Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: Blackest Night cbl

Re:Blackest Night cbl 7 years 8 months ago #6493

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
cYo wrote:
What's the state of importing lists now.
Did the latest changes help?
It's better but not 100% for me. I am getting some comics but not these as a result of how I name the series. I take the volume number out of the actual series name. eg Titans V2008 #15 (2009)

Note: I don't actually have Suicide Squad #67 or that one would have worked.

I have a feeling that this will be something where you'll never be able to please everybody though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Blackest Night cbl 7 years 8 months ago #6827

• wwwescape
  • Junior Boarder
I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but since Blackest Night has concluded, here is my complete Blackest Night reading list / reading order with all the important tie-ins and one-shots.

I've used simple issue names and numbering, no volumes, no year etc...

For eg:

Green Lantern #43
Blackest Night #0

and so on...

Let me know what you think.

File Attachment:

File Name: Blackest_N...0407.zip
File Size:3 KB
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by wwwescape.

[cbl] Blackest Night final chronology 7 years 7 months ago #7097

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Blackest night is over.. here is the final chronology, and the reading list based on it is attached at the end.
    Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #1
    Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #2
    Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #3
    Titans #15- Tempest returns. BN: Prelude
    Green Lantern #43- Prologue
    Blackest Night #0
    Blackest Night #1- Power Levels 0.01% to 0.02%
    Green Lantern Corps #39- Kyle & Guy mention attending Tribute Day from BN #1, but also features the events leading to their report toward the end of BN #1. Issue happens side-by-side with BN #1.
    Green Lantern #44- Power Levels 0.75% to 1.20%
    Blackest Night #2- Power Levels 2.63% to 3.43%
    Starman #81- Doesn't appear to matter where to put it, but it seems pre-Nekron rise and very early by the behavior of the security guards.
    The Power of Shazam #48- Appears to take place early on in the Blackest Night. Exact place not able to ascertain.
    Blackest Night: Batman #1- No power levels but the Bat Symbol is destroyed so Hal already crashed into it.
    Blackest Night: Superman #1- Power Levels 3.44% to 3.82%
    Blackest Night: Titans #1- No power level's but Hawk is out of his grave so this goes after BN #2
    Green Lantern #45- Power Levels 45.43%
    Green Lantern Corps #40- Power Levels 45.96% to 46.31%
    Blackest Night: Batman #2- Power Levels 46.65% to 47.01%
    The Question #37- Put before BN #3 because when Jason touches Ronnie in BN #3, he sees Vic Sage's grave empty already.
    Blackest Night #3- Power Levels 50.32% to 56.59%
    Adventure Comics #4- Events happen simultaneous to Alex Luthor rising in BN #3.
    Adventure Comics #5- The previous's issue's story is wrapped up very shortly afterward.
    Justice League of America #38- Dr. Light I is seen as a Black Lantern. This happened at the end of BN #3.
    Blackest Night: Superman #2- No power levels but Psycho Pirate is there so it's after BN #3.
    Suicide Squad #67- Power Level's 57.01%
    Blackest Night: Titans #2- Power Level's 57.03%
    Green Lantern #46- Power Level's 75.25%
    Blackest Night: Batman #3- No power levels but just seems to fit here.
    The Phantom Stranger #42- Takes place not long after the Spectre Rising in BN #2. Has to take place after BN: Batman #3 as well, factoring in Deadman's involvement.
    Catwoman #83- The blackout in Gotham is mentioned. Seems to be pre-Nekron rise as well.
    Green Lantern Corps #41- Power Level's 85.26%
    Blackest Night: Superman #3- Power Levels 93.01%
    Blackest Night: Titans #3- No power levels but just seems to fit here.
    Outsiders #23- Black Lantern Terra appears at the end of it. Given the next issue is post-BN: Titans #3, it makes sense here.
    Outsiders #24- The events of BN: Titans #3 are recalled but it seems to be pre-Nekron rise.
    Outsiders #25- The rest of the fight from the previous issue.
    Justice League of America #39- Difficult to place but seems to be pre-Nekron rise.
    Justice League of America #40- The previous issue's fight is concluded.
    Teen Titans #77- Most signs point to it being post BN: Titans #3 but pre-Nekron rise.
