Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone 5 years 5 months ago #22863

• Oatmeal25
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone.

I was into comics during the late 70s through mid 80s but tragically sold off all my comics prior to University. It has probably taken this long just to get over that blunder.

The main reason I'm getting back into comics is that I have a couple of young sons and I'm looking to get them interested in the characters and stories but want to avoid any "The Evil That Men Do" surprises. I was a fan of Spider-man, GI Combat (Haunted Tank), Our Army At War (Sgt Rock) and more. I probably forget more series I used to read than I remember.

I'm also a gamer, predominantly FPS, play golf, hockey and work as an independent computer consultant.

I've been messing around with making comic book themed wallpapers too. Have a look at what I've done at Wallbase (raw searches on that site are potentially NSFW). The nature of the designs are extremely busy but I'm trying to come up with ways to show lots of art without looking like a Nascar fender. If you're interested let me know the resolution you want and I'll create something from the images I have (mostly Spiderman and Avengers).

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hello Everyone 5 years 5 months ago #22866

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Welcome to the forums Oatmeal25 !!

Nice to have you here..

Please don't forget to read the Rules and download The ComicRack Manual..

If you are on Facebook, please don't forget to join ComicRack's Facebook Fanpage

You can also follow us at the official Google plus page

If you wish, you can also check out the Index of Scripts

Chat with us on our official [url=irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack]IRC channel[/url]

Hoping to see your posts more often on the forum..

p.s. That's a great collage! +1 karma for the good work! :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oatmeal25

Re: Hello Everyone 5 years 5 months ago #22883

• Oatmeal25
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks. ComicRack has been pretty good so far. A couple of things aren't completely intuitive but once you figure things out it is easy to work with.

I've been getting used to all the scripts and such and it's really helped me stay organized. I am still trying to figure out the best folder structure to use and will read through the tutorial when I have a chance.

My biggest hurdle has been finding a comic reader for the ipad that doesn't use iTunes. I don't think ComicRack has a client yet and if anyone has suggestions feel free to pass them on (going to do a forum search after this post.) I'd ideally like to use a file browser to copy the files off my desktop as needed. Bonus marks if I can sync ratings and reading status back to the original ComicRack files/database (which I have not figured out yet on my Android Smart Phone)

And is there a clean copy of the ComicRack logo? I'd like to add it to the wallpapers I have been making:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Who's Online

We have 231 guests and one member online