Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: Hey there

Hey there 6 years 8 months ago #12191

• Brenticles
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, I’m a new/returning user to ComicRack. I tried it a few years ago and after not too long went back to CDisplayEX. I use Windows Explorer to organize everything and WinRar to edit the archives; I use Comic Collector to organize everything in term of tracking an inventory. Well anyway I’ve decided to give it another go. Before I downloaded it this time I’ve been reading the forum and parts of the manual. If you don’t mind, I thought I’d give some feedback of what it’s like to be a new user on this program.

First a little about me: I’m 35, college graduate, work as a financial analyst/lender with a $150MM+ portfolio of commercial loans. In the office I’m usually the guy people ask about computer stuff when the IT guys aren’t around, but I’m by no means an IT guy. I’ve set up my own wireless network with two laptops, a desktop and TiVo. I’ve replaced power supplies, processors, and RAM on computers so I’m not a complete noob. Hopefully this will give some perspective when I tell you this program is a bit daunting. I can read the Wall Street Journal front to back without batting an eye and talk about mezzanine financing, derivatives, and hedge funds all day, but this program frequently has me flummoxed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hey there 6 years 8 months ago #12192

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Hey there!

The CDisplay discussion is recurrent in this forum, a quick look around the forum will show you why. Regarding the comicvine scraper, try this link comic-vine-scraper.googlecode.com/files/...aper-1.0.38.crplugin and double click for installing. Now, the learning curve for CR is a little steep, but, we have the wonderful manual we should READ back to back.

I hope you have patience and devote time enough to join us worshiping Comicrack.

Welcome back. :laugh:

Re: Hey there 6 years 8 months ago #12204

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
Moving my comment to your other thread.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by cbanack.

Re: Hey there 6 years 8 months ago #12205

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
cbanack wrote:
Moving my comment to your other thread.

Yep, yes, I got the wrong place too!

Re: Hey there 6 years 8 months ago #12210

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Welcome to the forums Brenticles!!

Nice to have you here..

Please don't forget to read the Rules and download The ComicRack Manual..

If you are on Facebook, please don't forget to join ComicRack's Facebook Fanpage

If you wish, you can also check out the Index of Scripts

You may as well choose an avatar for yourself that will be displayed aside your posts..

Hoping to see your posts more often on the forum.. :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Who's Online

We have 170 guests and 6 members online