Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: I spent almost five hours exploring CR yesterday!

I spent almost five hours exploring CR yesterday! 3 years 9 months ago #38121

• huffj
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I've been gathering comic files for the past few months. I've been using ComicZeal, and I like it. But, it is very limiting, and I keep having to ask myself how I am going to organize my books.

I love love love the idea of a comic database.

My first question, and this may need to go into another thread:

I've been combining comics into my own "TPB files", that don't actually match up with any published book.
E.g. - Blackest Night - I combined all of the tie-ins into one large CBR so that I could keep the chronology. That published book doesn't necessarily exist.

Court of Owls - Same thing, one or two huge files that don't have corresponding published books.

So, what do most people do with their books?

Should I unpack everything and re-package them into separate issues? Import them into CR, then create smart lists for chronology?

How do people identify individual issues inside collected editions? Such as "Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul" Do you just treat it as a "single story"?

So many more questions to come, I'm sure. And those answers will lead to more questions! Yay!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I spent almost five hours exploring CR yesterday! 3 years 9 months ago #38123

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
One advantage to leaving your cbz files packaged as 'single issues' is that you can use tools like ComicTagger or Comic Vine Scraper to download metadata into each comic from the ComicVine online database.

Once you've done this, it really opens the door to all sorts of possibilities for organizing your collection in ComicRack. You can create interesting smart lists, organize your comics based on the downloaded metadata, etc. There are even some other ComicRack add-ons out there that make use of that ComicVine data to do all sorts of other things.

I spent almost five hours exploring CR yesterday! 3 years 9 months ago #38132

• spynotebook
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
I agree with keeping them as single issues. Then just create smartlists to represent your TPB files. You can even export them all into one file if you really needed to, but you probably won't.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Who's Online

We have 173 guests and 2 members online