Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: The Complete Batman Reading Lists Project

The Complete Batman Reading Lists Project 5 years 5 months ago #23304

I decided to Start a Reading list for the entire Batman Chronology (Well the Post Crisis Batman). I know it is kinda Crazy :woohoo: but I decided I want to do it nonetheless, especially since I plan on reading it anyways so I do need those lists.
I am going with The list by Batmite76 (I don't have the Link handy right now) but I am using the following link as well:
www.tradereadingorder.com/character/batman/

So far I have created lists for 80 Comics, covering the first two pages of Batmite76. The Rest will follow when I get around to it. If you want to join in into the Task your welcome to join the effort. Just make sure we coordinate so we don't do doubles :laugh: .

Please Post if you see any errors in my lists, so I can correct them.

And now without further ado, the First Storylines in chronological reading order.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by TheaArcaneTrickster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview, shpanky, Gemris

Re: The Complete Batman Reading Lists Project 5 years 5 months ago #23305

And the rest of the first batch. I thin I should add these to a Wiki page or something :)
In Chronological Order:
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by TheaArcaneTrickster. Reason: Still getting to Grips how to layout these ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview, shpanky, Gemris

Re: The Complete Batman Reading Lists Project 5 years 5 months ago #23306

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
This brings me back to about 2 years back when I made this post: :)
600WPMPO wrote:
kenjio wrote:
So, I've finally decided to jump into the world of the Dark Knight's comics... and, frankly, I have NO IDEA where to start..
You, my dear kenjio, need this:
http://rapidshare.com/files/133075880/Batman_stories_in_chronological_reading_order.pdf
This is a list of Batman stories in chronological reading order v5.4 (Last updated: June 29, 2007) compiled by a noble soul only known as "Batmite76"

Also available here:
http://www.multiupload.com/E04ETIAWI7

p.s. Good to see such old links still alive...!
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheaArcaneTrickster

Re: The Complete Batman Reading Lists Project 5 years 5 months ago #23307

I think I got this list from that link :D

Re: The Complete Batman Reading Lists Project 5 years 4 months ago #23727

• Soluzar
  • Junior Boarder
I made some attempts to do similar myself. I'm only really pleased with the way the latter 'Bat years' turned out though. The stories representing the early part of his career are a mess of conflicting retcons and multiple retellings of the same events. Even after CoIE the artists couldn't seem to agree on such details as (for example) Jason Todd's age and appearance. Didn't take long before it all started to fit together quite tightly though.

Re: The Complete Batman Reading Lists Project 5 years 4 months ago #23731

I noticed that as well, but I thought I might make the reading list nonetheless, I am kinda brushing up at 2 places at once. I am reading the new 52 stuff and following up the old comics. Those I don't like or I deem conflicting to other things I read I just skip ;) but since I made the lists I can share them as well :D

I hope to make another batch later this week btw.

Re: The Complete Batman Reading Lists Project 3 years 10 months ago #37931

• Gemris
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Wow, I'm so impressed by the work put into this. I'm a newbie and trying to sort through my hundreds of recently purchased Batman-related comics. I've started to figure out how to make reading lists (adding one issue at a time), but I was curious if your Post-Crisis Batman reading lists ever got finished? Sorry if I'm not supposed to be replying to an old thread, but I had to ask. Any suggestions? I'm not sure if the rapidshare files were actual full cbl lists or just text lists to work off of, but the links are obsolete.

Thanks!!
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Gemris.

The Complete Batman Reading Lists Project 3 years 9 months ago #38205

• Barbiche0
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello Gemris,

Maybe my reply will be a bit too late, but I would definitely recommend The Real Batman Chronology Project (just Google it) if you're beginning Batman, as it provides the more complete reading order for Batman, including thousands of comics issues.

I started reading Batman with Batmite's list but quickly realized that it includes several inconsistencies in the chronology of events. Then I found TRBCP's website, fully documented, and I'm following this reading order since then (more than a year now), allowing me to read every Batman appearances in a chronological order. The site even includes quick lists. It's wonder !

I can't provide you with CR lists for it though as I started to use them too recently, following the release of CRIOS. But I would be glad to share my lists when they will be completed (starting from Year Fourteen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: abellnz
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Who's Online

We have 292 guests and 7 members online