Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: Hello

Hello 5 years 4 months ago #24698

• Huisie
  • Fresh Boarder
Used to spend all my pocket money on comics as a kid, as I love to read.
Read anything, from superhero to Harvey to UK stuff (Beano, et al) to war comics.

Growing up had an impact on my comic consumption, but I found a store that stocked Heavy Metal, so was able to get my fix and be taken seriously by other adults (it's art, not comics);)

Reading eBooks on my first PDA (XDA phone) got me back to comics again. Comics like Transmetropolitan, Watchmen, The Invisibles, Sandman, Preacher, etc. demonstrated that other kids who loved comics had grown up and were creating great stuff.

As I started building up collections of digital media, I started getting into organising it.
First, it was XBMC for managing TV and film, then MusicBee for tunes, then Calibre for books.

To me, comics seemed the biggest challenge to organise, so I held off for a long while. This program seems to have matured greatly over the last couple of years and there is great support from add-on developers and participants in this forum.

The combination of ComicRack, great addons, a super manual and many committed supporters means it is time to bit the bullet. I'm still familiarising myself with ComicRack, so my input is likely to be more question than answer.

Thanks to cYo and the community for making these tools available to us.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hello 5 years 4 months ago #24700

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
Well, that's what I call an introduction !

Welcome to you, the new addition to our ever expending fruit-basket of happy or disgruntled (or maybe even something else) nutcases :P
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.

Re: Hello 5 years 4 months ago #24702

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
I concur with {Oo}...awesome intro. Welcome and continue to enjoy the ride as everything from comics to tablets and other electronic devices to enjoy them on, along with ComicRack continue to evolve and make the whole experience even more fun! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Hello 5 years 4 months ago #24705

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Welcome to the forums !!

Nice to have you here..

Please don't forget to read the Rules and download The ComicRack Manual..

If you are on Facebook, please don't forget to join ComicRack's Facebook Fanpage

You can also follow us at the official Google plus page

If you wish, you can also check out the Index of Scripts

Chat with us on our official [url=irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack]IRC channel[/url]

Hoping to see your posts more often on the forum..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Hello 5 years 4 months ago #24709

• Huisie
  • Fresh Boarder
Cheers, guys

Didn't expect any replies to an intro - very welcoming indeed (you're all at work and terribly bored, yes?):)

Appreciate the welcome and the useful links. I have perused the manual, 600WPMPO - you did a great job with that.

Currently, have finished importing comics into Library, have exported to cbz (some files corrupted) and am using the awesome ComicVine Scraper (after a few false starts) to update metadata.

Then I plan to read through the manual fully before using the Library Organiser to gain a measure of control.

After that, I'll start pestering you all in the forums for help and advice - you haf been varned...

Re: Hello 5 years 4 months ago #24712

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Huisie wrote:
Then I plan to read through the manual fully before using the Library Organiser to gain a measure of control.
I must say here that the manual details the previous version of Library Organizer. You'll get the basic idea, though...

p.s. Get yourself an avatar :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and one member online