Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: Here comes a new forum user !

Here comes a new forum user ! 4 years 10 months ago #27663

• Barbiche0
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello everyone,

After reading the rules, i quickly introduce myself before to post on the forum.

I'm 27, French, and I've been using CR for about two years now (damn, my introduction sounds like an AA one). I mainly use it to organize my library, since i read comics on iPad (can't wait to see CR released on iOS !). I read original versions only, because they're the bests.

Let's talk comics. I'm trying to catch up with the Modern Age Batman ; i started about a year ago, and i think this will take me the same to achieve it since i follow a huge chronology guide that includes thousands of issues. Can't wait to get to the New 52.

Among other series, i particularly loved Transmetropolitan (too bad i can't find other comics of its kind) and Locke & Key.

I take the opportunity to say thanks to everyone involved in CR's development, including actual developers, plug-ins developers, guides writers,... Thank you all.

And see you on the Forum !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Here comes a new forum user ! 4 years 10 months ago #27685

• Barbiche0
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I enjoyed your post :laugh:

I was aware of the Marvel Now! Reboot. But i want to catch up with so many Marvel characters that I probably won't read Now! before they do the next reboot...

Everybody sounds disappointed with all these reboots. DC editors don't seem to get the real meaning of the word continuity (there are some glitches in the new continuity already according to some people), and Marvel just follow the movement. Actually, as a newbie in comics, I find the reaction of the readership more interesting than the reboot itself. That's why I'm willing to take my time discovering the modern age, instead of rushing into the recent reboots.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Barbiche0.

Re: Here comes a new forum user ! 4 years 10 months ago #27691

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Edtion wrote:
DC: Flash did something in the past that he forgot he did which caused a bunch of changes in the present, he went back to the past and did something else, now DC pulls the New 52 out of their ass.
Everything that happened happened and everything that everyone knows DIDN"T happen, probably did happen. Chronologically use your imagination to say what has still happened until DC says so too or until they say it didn't happen.

Well actually everything DID happen. DC timestream/chronology works by the publication date vs time date, anything that happened happens then, any time changes/reboots/etc happens later and adds an alternative to what has already happened.

Conclusion: There is no such thing as chronology in the DC multiverse.

Marvel: They keep their chronology, they just like to go back and say "[this] happened but not like you remember it".
They're also doing this Marvel Now! thing. It's like the New 52 except all the history happened and they're just changing some things around.
That is so enlightening that I'll like to give you +1 karma! :laugh:

By the way, I am really amazed as to how Marvel's Nick Fury changed from the 'regular' version to the 'ultimate' version.... This is the worst 'continuity' blooper ever, in my opinion.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Here comes a new forum user ! 4 years 10 months ago #27692

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
600WPMPO wrote:
By the way, I am really amazed as to how Marvel's Nick Fury changed from the 'regular' version to the 'ultimate' version.... This is the worst 'continuity' blooper ever, in my opinion.

*Both* Nick Furys are around, actually. I think the original Nick is still appearing more frequently, honestly. (This was all explained in the Battle Scars mini. I will grant you that it's a bit hamhanded, but eh...)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Here comes a new forum user ! 4 years 10 months ago #27693

• 600WPMPO
Shinrai wrote:
600WPMPO wrote:

*Both* Nick Furys are around, actually. I think the original Nick is still appearing more frequently, honestly. (This was all explained in the Battle Scars mini. I will grant you that it's a bit hamhanded, but eh...)
Oho! I didn't read that mini. I think I'll read it tonight & report back to you (in the process, hijacking our new member, Barbiche0's intro :P)

Re: Here comes a new forum user ! 4 years 10 months ago #27726

• 600WPMPO
600WPMPO wrote:
Shinrai wrote:
600WPMPO wrote:

Oho! I didn't read that mini. I think I'll read it tonight & report back to you (in the process, hijacking our new member, Barbiche0's intro :P)
I read the 6-issue mini series. If you can forget for a moment that this is nothing more than tailoring the comic to the movie version (read Samuel L Jackson) of their characters, there is a pretty decent story underneath, though a bit corny, or as you say, ham headed. Still, good for a one time read. Thanks for the suggestion & a +1 karma in lieu of a handshake! :)

P.s. why the ambiguous name 'Battle scars'? Why not something like 'The fury of Fury'? :whistle:

Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by 600WPMPO.
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds

Who's Online

We have 327 guests and 4 members online