Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: Hi my name is Steve and Im a comic Junkie

Hi my name is Steve and Im a comic Junkie 5 years 11 months ago #19945

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Hi Guys,
I finally took the plunge after three months of researching Android tablets and bought a Motorola Xoom and installed ComicRack (Free version for now till I get to grips with it). How do I go about paying for the pay version? Can I use Paypal? I was thinking of getting the Archos G9 101 16GB tablet, the 8gb one felt nice and ran fast and smoothly, but when I had a play with the 16gb, it felt cheap and a very buggy screen, it was £300 so I only paid £30 more for an extra 16GB storage and better build quality of the Motorola.Im loving CR, its everything I wanted in a reader, shame I cant likn the Xoom to Ubuntu without VirtualBox, but not a major problem. Im currently into Warren Ellis stuff, can you guys recommend anything else I'd like? I also like Planetary, Invisibles, The Authority, Anita Blake and many more.
Steve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hi my name is Steve and Im a comic Junkie 5 years 11 months ago #19949

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Welcome to the forums startreksteve!!

Nice to have you here..

Please don't forget to read the Rules and download The ComicRack Manual..

If you are on Facebook, please don't forget to join ComicRack's Facebook Fanpage

You can also follow us at the official Google plus page

If you wish, you can also check out the Index of Scripts

Chat with us on our official [url=irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack]IRC channel[/url]

Hoping to see your posts more often on the forum..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Hi my name is Steve and Im a comic Junkie 5 years 11 months ago #19951

• donspace
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Welcome Steve ... nice ta meetcha.

Regarding the paid version of CR ... if you get it through the Android Market, which I assume you'll do for any tablet you happen to settle upon, you'll pay for it the same way you do any other app. If you get the software for Windows, just download it from the site. You'll get a nifty little notice soon after you start the program with instructions on how to pay ... via PayPal even.

D
Java devil, you are now my bitch.

Re: Hi my name is Steve and Im a comic Junkie 5 years 11 months ago #19954

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
I've never bought an Android app, only free ones. I don't have a credit card linked to my account.,,
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by startreksteve.

Re: Hi my name is Steve and Im a comic Junkie 5 years 11 months ago #19964

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
The options available for purchasing apps through the Google Market depend on your country and your cellular carrier. Very often you get the option to just put it on your phone bill!

Re: Hi my name is Steve and Im a comic Junkie 5 years 11 months ago #19969

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
OK, Im in the UK, I only have a WiFi Xoom, and anyway my smartphone is pay as you go, maybe you call them prepaid in the US. Unless I can use Paypal, I cant see how I can pay??

Re: Hi my name is Steve and Im a comic Junkie 5 years 11 months ago #20016

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I am fairly certain Google Marketplace should support Google Checkout, which has pretty much all the same funding options as Paypal that I'm aware of. I assume you can just use credit/debit as well. When you actually try to purchase it, it should very plainly list every option you have.

Re: Hi my name is Steve and Im a comic Junkie 5 years 11 months ago #20041

• ahroun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
startreksteve wrote:
Hi Guys,
How do I go about paying for the pay version? Can I use Paypal? I was thinking of getting the Archos G9 101 16GB tablet...
Well about the archos g9 one friend of mine have it and he is more than happy with it, it is a good quality/price ratio, i should ask him to install CR and tell him to give me some feedback.

About paying on android here in my country you have to link you android account to a credit card as well. Try as Shinrai said to use the google checkout if you don't have a credit card, as it allows some debit cards and bank accounts in some countries.
Im currently into Warren Ellis stuff, can you guys recommend anything else I'd like? I also like Planetary, Invisibles, The Authority, Anita Blake and many more.
Don't forget The Monarchy then, and if you like Invisibles you should try to start reading The Sandman, Hellblazer (don't jump directly to Warren Ellis' issues, start with Jamie Delano!) and anything from Alan Moore.

Re: Hi my name is Steve and Im a comic Junkie 5 years 11 months ago #20043

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
ahroun wrote:
startreksteve wrote:
Hi Guys,
How do I go about paying for the pay version? Can I use Paypal? I was thinking of getting the Archos G9 101 16GB tablet...
Well about the archos g9 one friend of mine have it and he is more than happy with it, it is a good quality/price ratio, i should ask him to install CR and tell him to give me some feedback.

Don't forget The Monarchy then, and if you like Invisibles you should try to start reading The Sandman, Hellblazer (don't jump directly to Warren Ellis' issues, start with Jamie Delano!) and anything from Alan Moore.

Yeah, it jumps to a page for credit cards, no paypal though, if I buy, do I get the Full Android AND Full windows versions?

I read Sandman from my local Library and I got Neonomicon for Christmas, awesome!

Re: Hi my name is Steve and Im a comic Junkie 5 years 11 months ago #20044

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
The Windows version is limited in no way whatsoever. You just have a screen that opens sometimes when you launch CR that you don't have when you donated. That's the ONLY difference between the two.

Relating to your question, I simply don't know if when you buy the full CRA version, you have the same "full" CRW version. I think cYo already answered that at some point but I can't remember... Sry...
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: startreksteve
Time to create page: 0.644 seconds

Who's Online

We have 218 guests and 2 members online