Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Siege, OK, what next?

Siege, OK, what next? 4 years 10 months ago #27240

• Jols
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Guys,

I just finished reading the Siege Story Arc, and I was wondering what to read next...

Usually my favorite titles are/were: Avengers (most titles, except maybe Dark Avengers), Cap.America and Iron Man (should actually be on top of my list).

Of course I'd reed any title that is linked and necessary to understand main story arcs, so I guess what I'm looking for is a "reading list after siege"... I heard "Heroic Age" is not a real "Story Arc", but I guess it would be logical to read some HA titles...

The "only" problem would be that I buy my comics online (Marvel.com shop) since I live in Italy and don't have any comic book "retailer" that sells Marvel issues...(I know, it sucks...) and on marvel.com titles are a bit confusingly stored...

I would therefore not know what to read next... so, anyone has a list, a hint, anything? XD

Thank you very much, and sorry for my poor English,
Jols
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Siege, OK, what next? 4 years 10 months ago #27241

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
"Heroic Age" was just the branding for books coming out of Dark Reign/Siege, and really isn't a "storyline" per se, you're absolutely right. Mostly Avengers books were branded this way (most of the line had at least one issue with the trade dress but it really was meaningless).

Really I would just pick up with whatever books you're interested in. All the Avengers books started from #1, so it's a good place to jump on with them...and I'd especially recommend Avengers Academy since it's just so good and so many people overlook it. Also a very good jumping on point for Thunderbolts if you're interested in that (especially if you liked Dark Avengers, which apparently you didn't which is surprising to me because most people really really liked it).

I am sure there is a chronological reading list of some sort, but there's not really a line-wide crossover again until Fear Itself (which hits pretty much every single book in the line), so I wouldn't stress too much. Most of the books Marvel was putting out around this time were pretty good, honestly, so I think it's hard to go wrong.

Re: Siege, OK, what next? 4 years 10 months ago #27246

• Jols
  • Fresh Boarder
OK Shinrai,

thanks a lot!

I know that most people liked DarkAvengers, maybe I read them too much in a hurry to appreciate them...

Anyways I decided to start some Avengers readings (and I'll take your advice to look into the Av Academy).

Re: Siege, OK, what next? 4 years 10 months ago #27248

• Jols
  • Fresh Boarder
I just have a small follow-up question, namely:

If I understand the Marvel Universe correctly :silly: the next (main) story arc would be Fear Itself, right?

So up to what issues (Avengers, Avengers Accademy, Capt America, Iron Man) should I read without reaading "into" Fear Itself?

I ask this cause I usually like to read story arcs following a reading order that "mixes" all main titles, as to have a general view of the event rather than reading the event 3-4-5-6 times from different views...

Re: Siege, OK, what next? 4 years 10 months ago #27253

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
There's probably a good list kicking around somewhere, but all the Fear Itself tie-ins have VERY obvious trade dress. There were a ton of miniseries as well. Wikipedia actually has a comprehensive list.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Shinrai.

Re: Siege, OK, what next? 4 years 10 months ago #27254

• squeedps
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Try this reading order for Fear Itself.
www.squidoo.com/fear-itself

Just keep in mind that after the event was over many books ended and started in to a brand new #1. Starting from that point would work if you wanted to start reading Marvel titles. Also, during that time, Spider-Island was running. I think it was considered one of Marvel's best events. Spider-Island actually happens after Fear Itself so I'd suggest reading them in that order. Spider-Island wasn't a major arc but it was one that had a real impact in a few heroes as well as bringing back an old hero, Scarlet Spider (who gets an awesome series based in Houston, TX).
After that, it's Avengers vs. X-Men which just ended a month ago.

Re: Siege, OK, what next? 4 years 10 months ago #27257

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Both Fear itself & AVX were both rubbish. Still, if you wish to read them, I suggest at least leaving behind all the tie-ins. You can even jump on to the now ongoing Marvel NOW!, which, while supposed to be a fresh start for new readers, is still more rubbish.

p.s. The new Thor book is good, by the way.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Siege, OK, what next? 4 years 10 months ago #27262

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
I beg to differ, I loved Fear Itself. (AvX was hit or miss.) Most of the NOW! books are really good, too, 600's just crazy. :)

Re: Siege, OK, what next? 4 years 10 months ago #27266

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Shinrai wrote:
...600's just crazy. :)
this I agree with..! :laugh:
Shinrai wrote:
I beg to differ, I loved Fear Itself. (AvX was hit or miss.) Most of the NOW! books are really good, too...
Fear Itself began good & then lost its way during the second half. It is a good read though, on second thoughts I agree partially with Shinrai.

AvX was the worst event I had to read through (even worse than Flashpoint). Meaningless infighting among supes, no story (N-O S-T-O-R-Y) and poor art. Need more?

Marvel NOW is another abomination.
  • Captain america is in Dimension Z (meaningless elseworlds story that we have read many times, even in Brubaker's run last year).
  • Deadpool is fighting zombie presidents. That's all they could've imagined? what with Lincoln fighting vampires & zombies these days.
  • Bruce Banner has accepted the Hulk & will now use him for SHIELD. Right.(Yawn..... Puny Banner, just die already!)
  • FF #1 has 80's style cartoonish art that I refuse to read.
  • Aaron's Thor is really good, especially after Matt Fraction's boring run.
  • Uncanny Avengers has potential.
  • All New X-Men & Iron Man is just average.
So, that's my analysis.
*runs & hides* :P
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Siege, OK, what next? 4 years 10 months ago #27279

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm sorry, you just said you don't like Mike Allred's art, thereby invalidating your entire post. I will read anything the man puts his name on - the first issue of FF was awesome. (So was Fantastic Four, fwiw).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds

Who's Online

We have 238 guests and 3 members online