Welcome, Guest
Post your Reading Lists here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reading Lists - How do you use them?

Re: Reading Lists - How do you use them? 5 years 7 months ago #22744

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Fox_Spy wrote:
Got a question for you about your lists, oraclexview. I see you have Smart and Static lists for some of the same things under Storylines. What's the reasoning on this? Also, this just shows that I should really use the smart lists more than I currently am.
I keep track of a smart list for a story arc when I first begin researching it to see what are all the related issues I have in my massive library. Then, I also make a manual list because I sometimes have multiple copies of books in my library so I'll just grab one copy from the smart list and drag it to the manual list. Then there are moments when I have books that I consider to be apart of multiple story arcs so I can't easily order then using the Alternate Number field in the smart list; thus I'll drag them to a manual list where I can visually verify that they are in the proper reading order that I prefer. The final reason for having the manual list is for posting them here in the forum which ensures that they'll load in the preferred reading order for those that want to download them. So, out of being a little OCD, I tend to keep both the smart list I created when first building the story arc, and the manual list once I've finalized what I want for syncing to my Android phone and for posting here in the threads.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Reading Lists - How do you use them? 5 years 7 months ago #22812

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Wow, Nice setup oraclexview!

I've done the same thing to make lists: start with a smartlist or two and copy the comics over to a static list, then either re-arrange the comics manually or for some cross overs (like Crisis or Secret Wars II) I scrape the month and arrange in published order.

Re: Reading Lists - How do you use them? 4 years 11 months ago #28416

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
forget it.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Madmatx. Reason: No point posting this
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Who's Online

We have 220 guests and one member online