Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: Hi from sunny South Africa!

Hi from sunny South Africa! 5 years 8 months ago #20733

  • Valis
  • Valis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 10
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 1
Hi everyone :)

I was looking for a comic reader and that led me to this site. Love the software and especially the script to add webcomics. Now if only there were more hours in the day to read comics...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hi from sunny South Africa! 5 years 8 months ago #20736

  • 600WPMPO
  • 600WPMPO's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3788
  • Thank you received: 557
  • Karma: 232
Welcome to the forums Valis!!

Nice to have you here..

Please don't forget to read the Rules and download The ComicRack Manual..

If you are on Facebook, please don't forget to join ComicRack's Facebook Fanpage

You can also follow us at the official Google plus page

If you wish, you can also check out the Index of Scripts

Chat with us on our official [url=irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack]IRC channel[/url]

Hoping to see your posts more often on the forum..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valis

Re: Hi from sunny South Africa! 5 years 8 months ago #20737

  • Valis
  • Valis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 10
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 1
600WPMPO wrote:
Welcome to the forums Valis!!

Nice to have you here..

Please don't forget to read the Rules..

If you are on Facebook, please don't forget to join ComicRack's Facebook Fanpage

You can also follow us at the official Google plus page

If you wish, you can also check out the Index of Scripts

Done, done, done and done!
and download The ComicRack Manual..

I tried, unfortunately the link seems to be broken :ohmy:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hi from sunny South Africa! 5 years 8 months ago #20738

  • 600WPMPO
  • 600WPMPO's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3788
  • Thank you received: 557
  • Karma: 232
Valis wrote:
and download The ComicRack Manual..

I tried, unfortunately the link seems to be broken :ohmy:
True & very disturbing..

Here is a dropbox link for you till we fix things up:
http://db.tt/0XnQLJHo
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hi from sunny South Africa! 5 years 8 months ago #20739

  • Valis
  • Valis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 10
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 1
Ah, great, thanks so much!
I tried, unfortunately the link seems to be broken

I think it has something to do with the Megaupload take-down. A lot of file-lockers have pre-emptively closed down in order to avoid arrest :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hi from sunny South Africa! 5 years 8 months ago #20750

  • oraclexview
  • oraclexview's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • aka SoundWave
  • Posts: 906
  • Thank you received: 182
  • Karma: 37
Valis wrote:
Ah, great, thanks so much!
I tried, unfortunately the link seems to be broken

I think it has something to do with the Megaupload take-down. A lot of file-lockers have pre-emptively closed down in order to avoid arrest :(
That is a solid possibility. It's a sad thing too, because even though I never used Megaupload, I knew a lot of people that collaborated foe work by sharing large files from different sides of the nation. It was a site that had more legitimate uses than the opposite. Hopefully the RIAA will adapt to the changes going on in the world (they should take a hint from when the tobacco industry tried to fight change...it was cheaper in the long run to just adapt instead of fight) than trying to strong-arm those interrupting the status quo.

Anyway, welcome to the group Valis...glad to have you aboard for the exciting ride! Poke around the forums and add to all the exciting conversations; remember, sharing is caring! lol :lol:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hi from sunny South Africa! 5 years 8 months ago #20767

  • Valis
  • Valis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 10
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 1
oraclexview wrote:

That is a solid possibility. It's a sad thing too, because even though I never used Megaupload, I knew a lot of people that collaborated foe work by sharing large files from different sides of the nation. It was a site that had more legitimate uses than the opposite. Hopefully the RIAA will adapt to the changes going on in the world (they should take a hint from when the tobacco industry tried to fight change...it was cheaper in the long run to just adapt instead of fight) than trying to strong-arm those interrupting the status quo.

Anyway, welcome to the group Valis...glad to have you aboard for the exciting ride! Poke around the forums and add to all the exciting conversations; remember, sharing is caring! lol :lol:

Yes, it's just crazy! I can't believe they sent in a SWAT team to arrest a guy for making copies of what are, in the end, just ones and zeros :blink:

And now all those people getting their data wiped, even the legit files :ohmy:

Anyway, thanks for the welcome, I'm already loving it here :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Der Internet
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds

Who's Online

We have 206 guests and 10 members online