Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: Happy New Year !

Happy New Year ! 6 years 11 months ago #11475

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557

Yes, I babble a lot. :laugh:

So, when a guy finishes 1000 posts on an internet forum, what does he do next, huh ? Write an intro, what else.. That's what a sane man does, right ? :P

I came across ComicRack 3-4 years ago.. joined it just as carelessly as I would join any other forum those days. Little did I knew it would come to this day. From a Linux junkie and a swearing, flaming forum creep, I am now what you know of me.

So, what do I say about myself ? I don't believe in anything. I deny the existence of higher forces that manipulate humans (and animals ?) as pieces on a chessboard. Neither do I think that the universe ever originated, nor do I feel that someday it'll end. Neither do I know what God is, nor do I wish to know. There is no heaven, there is no hell; there is nothing right, there is nothing wrong. Only Kirby's boom tubes are for real !! :laugh:

I am 33 years old, and there appears no chance that I'll be gettin any younger. I am from India, where while a lot of things are as advanced as they get in the states, but somehow comic shops are still a rarity. Most of my buying comics then occurs online, at the airports, or when I spot a rare bookshop that has an exclusive graphic novels section. Some of my friends are regular shuttlers to US & EU, and I keep poking them to bring me my goods !

As for my tastes, I am a Jack of all. Comics, these days, are at the top of the list, all the way from Uncle Scrooge to Criminal. Here are some of my favorites: (Just for the record, Watchmen is at the top of the list.. there was none, and there won't ever be another like Watchmen. Period.)

Music is next. Earlier, a loud 5 channel speaker system I kept installed in my room, but now all I need is my iPod. While I preferred death metal in my early days, these days I have settled down with the likes of Johnny Cash & Leonard Cohen. Have a look at my legends here:

Computer Games. I loved them, but these days I don't get much time (but even now I play FIFA regularly). So, I play them on the pod, mostly while I'm taking a dump ! Some of my favorites are right here:

Movies. I watch them all, so that I get the right to criticize ! But seriously, I really like Tarantino's style. I still remember skipping college to watch Depp's Edward Scissorhands. Here are the top of my lists:

And what else ? Here at the forum, I work with cYo to make a manual for his excellent piece of art. I'm also the forum janitor, and maintain (not getting much time these days for) the facebook page.

Here at the forum, I have interacted with almost all the members. I specially thank Stonepaw, {Oo}, cbanack, perezmu, and malor89 among all the members for being with me.

Life is good till it lasts, as it would one day. Till then, we gotta keep it going. Still, sometimes I feel like not living at all.. like the days go on for ever like Moore's knee-long beard, and sometimes they are quick & slippery like Morrison's bald scalp. At times, like Charlie Brown, I sit at night and say to myself, "What is this all about?". And at other times, I feel like I have got everything in life except time, that is running away faster than Barry Allen.

Overall, the past few years have been a real joyride both here at the forum & in my personal life as well, and I have no desires unfulfilled, and no dreams unachieved. I have just one little thought that nags me sometimes. I have never seen/met cYo (that's what he calls himself), but I wish I see (literally) and talk to him before I die.

p.s. This is not an obituary. I'm still alive. Wishing you all a very happy new year 2011 ! :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Happy New Year ! 6 years 11 months ago #11652

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
600WPMPO wrote:
p.s. This is not an obituary. I'm still alive.

Too bad!

You missed my stupid evil comments on your introduction post? Well, here's one! :laugh:
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by {Oo}.

