Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: X-Men Events & Story Arcs

X-Men Events & Story Arcs 5 years 7 months ago #22955

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Here's a list of my X-Men reading lists from 2005-2011 it's pretty much all the cross overs from House of M up to Avx. I also threw in Civil War and Fear Itself just for the heck of it even though they're not X-Crossovers per se.

** Edit 01/17/2012 I added extra reading lists up AvX and some of my older ones from last century.
Most of the lists are in order roughly by published date, but some of the lists with lots mini series tie-in read better if you just read them one series at a time.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Madmatx.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview, SuperSci, Hagi, elg

X-Men Events & Story Arcs 5 years 6 months ago #22956

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
thanks for sharing these

X-Men Events & Story Arcs 5 years 6 months ago #23006

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
One of the best story arcs of all time took place within the pages of X-Men Volume 1...The Phoenix Saga. It was the story arc of the all new X-Men team from Giant Size X-Men #1 and this story arc, The Phoenix Saga, that really got the ball rolling and put the X-Men on the map in American pop-culture, and ultimately global pop-culture.

Here you have a well crafted story by Chris Claremont which pretty much kicked off his long string of mega successful X-Men story plots. It was a very well developed character driven story and the dialog was so good that in my opinion it still stands up to great stories and dialogs written today without looking overtly cheesy. That alone is a testament to his writing skills. Plus in additon to that, you also had the wonderful artwork of Dave Cockrum and super hot new comer John Byrne who has gone on to leave a major influence on both Marvel and DC main characters including X-Men, Fantastic Four, The Hulk, Superman, and Batman to name a few.

Attachment The Phoenix Saga Event.cbl not found

Here is the reading list for the event.

The Phoenix Saga is the first of two parts of the "Dark Phoenix Saga". It focuses on Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force. This first part is mostly about Jean's assumption of power and the repair of the M'Kraan Crystal.

In addition to the main X-Men volume 1 books, I've included the two X-Men: The Hidden Years books where prequel tales were written to chronicle what the original X-Men team was up to during the days that title had gone into publishing only reprints due to poor sales..these prequel books have the Phoenix Force making a brief foreshadowing appearance which chronologically took place well before the events of X-Men #101.
I've also included the Classic X-Men books which not only reprint this classic saga, but also featured continuity implanted new material written by Chris Claremont which related to the main plot of that particular reprinted issue.
Lastly I added the Marvel Tales reprint issue which has a small backup story with an early Phoenix appearance as well as an issue of Iron Fist that also contained an early appearance of Phoenix.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by oraclexview.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JaceSimian2099

Re: X-Men Events & Story Arcs 4 years 10 months ago #28976

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
A few got cut off so here's the rest:

They should all be in chronological order from the first post through this one except "The Phoenix Saga" in this post should be at the very beginning of the first one.

Re: X-Men Events & Story Arcs 4 years 10 months ago #29416

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
Here's an update for couple of small changes:

File Attachment:

File Name: Rise and F...2-03.cbl
File Size:5 KB

replaces the list titled "Uncanny X-men after Decimation"
**EDIT 02/02/2013 also added the Uncanny X-Men annual #1 to go with the Storm mini series.

and

File Attachment:

File Name: Endangered...1-31.cbl
File Size:3 KB

replaces the previous list "Endangered Species (2007)"
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Who's Online

We have 215 guests and one member online