Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: Hello

Hello 5 years 2 months ago #24823

• Lusiphur
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I'm new here, so I hope you'll allow me to introduce myself
So. I'm a reader of downloaded comic books. Oooooh, that's bad isn't it ? Yeah, I figure we're all bad boys here...
Well, there's worse. I also scan comics. And i've been scanning them for, what, 8 year now ? Maybe 10 ?
To read comics, I have been using CDisplay for as long as I can remember. I tried one of the very first versions of ComicRack quite a few years ago, but I wasn't convinced. And I tried again 3 months ago. That's when my mind was blown away. I had no idea that little thing had grown so much on its own. This is probably one of the best program ever, so I want to thank anyone who's responsible for it : THANK YOU. I've been playing with the comicvine plugin for almost 3 months now, this is GREAT !
The comics in my hard drive at the present time are: The complete Marvel chronology - The DC Comics chronology revised - The pretty darned complete EC - The complete Atlas Seaboard - The complete Valiant - The complete Crossgen - The complete Chaos Comics - and so on... (and that's a lot, a lot of other things).
And now you see why I've been having a 3 months hard on about this program (and the comicvine plugin) : I'm building myself the grand mother of all comic books database.
Well that's it for now. I suppose I will post again later, after I have found in which part of this forum you're supposed to make requests for new features to be inculded in a future version of this program...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hello 5 years 2 months ago #24827

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Welcome Lusiphur. My personal motto is that sharing is caring. Also, for the record, there's nothing wrong with downloading a comic...no error in that. It's only bad downloading a comic illegally, or illegally profiting from a downloaded comic. :P
Valiant, CrossGen & Chaos were publishing some of the best books in the early to mid 90s. Sad that they all fell apart due to management issues. A great portion of my digital and physical collection consist of these great books as well.
The Rack is pretty darn awesome and the main folks you probably want to thank for that are cYo (the godfather) and great contributing users like Stonepaw, cbanack, and 600WPMPO to name a few plus many others. I hope you continue to enjoy the ride.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by oraclexview.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Who's Online

We have 213 guests and 5 members online