Post your Reading Lists here

TOPIC: My SmartLists based on the "File Path" criteria

My SmartLists based on the "File Path" criteria 7 years 7 months ago #7496

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
  • Thank you received: 32
Hello,

I'm new to CR, and started the difficult task of creating my ComicRack library.
Before I discovered this software, I had all my eComics stashed on some disk, at first with a very neat folder structure, and as time passed, with no other organization than "it's an ecomics? yes -> dump it there".

As I add folders/eComics to my CR library, I need to do the following:
- check that everything is added (no file left behind by CR)
- run the magical ComicVine script to get the metadata right
- run the wonderful Files & Folders script to create a folder structure supporting my library on my hard drive.

After a few dozens of eComics, it became clear that I needed some help to go through this, so I created two reading lists:

A. "To Be Organized" :
This list displays all the comics that have not yet been sent to their right folders by Files & Folder script. And they have not been ComicVined neither. They just got added to the library.

-> The criteria is the file path: all the comics to be added to the library and not yet ran through the scripts are located below a folder named "_Comics". So the Smartlist criteria says, show me files for which the path contains "_Comics".

B. "All Sorted":
This Smartlist displays the files that are under the "Comics" folder: I told Files & Folder script to use the "Comics" folder as a root folder. So if the eComic ends up there, it means it went through both scripts.

So if you want, the B smartlist shows all my library, up to date with ComicVine and sorted in the right folders, while the A smartlist tells me what is left to be sorted out.

Hope this inspires and help other users in managing their Library :)
ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
Join us on IRC, don't be shy :) Server:irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack
More info here
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by O.Ren.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jace Simian

Re: My SmartLists based on the "File Path" criteria 6 years 7 months ago #13640

• Jace Simian
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Awesome, thanks!

Keep in mind that Comic rack has a pretty good sorter that will create folders automatically for you, and there's other scripts out there to organize automagically as well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Who's Online

We have 255 guests and one member online