Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: My Ongoing Marathon Read of ALL of the Amazing Spiderman

My Ongoing Marathon Read of ALL of the Amazing Spiderman 3 years 8 months ago #38452

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Well guys,
I just hit issue 315 at the weekend, Spideys been married for a few months, its 1989 and Im really enjoying the ride, although I think Todd Mcfarlane sucks at drawing Spiderman! He's great at drawing sexy girls like MJ in her modelling poses, but it all looks a bit amateurish compared to the Romita's.
Im almost halfway though, I dont know what Im gonna do when I've finished ASM! I promised myself when I got a tablet, I would read all the issues I missed from #121 onwards when Gwen Stacey got killed and they stopped inporting ASM into the UK for many years, (and I discovered girls, booze and motorcycles!)
Has anyone else read such a wide time-span of a comic as this? what is it, about 30 years?
Maybe I'll do all the Batmans next!

Steve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My Ongoing Marathon Read of ALL of the Amazing Spiderman 3 years 8 months ago #38455

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I'm pretty sure that by now your hands must have developed web slingers! :laugh:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

My Ongoing Marathon Read of ALL of the Amazing Spiderman 3 years 8 months ago #38456

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
Thwip! Thwip!

My Ongoing Marathon Read of ALL of the Amazing Spiderman 3 years 8 months ago #38457

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
My longest time-span was reading Spawn.
I originally read up to issue 20-something, and picked up last September. I read about 180 issues at a rate of 5-6 per (sleepless) night. I decided to give it a rest just before issue 200, and still have 50 issues to read.

I admire your commitment, and must admit I've thought about doing something similar myself, but decided it would be better for my sanity to just pick up with current events, and occasionally read a few trades and collections of the most important arcs.

So, kudos on your herculean task!!
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

My Ongoing Marathon Read of ALL of the Amazing Spiderman 3 years 8 months ago #38458

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
Spidey was always my first comicbook passion, I owe it to my childhood to complete this!!

My Ongoing Marathon Read of ALL of the Amazing Spiderman 3 years 8 months ago #38529

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
Really starting to dislike Mcfarlanes art now, good at drawing scantily clad girls, but Spidey, not so much. Just hit 1990, I wish they'd concentrate more on the relationship angle rather than the villain of the month (fortnight actually, it was bi-monthly then) Starting to get more mature sub-plots with the rich guy stalking MJ, interesting evolution.

23 years to go!
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Who's Online

We have 200 guests and 3 members online