    Teen Titans #78- Concludes previous issue's events right afterward.
    Weird Western Tales #71- Doesn't appear to matter where to put it, but it seems pre-Nekron rise.
    Solomon Grundy #7- Solomon Grundy is resurrected with a Black Ring. Though is a BN: Prelude, it makes sense to put after BN: Batman as Etrigan has been involved in S/B #66 & S/B #67 which seem to form one story arc.
    Superman/Batman #66- Blackout may be a BN: Batman reference, plus this is definitely a post Outsiders #23 Man-Bat appearance.
    Superman/Batman #67- Picks up right where #66 left off.
    Green Lantern #47- No Power Levels but just seems to fit here.
    Blackest Night #4- 100%. Nekron Rises.
    Blackest Night: Flash #1- The ending of the issue coincides with the closing events of BN #4.
    Secret Six #17- Continuing from Suicide Squad #67, but we see mention of Barry's message from BN #4 at the end.
    Secret Six #18- Picks up immediately from SS #17.
    Doom Patrol #4- We see Barry's message from BN #4.
    Doom Patrol #5- The previous's issue's story is wrapped up very shortly afterward.
    Booster Gold #26- We see Rip Hunter talking about Barry's message from BN #4.
    Booster Gold #27- The previous's issue's story is wrapped up very shortly afterward.
    R.E.B.E.L.S. #10- We see Vril Dox mentioning receiving Barry's message from BN #4.
    R.E.B.E.L.S. #11- The previous's issue's story is wrapped up very shortly afterward.
    Blackest Night: JSA #1- Appears to be shortly after Damage's death in BN #4.
    Blackest Night: JSA #2- Takes place shortly thereafter. No reason to displace.
    Blackest Night: JSA #3- Picks up immediately after #2.
    Green Lantern Corps #42- Power Levels 100%, and "100% Power Level Exceeded."
    Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #1- Leads directly into the events of BN #5.
    Green Lantern #48- Leads directly into the events of BN #5.
    Blackest Night #5- "Die!"
    Green Lantern Corps #43- Doesn't appear to matter whether it is pre-"Die!" or post-"Die!" at the moment.
    Green Lantern #49- John Stewart brings Xanshi to Earth... which we see followed-up on in BN #6.
    Blackest Night #6- Temporary new Lanterns are selected for each Corps.
    Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #2- Simultaneous to BN #6's conclusion.
    Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #3- Takes place in-between pages at the end of BN #6.
    Blackest Night: Flash #2- Picks up virtually immediately after BN #6.
    Green Arrow #30- Seems to be immediately after BN #6 but before Adventure Comics #7.
    Green Lantern Corps #44- No marker to indicate placement, but seems to be concurrent with BN #6/after.
    Blackest Night: Flash #3- At the end everyone races toward the Spectre.
    Green Lantern #50- Parallax Rebirth. The Spectre is fought.
    The Atom and Hawkman #46- We see the other Corps' fighting the Spectre as seen in GL #50.
    Adventure Comics #7- BL Superboy is freed. Likely before GL #51 since BL Superboy is not seen on the ending splash.
    Green Lantern #51- The Spectre is defeated and Parallax is taken away.
    Green Lantern Corps #45- The GLC appears to transport to Earth at the end.
    Blackest Night #7- Rise of the White Lantern.
    Green Lantern Corps #46- Clearly post-BN #7 with the Anti-Monitor getting free.
    Green Lantern #52- Leads direcly into BN #8.
    Blackest Night #8- The Conclusion.
    R.E.B.E.L.S. #12- "For three whole days, he fought [the Black Lanterns] without pause."

Please tell me if it works now.. :)

p.s. The chronology is shamelessly copied from the web. However, I agree with it 100%. If you have a different chronology, we can discuss it here..

File Attachment:

File Name: Blackest_N...0416.zip
File Size:3 KB
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Blackest Night cbl 5 years 6 months ago #23093

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
I started a Green Lantern story arc thread and added an updated list there for Blackest Night. I won't say that it's a better list than the ones located here..I'll just say that it is another one. Pick which ever one you prefer. :)
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by oraclexview.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Blackest Night cbl 5 years 6 months ago #23096

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
+1 karma for our hard working oracle! :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

Who's Online

We have 205 guests and 2 members online