Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: Major Marvel Event Chronology

Major Marvel Event Chronology 5 years 3 months ago #24038

• LoserMLW
  • Fresh Boarder
Long time user, but had to actually re-create my old profile to post again - it's been a while. :)

I'm going through the process of creating reading lists based on the Major Marvel Event Chronology pack that is floating out in the ether of the 'Nets. I've had to do a few small things to get the lists to categorize properly however:

1. Modify the Alternate Series/Storyline field for all comics involved in an event. (ex. Major Marvel Event #1 - Original Galactus Saga)
2. Modify the Alternate Series Number to fit the reading order of the event.
3. Add a Tag for Major Marvel Event

Now, with a Smart List looking for "Major Marvel Event", I have one reading list that is set up to categorize all of the events into stacks based on the Alternate Series. It also exports into Comic Rack for Android and can be sorted by Alternate Series as well, allowing me to read the events in order with little other effort.

So - two questions:

1. Would there be interest in making my list available? or does the customization of the issues involved make it moot?
2. Does anyone have a better way to create such a list that doesn't involve using the Alternate Series information?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Major Marvel Event Chronology 5 years 3 months ago #24039

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
LoserMLW wrote:
1. Would there be interest in making my list available? or does the customization of the issues involved make it moot?
Personally, I say sharing is caring, so post them if you'd like. That's just one less list others will have to worry about creating. If they don't like the list, all they have to do is adjust it to how they want it, or simply delete it from their library.LoserMLW wrote:
2. Does anyone have a better way to create such a list that doesn't involve using the Alternate Series information?
I create reading lists in different ways depending on the story arc or the theme of the list. In your case, it seems like you're already on the right track for making a smart list the way you want it. If you wanted to, you could just use the Tags field, though you may not get the books in the proper reading order that you prefer if you don't use the Alternate Series and Alternate Number fields.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Who's Online

We have 214 guests and 3 members online