Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: Blackest Night cbl

Re:Blackest Night cbl 7 years 7 months ago #5940

600WPMPO wrote:
perezmu wrote:
I was wondering if the Comicvine Id number could be helpful here?
I vote for that perezmu, that's a great idea!! :woohoo:

I believe that the Comicvine Id number is unique for each comic, and if the cbl lists could be based solely on this ID, there is no possibility of any discrepancy.

This would also help out another issue that has got me worried. Its my opinion that cbl should, as a rule, not contain filenames. We have enough metadata on our hands to feed a cbl for proper listing. Enlisting a filename commits a person to possessing a particular file. Though most of you disagree, there are a lot of users who keep the filename in the scanners' format. In that scenario, opening a cbl with notepad can easily reveal a particular scanner tag, and posting the list here then does land us on the edgy side of things.

I think this is a great idea as well, and would be best supported (and easiest for cYo to code) with an External ID metadata field. It should be a string field and eventually we can get Cory to store "CVDB######" there.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Blackest Night cbl 7 years 7 months ago #5941

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
ComicVine has its own Story-Arcs section (see www.comicvine.com/house-of-m/39-40991/ for example), which I thought I could use in a script and download and convert to CR lists, but they are not well organized, do not include reading order but a checklist, and they are not linked to individual comics via their IDs!!!!!

Re:Blackest Night cbl 7 years 7 months ago #5944

• CyRog
  • Junior Boarder
I like this idea. I've been working on putting together a reading list for the 90's Avengers crossover Operation: Galactic Storm and it would be cool to share it with others when it's complete.

cYo wrote:
...the next version...

Any timeframe for the next version? I'm always salivating for new updates. :)
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by CyRog.

Re:Blackest Night cbl 7 years 7 months ago #5949

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
DouglasBubbletrousers wrote:
600WPMPO wrote:
perezmu wrote:
I was wondering if the Comicvine Id number could be helpful here?
I vote for that perezmu, that's a great idea!! :woohoo:

I believe that the Comicvine Id number is unique for each comic, and if the cbl lists could be based solely on this ID, there is no possibility of any discrepancy.

This would also help out another issue that has got me worried. Its my opinion that cbl should, as a rule, not contain filenames. We have enough metadata on our hands to feed a cbl for proper listing. Enlisting a filename commits a person to possessing a particular file. Though most of you disagree, there are a lot of users who keep the filename in the scanners' format. In that scenario, opening a cbl with notepad can easily reveal a particular scanner tag, and posting the list here then does land us on the edgy side of things.

I think this is a great idea as well, and would be best supported (and easiest for cYo to code) with an External ID metadata field. It should be a string field and eventually we can get Cory to store "CVDB######" there.

Thanks for continuing the thought, DouglasBubbletrousers ! I'm still waiting for cYo's opinion to know what we are thinking is possible..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re:Blackest Night cbl 7 years 7 months ago #5957

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Next version will be available this weekend. Get ready for something big :)

No, I will not hardwire ComicRack to an external id. I may consider adding a user (and therefore script) editable list of global identifiers.

Re:Blackest Night cbl 7 years 7 months ago #5958

cYo wrote:
Next version will be available this weekend. Get ready for something big :)

No, I will not hardwire ComicRack to an external id. I may consider adding a user (and therefore script) editable list of global identifiers.

Can you elaborate on that?

Also, I know you recently posted that there were plans to create a proprietary database to store metadata, but I couldn't quite piece out (or can't quite remember as I type this :blush: ) if this got scuttled or it's still in the long-term plans. If it's the latter, that would certainly make unique identification of issues possible.

Re:Blackest Night cbl 7 years 7 months ago #6101

Okay, here's the .117 version. See if this works for you guys

File Attachment:

File Name: Blackest_N...ke_3.zip
File Size:3 KB

Re:Blackest Night cbl 7 years 7 months ago #6112

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
No DouglasBubbletrousers .. here is our little friendy error dialog box popping his head again:

I feel it has to do something with the "format" field.

I have attached my version (chronology may differ from yours).. please try it and let me know if this works..

File Attachment:

File Name: Blackest_N...logy.zip
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re:Blackest Night cbl 7 years 7 months ago #6113

600WPMPO wrote:
No DouglasBubbletrousers .. here is our little friendy error dialog box popping his head again:

I feel it has to do something with the "format" field.

I have attached my version (chronology may differ from yours).. please try it and let me know if this works..

File Attachment:

File Name: Blackest_N...logy.zip

I have the same problem (though I found a lot of matches, just not all of them), except I think in this case it's due to our volumes differing, which is why I suggested to cYo we forego volumes and format altogether and use year only as series number and year should be consistent 99% of the time. Seems like it should try to match on different combinations if it can't find an exact match.

Re:Blackest Night cbl 7 years 6 months ago #6491

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
What's the state of importing lists now.
Did the latest changes help?
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Who's Online

We have 194 guests and one member online