Welcome, Guest
Introduce yourself

TOPIC: New User and some questions

New User and some questions 7 years 1 month ago #9909

• kinki24
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello everybody.
After many years of reading BandeDessinée and Comics I found CDdisplay and it was nice. Some years have passed without doing much comic reading or work and now, when I return everything has changed.
No more CDdisplay but ComicRack... Few days ago I loaded ComicRack and discovered, the good cuality software, the exellent manual, the forum, the web.. everything quite professional. In fact I have made my inmediate donnation because I thinck it worth our effort to support yours.
I till haven't read everything on the manual or on the forum but I haven't been able to find something I would like to use and perhaps someone knows how to do it.
A - ComicVine very nice but only for American stuff. What about for European material?
B - Extracting MetaData from the directory structure and the FileName
case 1: I have a directory with the name
(Cothias & Juillard)@FR{Les 7 vies de l'epervier}[01#07]
Inside I have the files
{Les 7 vies de l'epervier} - 01 - La blanche morte

case 2: I have a file name like
(Dufaux & Renaud)@FR{Les Enfants de la Salamandre}[01]-Angie

As you can see I have
Author separated with ()
@FR for the language (@SP spanish, @UK englich)
Serie {}
Numbers []
Heroe %%

I would like to automate the extraction of all this information to the MetaData fields automatically. I suppose your powerfull script utility can help but have no clue to do it.

OK. thank you for your help and hope to have time to go more in depth in this powerfull tool.
Regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:New User and some questions 7 years 1 month ago #9976

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
Welcome!

A. You might want to check out the Import comic information from Bedetheque (French) script. It might be useful to you.

B. The most useful tool for extracting from files and directories is Import tags from filename with regular expressions. It does require regular expressions. Expresso is a good program for helping with this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Who's Online

We have 251 guests and 9 members online