Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reading Lists - How do you use them?

Reading Lists - How do you use them? 7 years 6 months ago #6525

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
After checking out Shinrai's shared library and reading lists, I've found my own set up is extremely barebones in comparison. I tend to only use the pre-configured smart lists like Recently Added and Never Read, and then another very basic standard list where I will dump entire series that I plan to read at some point in the future. I'd like to do more with them however.

So my question is, what kind of reading lists are you currently using, and how do you have them set up? Any useful tips or screenshots of your setups would be very helpful. I'm very interested to see how you are using CR!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Reading Lists - How do you use them? 7 years 6 months ago #6526

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
Yeah, I have manually configured read lists for pretty much every event and arc that I give a damn about. (Most of them not on this machine, but you got the idea from that little bit)

Re:Reading Lists - How do you use them? 7 years 6 months ago #6527

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
I have an organizing folder and a reading list folder. I only really use smartlists though as it is easier for me to define a couple of rules than to drag an drop comics.

For organizing I have smartlists for the "New" folders, missing files, one to see what's on the local computer and one to see what's on the external drive, a list for issues that have not gone though the ComicVine import and various other miscellaneous helper lists.

For reading I have some smartlists for my favorites series/characters. Green Lantern, Robin/Red Robin, Oracle, Ultimate, X-Men etc. Also for any events I am interested in.

Here's a screen shot:

Re:Reading Lists - How do you use them? 7 years 6 months ago #6705

One of the things I love most about ComicRack is the ability to make custom reading lists. I don't usually rely on SmartLists. I like to just make simple lists in my "Crossover" folder for major crossovers between titles, and then I arrange the comics in that list by "Position". The one SmartList I am using at the moment is a "Week of..." list, so that if I read a particular issue and want to see what else came out that week I can just punch in the week and voala! That's quite a nifty list, to say the least.

p.s.: How the hell do I add an image to my post?
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Excelsior07.

Re:Reading Lists - How do you use them? 7 years 6 months ago #6706

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
Excellent lists and ideas! Stonepaw, that's one monster list, thank you for sharing it!

I've started reorganizing my library at home, I'll post a screenshot of it tonight to show my progress and get any feedback. I've decided I still like the smartlists for tracking read/unread and books by timeframe (I have one almost just like your weekly list Excelsior07!) but I'd prefer more organized lists for the titles I read the most.

Re:Reading Lists - How do you use them? 7 years 6 months ago #6708

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
Excelsior07 wrote:
p.s.: How the hell do I add an image to my post?
There are several ways. You can upload an image to an image hosting site, tinypic and photobucket are popular, and use the provided img code.

Or you can upload with "Select image file to attach" button when writing a forum post.

@lanzajr26:
I'm interested to see what your lists are.

Re:Reading Lists - How do you use them? 7 years 6 months ago #7079

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
lanzajr26 wrote:
I've started reorganizing my library at home, I'll post a screenshot of it tonight to show my progress and get any feedback.
That was 7 days back, but we are still waiting... :blink:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re:Reading Lists - How do you use them? 7 years 6 months ago #7080

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
Oh man, that is pretty bad isn't it :( I decided I didn't like how they were turning out so I started over! The publisher lists just weren't organizing things cleanly enough for me so I've gone back to the drawing board. This time I will take a more Blizzard-like approach and will post my new lists "when they are ready" :D

Re: Reading Lists - How do you use them? 5 years 5 months ago #22732

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
It's been awhile since this thread was used, and I found it to be kind of useful looking at others' structures for their list. So, I thought I'd go ahead and post mine as well. Here is a sample of my list layout:

[IMG size=450x1039]i47.tinypic.com/14cec29.jpg[/IMG]
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: Reading Lists - How do you use them? 5 years 5 months ago #22743

• Fox_Spy
  • Fresh Boarder
Got a question for you about your lists, oraclexview. I see you have Smart and Static lists for some of the same things under Storylines. What's the reasoning on this? Also, this just shows that I should really use the smart lists more than I currently am.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds

Who's Online

We have 230 guests and 6 members online