Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements
  • Page:

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.131/132

ComicRack 0.9.131/132 7 years 2 months ago #10418

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676

New Features
* NEW: Added Quick Open feature when no comic open (with additions to preferences and smart list editor)
* NEW: Added "window.external.Config" string value for HtmlInfoPanels to store configuration data
* NEW: Added new fields for paper catalog management (plus support throughout the application)
* NEW: Double click on background in Multiple Comics/Paste Data/Export Dialogs/Preferences toggles between scroll/tab layout
* NEW: Supports for scripts to draw overlays on thumbnails (see sample.py)
* NEW: Support for script local localization (simply put a language resource zip in the script package e.g. de.zp, fr.zip)
* NEW: Added a close button to the visible part overlay to hide it
* NEW: ComicRack.ini setting to hide close button on visible part overay (HideVisiblePartOverlayClose)
* NEW: New Quick Open settings in ComicRack.ini
* NEW: '+' Tab to add new reader tabs
* NEW: ComicRack now also reads %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\cYo\ComicRack.ini after it read the default ComicRack.ini

Changes
* CHANGE: Moved javascript script engine to "window.external.ComicRack"
* CHANGE: "HtmlInfoContextMenu" setting in ComicRack.ini to enable context menu in HtmlInfoPanels
* CHANGE: "EnableHtmlScriptErrors" setting in ComicRack.ini to enable script error display in HtmlInfoPanels
* CHANGE: Better drawing of star ratings on thumbnails
* CHANGE: Option to "always save changes" when closing ComicRack
* CHANGE: Moved history browse buttons to list (so they are available even when the library browser is collapsed)
* CHANGE: Cue Text for quicksearch that displays current selected quicksearch type
* CHANGE: Double Click on "fileless" entries opens info dialog
* CHANGE: Redesign Multiple Comics Dialog
* CHANGE: Redesign Paste Data Dialog
* CHANGE: Redesign Smartlist Dialog
* CHANGE: Export dialog remembers panel states
* CHANGE: Fixed validation spam
* CHANGE: New default is to not allow file updates
* CHANGE: Update file status is only displayed if updating files is allowed
* CHANGE: Changed default for "Always display Browser Docking Grip" to off
* CHANGE: Slight Overlay Preferences layout change
* CHANGE: Read Next/Prev eComic do work with the list the current comic was opened from
* CHANGE: ComicRack leaves fullscreen when switching to a different application
* CHANGE: UserLists.txt is now %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\cYo\ComicRack\DefaultLists.txt

Bugfixes
* BUGFIX: Missing localization for list editor
* BUGFIX: Fixed "window.external.ComicRack.OpenBooks.OpenFile" script API call and changed the call in sample.py
* BUGFIX: Fixed inappropriate animations during workspace changes
* BUGFIX: Fixed info panel size handling when changing workspaces
* BUGFIX: Fixed clicking with right mouse button on rating
* BUGFIX: Missing text in comic preview if no/unlinked comic is selected
* BUGFIX: Fixed iso code matching for languages
* BUGFIX: Some handling errors with fileless comics
* BUGFIX: Possible exception in workspace setting
* BUGFIX: Fixed update problem with preview panels
* BUGFIX: Fixed some spelling problems
* BUGFIX: Removed not working edit option from List View Configuration Dialog
* BUGFIX: Fixed blending transition

Build 0.9.132:

* BUGFIX: Fixed rendering of Quick Open caption in classic style
* BUGFIX: Fixed empty folder browser
* BUGFIX: Fixed possible null exceptions in OpenNextComic
* BUGFIX: "Book Location_s_"
cYo wrote:
This is a major release with lots of changes. So prepare yourself for some new bugs :)

UPDATE: As expected I built 2 nice ones into this one. Updates to 0.9.132. Please redownload and install.

ComicRack is in the midst of also being able to manage your paper "dead tree" comic book library. This version introduces lots of new fields in the metadata for this purpose (like shop, condition etc.). If you head over to the forum you may find some users develop a barcode reader plugin for ComicRack. I'm really excited on where this leads.

This version also introduces the "Quick Open" feature. If no Comic is open, you get a quick overview of your last added/read comics and can open them without going through the browser. In addition to the default lists you can also tell ComicRack to display some of your smartlists in this space.

