Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: Posting Universal Reading Lists

Posting Universal Reading Lists 5 years 6 months ago #22737

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Everyone, if you notice a reading list that isn't linking to existing books properly or placing fileless books into your ComicRack library properly, please let me know by posting which list you are referring to here and I'll take a closer look at it and create a list that will upload into everyone's library as best as possible.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Posting Universal Reading Lists 5 years 6 months ago #22783

• duckpuppy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The Annihilation reading list didn't match anything in my library until I removed all the <FileName> tags from the cbl file. After doing that, it worked perfectly.

I think there should be a guideline for exporting reading lists to not export the filenames in the list. That way CRW will match a little more universally, especially if most people are using the ComicVine scraper as the standard metadata source - I'm not sure if that's the case, but it's a good standard to adhere to if it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview

Re: Posting Universal Reading Lists 5 years 6 months ago #22820

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
duckpuppy wrote:
The Annihilation reading list didn't match anything in my library until I removed all the <FileName> tags from the cbl file. After doing that, it worked perfectly.
I noticed this as well recently so all my new list exports have been created with this feature turned off.
duckpuppy wrote:
I think there should be a guideline for exporting reading lists to not export the filenames in the list. That way CRW will match a little more universally, especially if most people are using the ComicVine scraper as the standard metadata source - I'm not sure if that's the case, but it's a good standard to adhere to if it is.
Not a bad idea in my opinion. I'm most definitely going to go through and update all my past posted lists to not include the file name information. As I index more list those will match this same guideline. Hopefully others will do likewise.

Re: Posting Universal Reading Lists 5 years 6 months ago #22954

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Spider-man: The Other wasn't working so I posted a list I made in that thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Posting Universal Reading Lists 5 years 6 months ago #23001

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
Ok everyone. I've finally set aside some time tonight to update all the reading lists that I personally posted so that they no longer include the file name within the CBL file. This hopefully fixes issues with the lists not properly linking to the correct books within your libraries. Sorry about that. Maybe all will be right with the world now. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThiagoCosta_O, Jay_B8

Re: Posting Universal Reading Lists 4 years 11 months ago #27607

• Rohanroms
  • Fresh Boarder
These readings lists will be compatible for everyone if you made them after you scraped the metadata details from ComicVine since it matches books by ID rather than mere filename which can prove to be very inaccurate.

Re: Posting Universal Reading Lists 3 years 10 months ago #37842

• kazekaine
  • Fresh Boarder
is there a list for countdown to infinite crisis with the tie in books included?
Time to create page: 0.435 seconds

Who's Online

We have 250 guests and 2 members online