Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: I Guess it's past time...

I Guess it's past time... 6 years 4 months ago #15463

• Rancoras
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
...to introduce myself. I'm a recent convert to ComicRack. I've been on the Mac side of things for a while now and was using ComicBookLover over there. It's a decent app, but CR blows it away. Windows 7 has wooed me back to this side of the house. Thanks cYo for a great app for managing comics.

As for my comic background, I got into comics around the time of Crisis on Infinite Earths. I really liked DC's characters more than Marvel's at the time. The crisis made for a great jumping on point and it all snowballed from there. I was there at the inception of Vertigo with Swampy and John Constantine. Then, I started a family and the budget couldn't support my comic habit so I had to quit buying them.

A couple of years ago, I decided that my income could handle some comics. I decided to try Marvel's new (at the time) digital comics service. What an awesome idea they had. The reader was clunky, but I had access to so much material. I discovered the Ultimate Universe at that time and rabidly devoured all of it. I'm now a devoted Ultimate fan and I'm looking forward to Ultimate Fallout and where things go from there.

I'm also looking forward to what DC does with the relaunch in September. I'm not sure if I want to jump onto their digital bandwagon yet. I love to scan my own books and re-read them on my ipad. I'm currently digging through my old long boxes and re-discovering and scanning the post-crisis books I bought way back then. This is where CR and CVS help me out immensely with the scraping of metadata for my scanned files.

So, thanks again cYo for the app. Thanks also to cbanack, Stonepaw, 600 and others I haven't met yet for the great community here. Not to mention the great scripts that expand an already great app.

Edit: OOOOO, look at that, this was my 20th post and got me promoted to Junior Boarder. Cool!
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Rancoras.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I Guess it's past time... 6 years 4 months ago #15464

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Welcome to the forums Rancoras!!

Nice to have you here..

Please don't forget to read the Rules and download The ComicRack Manual..

If you are on Facebook, please don't forget to join ComicRack's Facebook Fanpage

You can also choose an avatar that will be displayed aside your posts..

Hoping to see your posts more often on the forum.. :)
Rancoras wrote:
..CR blows it away. Windows 7 has wooed me back to this side of the house.
Yeah, it brought me back from Ubuntu to Windows..

Rancoras wrote:
I really liked DC's characters more than Marvel's at the time.
I'm also looking forward to what DC does with the relaunch in September.
Even today, I like DC more than Marvel. I just hope they do not retcon all of their history with the relaunch in September.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds

Who's Online

We have 180 guests and 4 members online