Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: Fileless comic issue

Fileless comic issue 5 months 5 hours ago #49443

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi guys, not sure where to put this so I thought here would be appropriate, apologies if not.

I'm having a thing where I've loaded a reading list and definitely have all the comics but the list isn't picking them up. I have scraped them with comic vine scraper.
Is there a way to "point" the fileless entry to the right file?

for example, Secret wars II list - picks up all 51 books except for "digital avengers annual 14", "digital fantastic four annual 19" and "marvel Age annual 1". I definitely have them, have scraped them, and refreshed them but the list just doesn't believe it!!

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fileless comic issue 4 months 4 weeks ago #49444

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
ok so drag and drop works. still not sure why its not picking them up in the first place.

Fileless comic issue 4 months 2 weeks ago #49468

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
well it looks like I'm talking to myself, but just in case, I've identified the problem.
The title names under the details tab in info don't match. I have no idea why this would be because presumably both myself and the maker of the reading list both used comic vine scraper.

Example marvel Age annual 1 - my info tab has "marvel age" in the series box and "annual" in the format dropdown box.
In the reading order list for secret wars II the fileless entry for marvel age annual 1 has "Marvel Age Annual" in the series box.

Its the same with all the other fileless books I've come across. Very annoyingly, editing either the existing file's details, or the fileless files details will not match up the file with the empty entry. so having identified the problem I still can't fix it.

Fileless comic issue 4 months 2 weeks ago #49469

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
ghoti wrote:
Example marvel Age annual 1 - my info tab has "marvel age" in the series box and "annual" in the format dropdown box.
In the reading order list for secret wars II the fileless entry for marvel age annual 1 has "Marvel Age Annual" in the series box.

When I scrape annuals the name is Comic Annual - after I run dbmanager then the Annual part gets stripped from the series name and the dropdown box gets changed.

Also do you have that issue with all reading lists? Last time I tried them (a couple of years ago) I did not come across issues that I can recall.

Doesn't help but you are not fully talking alone

Fileless comic issue 4 months 2 weeks ago #49470

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 189
ghoti wrote:

This is completely off topic, yet how was Marvel Age, a Marvel office digest series, considered part of the Secret Wars II storyline. Lol

Fileless comic issue 4 months 2 weeks ago #49472

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
oraclexview wrote:
ghoti wrote:

This is completely off topic, yet how was Marvel Age, a Marvel office digest series, considered part of the Secret Wars II storyline. Lol

There's a little story in there about the Marvel Bullpen trying to arrange interviews with the beyonder and various heroes for the upcoming issue. Typical "breaking the fourth wall" stuff. I'm glad whoever built the list included it, I hadn't read it since Marvel Age was origianlly published. (Yes I was that sad i bought marvel age when it came out!)

Fileless comic issue 4 months 2 weeks ago #49473

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
rmagere wrote:
ghoti wrote:

When I scrape annuals the name is Comic Annual - after I run dbmanager then the Annual part gets stripped from the series name and the dropdown box gets changed.

Also do you have that issue with all reading lists? Last time I tried them (a couple of years ago) I did not come across issues that I can recall.

Doesn't help but you are not fully talking alone
Yes its with every list I've tried so far that contains annuals or specials, I can't remember the actual issues right now. (i only used the marvel age example because it was quicker to type)

So it looks like whoever built the list hadn't run their collection through datamanager then?
It is annoying that comic rack doesn't have the facility to match the fileless books up when the details are edited, i've been dragging and dropping from the library to the list, then drragging to the correct position within the list, deleting the fileless and then saving the "new" list. Doing that is ok for a couple of books, but I've found a chronological order list that has literally hundreds of file in! :woohoo:

Fileless comic issue 4 months 2 weeks ago #49474

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
PS thanks for making me not feel lonely! :laugh:

Fileless comic issue 4 months 2 weeks ago #49475

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
ghoti wrote:
So it looks like whoever built the list hadn't run their collection through datamanager then?
Which is the right call as any datamanager modification is personal.
ghoti wrote:
It is annoying that comic rack doesn't have the facility to match the fileless books up when the details are edited, i've been dragging and dropping from the library to the list, then drragging to the correct position within the list, deleting the fileless and then saving the "new" list. Doing that is ok for a couple of books, but I've found a chronological order list that has literally hundreds of file in! :woohoo:
I thought the lists would be able to work from maybe the CVDB issue / series number (if they had been included)

I think your better choice (if feasible) is to just rescrape your annuals/specials without running datamanger - have them match the reading list and then run datamanager only once they have been matched.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ghoti

Fileless comic issue 4 months 2 weeks ago #49476

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks, yes that makes sense, I hadn't thought that datamanager adds personalised stuff, but of course it does.

TBH the only reason I used it at all was because I had a minor disaster of my own making when I first started. I put all my comics in one folder as recommended without checking the file names and volumes numbers, so with all the new numbering protocols of recent years everything was a hot mess. So i used dataman to get everything grouped into one place and in the correct series. Its taken about 6 months to scan all my marvel, and now its all sorted, I've been into the folders and sorted it again (I don't like how datamanger gives every one shot book a folder for example). Now for DC :ohmy:

As far as I've checked, the CVDB issue / series number are missing from the lists, so the only thing there to match is the title and year.

I think I'll try the rescrape you suggest, and hope its only annuals that are affected. I have them all in a separate folder at least., as marvel loves to mix it up with "King-sized", "giant sized", or even just "*title* '97" etc.

Thanks for your insight.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Who's Online

We have 206 guests and one member online