Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: The Titans

The Titans 5 years 6 months ago #22681

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
DC Comics' books that follow the adventures of the young superhero group, the Titans, have contained some of the best stories in comics over the years. One particular story arc that stands out the most to me is Trigon. This story arc, in my opinion, is the most important in Titans history because it introduced us to so many important characters for the first time and was the beginning of establishing books based on the Titans amongst DC Comics best selling titles. This story arc takes place mostly within the pages of The New Teen Titans. It introduced us to a new, and the most well known, incarnation of the team. This story arc intrioduced us to major DC Comics Universe characters such as Raven, Cyborg, Starfire, Ravager, Deathstroke, Trigon, and the H.I.V.E.

After the Titans had been disbanded for some time, Raven appears and attempts to gather together a new group of Titans. She convinces Robin to form a new team, and they recruit Wonder Girl, Changeling, and Cyborg. Eventually Kid Flash joins as well through the maipulations of Raven. The alien princess Starfire quickly gets added to the roster as well. Through the plots of the H.I.V.E., the team battles the Ravager and Deathstroke. They also battle Doctor Light and his Fearsome Five which leads them to face off against Trigon, the main reason behind the team forming in the first place.

This story arc was done by the great creators Marv Wolfman & George Pérez, the same team that five to six years later brought us the classic story arc Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Attachment Trigon Story Arc_2012-05-19.cbl not found

This list contains the following books:
  • DC Comics Presents Vol 1978 #26 - introduction of Cyborg, Raven & Starfire
  • The New Teen Titans Vol 1 #1 - Raven forms New Teen Titans
  • The New Teen Titans Vol 1 #2 - introduction of Ravager, the H.I.V.E. & Deathstroke the Terminator
  • The New Teen Titans Vol 1 #3 - team battles the Fearsome Five
  • The New Teen Titans Vol 1 #4 - JLA appears and revelations are made regarding the formation of the team
  • The New Teen Titans Vol 1 #5 - introduction of Trigon
  • The New Teen Titans Vol 1 #6 - the Titans battle Trigon, the reason the team was formed

The New Teen Titans was a title created to compete with and capitalize off the successes of the Uncanny X-Men series over at Marvel Comics. Similarities between both titles is they follow the adventures of young heroes, and new blood was infused into the franchise by reinventing and revitalizing the team. This series also got me to become interested in characters I used to think were stupid young knockoffs like Robin, Kid Flash and Wonder Girl. These three characters, thanks to the New Teen Titans series, became a few of the best that DC has to offer.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by oraclexview.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Titans 5 years 6 months ago #22683

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Thanks...will surely try read them!

+1 karma for the dedication towards making reading lists for all of us lazy souls! :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

The Titans 5 years 6 months ago #22684

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
600WPMPO wrote:
Thanks...will surely try read them!
You mos def should check these books out when you can. They established the template for what the Titans are today. So many great relationships and events took place out of the books following the Titans that even with the New 52 reboot going on right now, I'm sure in this new universe a lot of former connections and associations will still be in place in one way or another. Plus, these books and the many stories that soon followed were the foundation for the Titans animated series in the past and the excellent current Young Justice animated series.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: The Titans 5 years 5 months ago #23379

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
You know, I just realized that I think The New Teen Titans Vol 1980 was the only DC Comics title that I truly enjoy pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths. Even to this very day it's still a great nostalgia read and George Pérez's artwork is just timeless. Very few artist had the amazing details that he had at that time. Thanks to Marv Wolfman this title felt like it had a solid foundation when it came to continuity. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, even after the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths this book didn't change much. If it ain't broke don't fix it, right? :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: The Titans 5 years 5 months ago #23512

• Bob
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for the reading list. I remember vividly buying New Teen Titans #1, and reading it while eating a cheeseburger at a place long gone now. I just looked up to see what year that would have to be and was I really 7? Wow, I'm old :(

So this works by opening in CR, and only if the files on my side are in Vine format?

Re: The Titans 5 years 5 months ago #23516

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
Bob wrote:
Thanks for the reading list. I remember vividly buying New Teen Titans #1, and reading it while eating a cheeseburger at a place long gone now. I just looked up to see what year that would have to be and was I really 7? Wow, I'm old :(

So this works by opening in CR, and only if the files on my side are in Vine format?
Bob, you're only as old as you feel my friend! Unless you become President of a country or something like that...those peeps grow old super fast! lol

Yes, just click on the file and it'll open right up in ComicRack. It doesn't have to be in the ComicVine format, though you can't go wrong if you do. It just has to match up with the title (series) name, the issue number, and I believe the year the issue was released. If I'm not mistaken, it checks those fields in that order. If ComicRack can't find a match for the books in the list within your library then it asks you if you want to add a "fileless" book to your library for each book it can't find.

Re: The Titans 5 years 5 months ago #23606

• Bob
  • Expert Boarder
Worked fine, thanks!

Young Justice Re: The Titans 5 years 4 months ago #24373

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
Since Young Justice is a more modern Titans spin-off, I figured I'd pose this thought here. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the new Young Justice animated television show is THE BEST show that Warner Bros.' DC animated division has ever put together? I used to think it was the original Batman: The Animated Series, but now, I think Young Justice is giving it a run for it's money...especially since it introduces new characters intelligently and handles the interaction between the young heroes and olde heroes quite superbly. And the the 5-year flash forward of the second season adds a great new layer of mystery and intrigue usually missing from an animated television show. I wonder if the comic book is written just as well as the show.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by oraclexview.
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds

Who's Online

We have 244 guests and 3 members online