Welcome, Guest
Post your Icons here

TOPIC: 600's Icons

600's Icons 5 years 2 months ago #24478

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
wintermute2517 wrote:
Inspired by the amazing work of Jace, I've decided to create some icons. What's the point in creating if I'm not sharing?
:cheer: Joining the bandwagon... Credit goes to Jace's template...

..will create an index and zipped packs once I get substantial icons.

Beginning with Image comics:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview, wintermute2517

Re: 600's Icons 5 years 2 months ago #24481

• 600WPMPO
JaceSimian2099 wrote:
I am so happy so many are creating so many wonderful icons. If this keeps up, we may want to consider an index. :)
I am thinking of something greater. Suppose we get icons for each and every series. We can then request cYo to put these up as packs in the official download section. And then cYo can conjure up some way (like he did for the Publisher logos) that once stacked by 'series', the stack automagically pulls up its icon (obviously provided that the user has downloaded the pack & placed its contents in the proper directory).
JaceSimian2099 wrote:
By the way, you can turn off that shiny front half by clicking the eyeball next to gloss. I personally create mine glossless, but no worries either way.
Thanks for the tip. I'll make the new icons glossless. Btw, I somewhat like the gloss. :)

Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: 600's Icons 5 years 2 months ago #24482

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
600WPMPO wrote:
JaceSimian2099 wrote:
I am so happy so many are creating so many wonderful icons. If this keeps up, we may want to consider an index. :)
I am thinking of something greater. Suppose we get icons for each and every series. We can then request cYo to put these up as packs in the official download section. And then cYo can conjure up some way (like he did for the Publisher logos) that once stacked by 'series', the stack automagically pulls up its icon (obviously provided that the user has downloaded the pack & placed its contents in the proper directory).

That would certainly be awesome! The only detrimental aspect to this would be the sheer size of all the images. Right now I'm standing at hitting 600mb soon (no relation to you 600 hah hah hah), and if our team of icon creators are able to hit that goal, I imagine it could easily double. That's a good gigabyte of data!

Do you have ideas on how to account for that?
JaceSimian2099 wrote:
By the way, you can turn off that shiny front half by clicking the eyeball next to gloss. I personally create mine glossless, but no worries either way.
Thanks for the tip. I'll make the new icons glossless. Btw, I somewhat like the gloss. :)[/quote]

Oh, hey, don't take the gloss off on my account - I only mention it because it took me forever to figure it out back when I began. You should create whatever your artistic spirit will lead you to create, they're your creations, eh? :)

Gloss away, my friend, gloss away. :D
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by JaceSimian2099.

Re: 600's Icons 5 years 2 months ago #24488

• Charlox
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Those are really great icons 600! I see you did a Saga icon too. I'm late to the Saga party it seems :lol: Oh it's an easy fix but I think you forgot the dropshadow on The Li'l Depressed Boy. Still great icons. Can't wait to see more.
JaceSimian2099 wrote:

That would certainly be awesome! The only detrimental aspect to this would be the sheer size of all the images. Right now I'm standing at hitting 600mb soon (no relation to you 600 hah hah hah), and if our team of icon creators are able to hit that goal, I imagine it could easily double. That's a good gigabyte of data!

Do you have ideas on how to account for that?

I agree that it would would be insane to include everything. And who would decide what icon becomes the official icon for a series? Unfortunately for now its seems having to manually add them seems to make the most sense. However it would be awesome to have an official repository for everyone's icons, categorized and with a search function.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Charlox.

Re: 600's Icons 5 years 2 months ago #24490

• wintermute2517
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I absolutely love them! But could you please repost them without the gloss? I don't really like it... :P

Re: 600's Icons 5 years 2 months ago #24503

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
@600 - Glad to see that you've decided to join the fray buddy, especially with your artistic design skillz. All you guys are causing me to develop the itch too. Once I get some free time from somewhere (I don't know where I'll find it, but I will somehow) I'll give it a stab too and see what I come up with. Personally, I really like your Severed, Saga, Activity and MP. Good job!!! Keep it up!

Re: 600's Icons 5 years 1 month ago #24576

• 600WPMPO
Some quickly made creator icons... (non-glossed)

...and an old one:

The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview, JaceSimian2099, wintermute2517

Re: 600's Icons 5 years 1 month ago #24577

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Wonderful stuff, 600. I hope all is going well with you.

Why are so many comic creators bald? Does writing comics lead to hair loss?

Re: 600's Icons 5 years 1 month ago #24587

• 600WPMPO
JaceSimian2099 wrote:
Why are so many comic creators bald? Does writing comics lead to hair loss?
This baffles me too. Here are more baldos & beardos for you (except Gail Simone)....:laugh:

The following user(s) said Thank You: wintermute2517

Re: 600's Icons 5 years 1 month ago #24589

• Trask
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Nice work 600. Good to see you re-worked the Vaughan icon to fit in with your theme, it looked out of place in the previous post.

Are you using these in CR? I was thinking of trying to convert all my CR stacks to AICONS, and directories to the folder icon. Anyway, as always, outstanding.
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Who's Online

We have 300 guests and 3 members online