TOPIC: wintermute's Icons [Updated 2012-07-26]

Re: wintermute's Icons [Updated 2012-07-26] 5 years 4 months ago #24732

• wintermute2517
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Broadsword

3 Little Kittens

Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by wintermute2517. Reason: DO NOT PUSH ENTER to insert...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: wintermute's Icons [Updated 2012-07-26] 5 years 4 months ago #24746

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Oh, Tarot, I love...I mean, I have friends who read Tarot and I hear...great things about it... :evil:

Keep them coming. :)

Re: wintermute's Icons [Updated 2012-07-26] 5 years 4 months ago #24760

• wintermute2517
  • Senior Boarder
ROFL

No shame in liking anything... I'm only on issue 5 right now, and I find it a tad boring, but I'm gussing it gets better, otherwise it wouldn't still in circulation...

Re: wintermute's Icons [Updated 2012-07-26] 5 years 4 months ago #24761

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
wintermute2517 wrote:
ROFL

No shame in liking anything... I'm only on issue 5 right now, and I find it a tad boring, but I'm gussing it gets better, otherwise it wouldn't still in circulation...

It's not a bad book, but certainly nothing special. I find it a very interesting look into the psyche of Paganistic and Wiccan believers; it's really a subculture all their own, and you find their viewpoints all through the series.

Kind of like when reading manga you get a glimpse in some cases of Japanese culture (or in some cases, in Asian culture in general, such as Chinese or Korean).

And plus there's the art, and the fact that it features a very strong female lead, which is more rare than it should be really. :D

Oh, and Stan Lee wrote an issue! Didn't have any nudity in that one, I imagine Stan wants to keep his image clean...

Re: wintermute's Icons [Updated 2012-07-26] 5 years 4 months ago #24765

• wintermute2517
  • Senior Boarder
My girlfriend is a Wiccan, so I'm already surrounded with their beliefs

Even though there's a strong female lead, I find her to be a little bit too objectified. It's kind of a Wiccan Power Boobs Girl.

Re: wintermute's Icons [Updated 2012-07-26] 5 years 4 months ago #24766

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
wintermute2517 wrote:
My girlfriend is a Wiccan, so I'm already surrounded with their beliefs

Even though there's a strong female lead, I find her to be a little bit too objectified. It's kind of a Wiccan Power Boobs Girl.

Depends on how you look at it. She's obviously eye candy, and a target for anyone attracted to a girl who should by all rights have severe back pain.

But at the same time, I'm sure you're well aware that Wicca teaches a much more lax perspective on sexuality and they certainly don't share Puritan-type morals. That is certainly not to say that they are perverse or even amorous, but (and this is a broad generalization that certainly doesn't fit all Pagans and certainly not all Wiccas I am sure) they do not shy away from sexuality, the beauty of the body, etc.

It's an almost spiritual thing, and to some it's a way of honoring their god/goddess.

But then you have scenes that make me cringe, the bondage etc that is certainly not necessary. I sometimes think Balent should have gone with an actual book about a Wiccan super heroine rather than a fan-service heavy story where the plot more often than not is heavy petting and gropage.

So I guess I'm trying to say it's definitely a mixture, but does have some Wiccan ideas in there too. :D Sorry if I am incoherent today!

Re: wintermute's Icons [Updated 2012-07-26] 5 years 4 months ago #24769

• wintermute2517
  • Senior Boarder
It totally makes sense to me and it's what I meant when I said she was objectified, it's more of a fan-service.

Re: wintermute's Icons [Updated 2012-07-26] 5 years 3 months ago #24996

• wintermute2517
  • Senior Boarder
Just want to let people know that my icons might become temporarily unavailable sometime this week due to a server migration on my end. Once I'm done with the migration I'll come back with a few Dark Horse icons I've made. :)

Re: wintermute's Icons [Updated 2012-07-26] 5 years 2 months ago #25974

• Trask
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
So what happened to the Dark horse icons Wintermute? Can we expect some new icons soon? I miss seeing all the new icon posts.

Re: wintermute's Icons [Updated 2012-07-26] 5 years 2 months ago #26051

• wintermute2517
  • Senior Boarder
I'm currently in the Montreal Comic Con blitz, and just migrated my websites. I should have some free time for that in the coming week :)
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Who's Online

We have 249 guests and no members online