Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: Hello

Hello 6 years 8 months ago #12958

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Seems I forgot to do this.

I reside in Canada and have been working on a missing issue ComicVine scraper. Unfortunately, my wife has decided our youngest must start going to bed in his own bed and I have little time as of late to work on it.

Like many other I used to read comics as a teen and in to my mid twenties then got out of it when I went back to university full time and had no money or time for comics. The first "real" comic I read was when I was 17 or 18 and it was Neil Gaiman's Sandman #35, which was relatively current, within 2 or 3 issues, in those days, and I picked up out of a bargain bin for $1 because the cover intrigued me. I then spent a pile of money and time hunting down back issues for #1-34. Now, at 37, like in those days, I read primarily mature rated stuff from the likes of Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis and series' like Hellblazer, Fables and Witchblade. I tend to avoid most main stream titles and pretty much all superhero stuff with only a few exceptions. Neil Gaiman and Warren Ellis are my favorite comic authors.

Cheers,
Rob
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Samael69.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hello 6 years 8 months ago #12960

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
:) Here are some pleasant memories for you:

...I personally like Preacher very much. Missed it in your list above..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Hello 6 years 8 months ago #12961

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
Ya, lovely. Dave McKean is one of my favorite artists. I recently spent great time and effort hunting down a decent copy of the first edition hardcover copy of Sandman Dustcovers.

I haven't read Preacher yet, though it is on my "to-read" list.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Samael69.

Re: Hello 6 years 8 months ago #12973

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Samael69 wrote:
Ya, lovely. Dave McKean is one of my favorite artists. I recently spent great time and effort hunting down a decent copy of the first edition hardcover copy of Sandman Dustcovers.
So, you finally got the dustcovers, right? If not, I think you can get it at Amazon..

I've also recently purchased the Absolute Sandman vol.1, and hope to get the remaining 3 volumes soon. But, it is very heavy and difficult to hold on while reading. And, the pages smell of some strange chemical. Other than this, it is beautiful!
Samael69 wrote:
Preacher is the original bad-ass. Then 'The Boys' came and out-preached the preacher :P
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Hello 6 years 8 months ago #12984

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
Samael69 wrote:
So, you finally got the dustcovers, right? If not, I think you can get it at Amazon..

I've also recently purchased the Absolute Sandman vol.1, and hope to get the remaining 3 volumes soon. But, it is very heavy and difficult to hold on while reading. And, the pages smell of some strange chemical. Other than this, it is beautiful!
Samael69 wrote:
Preacher is the original bad-ass. Then 'The Boys' came and out-preached the preacher :P

Yup, I found Dustcovers. It wasn't nearly as available when I bought it. I ended up getting it off of eBay for about 20% under cover-price, which was a great deal 2 or 3 years ago. I thought about getting Absolute Sandman, but I already have Sandman it's original comic run as well as most of the 1st hardcover releases, so I thought getting Absolute to be overkill...especially at the price.
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Who's Online

We have 221 guests and 2 members online