Post your Reading Lists here
  • Page:

TOPIC: [megapost] My Smartlists

Re:[megapost] My Smartlists 7 years 7 months ago #7505

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
My preferred method for this is sadly the most difficult - I don't make a SmartList, I make a normal list, manually set the order, and sort by position. I /think/, although I haven't tried, that you could sort your SmartList by position in the same manner.

(For the uninitiated, once you set the sort method to Position, you can just drag and reorder the books and they'll stay that way.)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:[megapost] My Smartlists 7 years 7 months ago #7511

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
Shinrai wrote:
I /think/, although I haven't tried, that you could sort your SmartList by position in the same manner.
As far as I can tell you can't sort a smartlist by position.

O.Ren wrote:
Now I'm trying to figure out how to make Comic Rack organize these issues within the list, in a chronological order.. (I'm sure it's yet again a silly thing I have not noticed yet...)
What I do is fill in the storyline number field and sort the smartlist by Alternate Number.

Re:[megapost] My Smartlists 7 years 7 months ago #7518

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
  • Thank you received: 32
Alternate number -> genius ! :woohoo: B) :woohoo:
Thanks !
ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
Join us on IRC, don't be shy :) Server:irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack
More info here

Re:[megapost] My Smartlists 7 years 7 months ago #7520

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
That's a clever work-around, I like it. (And actually now that I think about it sorting smartlists by position is impractical because the contents are liable to change...I'm still sure it could be implemented in some manner, though.)

Re:[megapost] My Smartlists 7 years 6 months ago #8260

I've been using ComicRack for a little while now and it keeps surprising me. By that I mean its flexibility and the ways the library can be manipulated to organise titles in almost anyway you want and the smart lists you've made just go to show that, in fact until I saw this thread I didn't even know there was a comic vine scraper lol

Ever since I started using it I've been organising my comic and manga collections, which I wouldn't say are the largest in the world but are still pretty big, simply by using smart lists to separate each individual series and then sorting them by number, which now seems somewhat noobish of me but I've always had trouble organizing my comics collection specifically those titles that tend to have several series, mini-series, other character title tie ins etc. involved so I'd literally have to go through each smartlist and try to find the series I wanted and then change go back to a different list or just back to a separate series when I tried to read them in chronological continuity order and tbph it annoys the living hell out of me because I hate it when my reading is forcefully interrupted by my having to manually find the next book I'm looking for.

I know this sounds like an epic rant but there is a point and I'm getting to it :P

Essentially what I would like to say is that some of the smart lists you've posted are going to solve certain problems directly while others have given me enough ideas to solve the other problems being faced.

So thanks. It may have been a long and slightly strange thank you post but I thought the least I could do apart from giving karma would be to make a somewhat lengthy post :laugh:
Your eyes meet across the void, you fall in love for ten seconds and then she's gone, lost in the crowd, lost in the street.

Re:[megapost] My Smartlists 3 years 3 months ago #40339

• adrianmarsh
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
600WPMPO,

I know this is an old thread, but at first I thought it'd really help me with a smartlist I wanted to create.

In your s/shots, theres a 'Limit to' field - has that been removed as a feature from ComicRack ? I don't see it in my Smartlists editor. Its probably the key thing I'm missing.

What I want to create is a smartlist, with the intent of syncing to an android tablet.

I want to put together a manual list first of selected series, and then build the smartlist so that the smartlist contains the first 5, unread, comics from each series.

Any ideas ?

Re:[megapost] My Smartlists 3 years 3 months ago #40340

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
adrianmarsh wrote:
600WPMPO,

I know this is an old thread, but at first I thought it'd really help me with a smartlist I wanted to create.

In your s/shots, theres a 'Limit to' field - has that been removed as a feature from ComicRack ? I don't see it in my Smartlists editor. Its probably the key thing I'm missing.

What I want to create is a smartlist, with the intent of syncing to an android tablet.

I want to put together a manual list first of selected series, and then build the smartlist so that the smartlist contains the first 5, unread, comics from each series.

Any ideas ?

The "Limit to" field is still there, just a bit hidden.
You can find it here

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: adrianmarsh, freakingout, GAfan

Re:[megapost] My Smartlists 3 years 3 months ago #40341

• adrianmarsh
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Ah so it is !

[megapost] My Smartlists 1 year 1 week ago #46635

• GAfan
  • Fresh Boarder
Holy cow! I learned more from this post in a half hour than I have using ComicRack for several months. Thank you for the best post ever!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Who's Online

We have 228 guests and 2 members online