully repost the CBL files later on today.

Re: Secret Invasion [Event] 5 years 7 months ago #22524

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
I've updated both CBL files to adhere to a format that ComicRack seems to prefer better so that the data fields will populate more accurately. After spending much time on this :S , I REALLY REALLY would like cYo to add a cbl export feature that also contains at the very least the metadata info. B)

Re: Secret Invasion [Event] 5 years 6 months ago #22563

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
I updated the Secret Invasion list to include a few more issues that I thought were informative tie-ins. The additional issues are:
  • Secret Invasion Saga Vol 2008 #1
  • Secret Invasion: War Of Kings Vol 2009 #1
  • Marvel Spotlight: Secret Invasion Aftermath Vol 2009 #1
  • Secret Invasion: Requiem Vol 2009 #1

Also, it's been some time since I've read the whole crossover so I've got the books in as best a order as I remember. I'll be re-reading them soon when time permits and make changes to the reading order if it makes more sense. Also, feel more than free to add your prospective on the proper ordering if you think it would read better in a different way.

Re: Secret Invasion [Event] 5 years 6 months ago #22573

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Great job by oraclexview! :-)

+1 karma follows..

p.s. @oraclexview: please check your PM inbox
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Who's Online

We have 281 guests and 4 members online