Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: Hey guys

Hey guys 5 years 8 months ago #22019

• Papito
  • Fresh Boarder
The name's Papito originally from NYC now residing in Michigan. Using the comic rack on the kindle fire (side-loaded) and I'm loving it. Loved Batman since the beginning and with this new 52 I'm trying to get into other characters (Blue beetle). Slowly but surely I'll hit up the marvel side with the upcoming crossover since I'm also a big fan of X-men.

Glad to be here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hey guys 5 years 8 months ago #22024

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Welcome Papito. Get your ComicRack on! And it's awesome to know that you've got it rolling on your Kindle Fire without having to root it. This is one of the tablets I've seriously thought about getting because of it's many great reviews compared to its low cost.
Batman & the X-Men are also two of my favs. Have fun checking out the forum threads and chime in anytime.

Enjoy!

Re: Hey guys 5 years 8 months ago #22025

• Papito
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks! I would say the fire is a nice starter tablet. A lot of complaints I mainly heard was the lack of the android marketplace but since you can side load everything it honestly doesn't matter. Mainly use it to read comics and catch up on comics I've missed out on.

Re: Hey guys 5 years 8 months ago #22026

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
lol, if the lack of the android marketplace, or Google Play, is the biggest complaint then that's awesome. I would mostly use a tablet to read eComics as well since the storage capacity of these things aren't big enough to carry around a decent amount of HD video yet.

Re: Hey guys 5 years 8 months ago #22028

• Papito
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah it has 6.5 gigs appx for you to use. 1.17 for actual apps and 5.37 for you to use as you like (movies videos books etc)

Never cared for how much memory is on it since I'm mainly streaming video from netflix or hulu. I upload personal music to the amazon cloud (mainly music to listen to while reading comics, you get 5 gb free from amazon) and the rest of the files I grab from my box account (box.com).

Perfect size and perfect price.

Re: Hey guys 5 years 8 months ago #22032

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
Yeah, wish I was all into the cloud thing, yet I'm too much of a control freak and bandwidth hog as is to go that route. Oh well, I'll just have to make do until graphene is developed enough to make flash memory 5TB in size. :lol:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Who's Online

We have 262 guests and one member online