Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: Greetings

Greetings 7 years 8 months ago #6076

• Johann
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, Johann here. I'm a 32 year-old librarian from Germany and I really like this Software Cyo is creating for us. Even from a librarian-pov this thing is great. It could be improved but for a one-person-project it is unbelievable. But enough with the compliments.

I read a lot of Marvel and a bit of DC in german translation during my childhood-years, and certainly the good stuff from France like Asterix and Tintin. Then I lost a bit of interest cause the German-editions for Marvel-Comics were really crappy, Hell I didn't even know that there is a guy who does the lettering and that it is actually part of the art until I was 19. In Germany we got it all nice and typewritten :S

After I finished school I saw that there was a new publisher for Marvel and thought I would give it a try and read Spider-Man and X-Men, the two series that were around if I recall correctly. And this editions were doing it right and didn't change the appearance of the original book. I discovered Spawn and the Preacher, but then after I had read the Preacher, during my Days at the University studying, I had not enough Money to read another series. But then, one glorious day I discovered the wonderful world of e-comics and couldn't believe that I would actually have the chance to read every comic I ever wanted but really got frustrated when it came to organize all the Comics, I tried an failed. But then in 2007 i came around this wonderful homepage and discovered the possibilities CR has to offer and never changed to another comic reader since this day.

But even if the "real" Comic Book Nerd bothers with the digital form of comics, I can't be thankful enough to all the Scanners out there. Without them I wouldn't have discovered my favorite series like The Walking Dead or Fables, this two series i'm now buying and I wouldn't if I had not found the digital copies. Thanks to everyone who is participating in the Digital Comic Preservation, you opened up a world to me, again...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Greetings 7 years 8 months ago #6375

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Great post Johann! Glad to have you here! I think we all can agree with you that both cYo and the DCP have enhanced the preservation and enjoyment of comics as a whole! Without them both, I don't think my love of comics would have been renewed to the level it once was and beyond.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Who's Online

We have 216 guests and 5 members online