Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: Might as well do my bit too.

Might as well do my bit too. 7 years 8 months ago #5865

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
So I'm Aaron aka RevQuixo. I started reading comics when my dad bought me a stack of trade paperbacks when I was 12 and in the hospital awaiting surgery and, of course, I was hooked. That was back around '89 I guess and I collected anything and everything I could until probably 1996. As a kid I loved Marvel, especially their teams Avengers, X-Men, Inhumans, Guardians of the Galaxy, New Warriors, etc. As I got a little older I started reading more DC, Image, Valiant, etc. I probably have about 10,000 comics in long boxes filling up closets. I gave up comics cold turkey when I went off to college, but the bug is, it seems, hard to totally shake.

So I got "back" into comics by discovering the DVDs relased by GIT Corp with the 40 years of Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, etc. I thought these were great, but was dismayed when 1) Marvel pulled the license 2) they started to become very expensive on the aftermarket and 3) Marvel's Digital service was (and is) lacking in content. So I started searching the web to see what alternatives were out there. Lo and behold, not only were the DVDs ripped BUT there was an entire scanning scene out there on the interwebs I didn't even know about and the rest is, as they say, history.

I found ComicRack after needing and searching for a better way of standardizing the naming conventions of my growing digital collection. It was wonderful finding a program that "out of the box" could allow me to sort out my library. Lately, I have been helping wherever I can with improving the ComicVine script(s) as this ultimately helps me sort out my library with every new version released. I'm very glad that this forum has started to grow and expand as it is a very deserving piece of software. (Which I would gladly donate money towards if I hadn't recently been laid off...yay economy).

So twenty years later and still reading comics. I guess I can't be too ashamed...my dad recently bought an external hard-drive to copy my collection for himself ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Might as well do my bit too. 7 years 8 months ago #5867

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Welcome to the fold Aaron. I too stumbled upon ComicRack while was searching for a database to organize my growing eComic collection. This community was already pretty big when I came along about 9 months ago..look at it now! cYo may in time be looked upon as comparable to Neo. lol
Keep doing your part and this place and this app will only get better!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Who's Online

We have 276 guests and 3 members online