Re: Happy New Year ! 6 years 11 months ago #11657

• 600WPMPO
{Oo} wrote:
600WPMPO wrote:
p.s. This is not an obituary. I'm still alive.
Too bad!
You missed my stupid evil comments on your introduction post? Well, here's one!
Gee.. thanks mate ! :P

I need your comments to keep afresh my motivation for murdering you in cold-blood !! :laugh:

Re: Happy New Year ! 6 years 11 months ago #11662

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Hey 600WPMPO!
I have 2 say that it's great to have u along 4 the ComicRack ride! Finally, I know someone (kinda...in a forum kinda way) in India! As the great Bruce Willis would say, yippie ky yah mutha&$@!@$!!!!! Lol
I just want to congratulate u on an excellent manual thus far. I haven't finished it (currently on Chapter 5) yet, but it's already explained some things to help catch me up to what I've missed over the last year. I can tell by the layout of the manual that u r a perfectionist who's been in the workforce long enough to know when perfection has it's limits and that any further improvements can been hashed out in the next necessary update. So THANK YOU for your GREAT efforts. Thanks to your manual ComicRack has finally grown up and become a full fledge tool to b reconed with! I look forward to all future posts and contributions! Oh, and I also luv your Photoshop work with publisher icons, ratings images, etc....keep it up!
Nuff said! Excelsior!!!!!

oraclexwave aka SoundWave
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: Happy New Year ! 6 years 11 months ago #11663

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
Deadpool is the best Marvel character ever. Period!

Re: Happy New Year ! 6 years 11 months ago #11666

• 600WPMPO
oraclexview wrote:
Hey 600WPMPO!
I have 2 say that it's great to have u along 4 the ComicRack ride! Finally, I know someone (kinda...in a forum kinda way) in India!
You are most welcome here in this amazing country.. come visit us someday..:cheer:
oraclexview wrote:
THANK YOU for your GREAT efforts. Thanks to your manual ComicRack has finally grown up and become a full fledge tool to b reconed with! I look forward to all future posts and contributions! Oh, and I also luv your Photoshop work with publisher icons, ratings images, etc....keep it up!
Thanks oraclexview..:) you lavish me with kinds words of praise to the extent that probably I don't even deserve..
{Oo} wrote:
Yessir..I agree there. That's a period with a big P.

Hmm.. evil {Oo} sometimes talks sense..:evil:

Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Happy New Year ! 6 years 11 months ago #11667

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
{Oo} wrote:

She-Hulk and Taskmaster would like a word with you.

Re: Happy New Year ! 6 years 11 months ago #11668

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
BTW 600, when will we see an Indian (Hindu? Indy?) language pack? Since you're from over there, it should have already been done you Indian slacker you! :whistle:

Re: Happy New Year ! 6 years 11 months ago #11670

• 600WPMPO
{Oo} wrote:
BTW 600, when will we see an Indian (Hindu? Indy?) language pack? Since you're from over there, it should have already been done you Indian slacker you! :whistle:
I don't know how to make it..:(

please tell me the steps how to do it.. I'll surely make it..

p.s. Here we all have Hindi language options in our mobiles, but almost everyone uses English.. so, I almost forgot that we can also have a Hindi language pack for ComicRack™..:unsure:

Edit: Just had a look at the Japanese Language pack.. I guess I'll have to edit all these xml files & zip them into one.. am I right ? :unsure:

How do I add non-english characters here.. ?

Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Happy New Year ! 6 years 11 months ago #11671

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
Nop, you just have to download the Localizer tool in the download section. once it's done, unpack the de.zip (c:\wherever_you_installed_CR\ComicRack\Languages) of the current version anywhere you like. Launch "Localizer.exe" then Pack > Open... (or ctrl+o or just click the Open... button), select the folder where you unpacked the de.zip and voilà! Select the language you'll be translating in (I'm sure you can translate in Chinese traditional!), type in your name/pseudo so that you can have recognition all over the world and beyond! In the notes, put the version of CR that was used to create your pack. Start translating with your little hands and brain, the result will be definitely better if you use your brain to translate as well! I checked the autoload in the Options tab so that it opens automatically my pack.

It's easier to use the localizer but you can do it simply by editing the xml files if you'd like. Thing is, when CR is updated and some new features are added it'll be a pain to add them. But, with the tool you just have to click on Pack > Update Pack... and select where the updated de.zip has been extracted and it'll add all the new lines by himself.

I know, the explanation suck but I don't really have time to make a really nice one with screenshots ATM... Sry, u'll have to make due! :laugh:
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Who's Online

We have 264 guests and one member online