Lots of User Interface parts have been fine tuned and enhanced to make working with ComicRack easier (hopefully). For example you can now switch most dialogs between a list (default) and a tabbed layout.

ComicRack is now much better in handling previous/next eComic commands. Till now the correct list had to be opened for this feature to work. Now ComicRack remembers which list opened the eComic and switches back to the list.

There's also a rather big change in what default switches are turned on and off. By default updating comic files is now turned off (and in this case the update symbol is not displayed any more). If you want to write changed meta data back to your cbz files you have to turn this feature explicitly on in the preferences. Also the by many people dreaded browser docking grip is now hidden by default.

Script developers get further options for writing html based javascript extensions. And it is now possible to write thumbnail overlay scripts to add custom information above thumbnails (see the example provided). Also custom scripts can now be localized.
Your comments here :)
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by 600WPMPO. Reason: added bugfix list for 0.9.132
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.131 7 years 2 months ago #10423

• Rincewind
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It looks like it's not possible to edit comics in the folder view anymore?

Re: ComicRack 0.9.131 7 years 2 months ago #10424

• cYo
you need to turn on write data to comic files to allow this.

EDIT: Ok, I know what you mean. Folder browser is empty. I always manage to kill something. 0.9.132 is on the way.
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by cYo.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.131 7 years 2 months ago #10425

• Rincewind
  • Junior Boarder
It actually is working, you only have to click refresh, and as you said turn the write data to comic files back on.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.131 7 years 2 months ago #10426

• logancat24
  • Fresh Boarder
One quick thing, how do I update. Do I have to uninstall it first and then install the update? Please tell me how to do it. :)

Re:ComicRack 0.9.131 7 years 2 months ago #10427

• Rincewind
  • Junior Boarder
Just install, no need to uninstall first.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.131 7 years 2 months ago #10428

• logancat24
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks a lot

i feel a little stupid now :/

Re:ComicRack 0.9.131 7 years 2 months ago #10430

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
cYo wrote:
* NEW: Added Quick Open feature when no comic open (with additions to preferences and smart list editor)

Oh, yeah! Looks great. I miss there entries from File-> Recently Opened. Would be right place to put them in Quick Open.

And make it more customizable. I'll think of details later. ;) But making this area available for sript developers would be awesome.

* NEW: Added new fields for paper catalog management (plus support throughout the application)

Only available for file-less? Hm... what if someone has both paper and digital copy?

* NEW: Double click on background in Multiple Comics/Paste Data/Export Dialogs/Preferences toggles between scroll/tab layout

Nice one! ;)

Oh, I remember this form one of my old feature requests. ;p

* CHANGE: Moved history browse buttons to list (so they are available even when the library browser is collapsed)

Nah, I feel previous place was more natural. If side panel (shift+f6) is collapsed you most likely haven't switched lists before so there is no history.

;-)

* CHANGE: Redesign Multiple Comics Dialog
* CHANGE: Redesign Paste Data Dialog
* CHANGE: Redesign Smartlist Dialog

I already love first two. And swithing tabbed/srollable mode is great. As for Smartlist dialog - I feel like 'Limit to' line was better placed at the bottom of the dialog window.

Yeah, those stupid comments on LifeHacker... ;) But how about a pop up question (with an explanation) asking for permission to write xml to cbz when first used?

BTW, it changed my previous setting. Somebody that doesn't track changelog could be surprised. I think it should be like this only for new installs, not for people updating CR.

* CHANGE: Read Next/Prev eComic do work with the list the current comic was opened from

Holly... I waited for this so long... Thank you! For me that's the best thing that comes with 131/2.
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by quidam.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.131 7 years 2 months ago #10431

• cYo
I find the new back/fore arrow positions more natural. On my touch I've usually collapsed the library tree and use popmenu/show in list to switch lists. Till now I had to expand the tree to navigate back.

You can turn on catalog fields for all eComics in Preferences (Show Catalog fields...). The reasoning is that most people will not want these fields (overblown super bloated bloatware :)).

I will make Quick Open more customizable and scriptable in the future. One of the great new features of "Quick Open" is to include eComics from remote libraries.
I usually read my eComics on a tablet which does not have a local library. So the last opnened list is useless. The "Quick Open" lists do include the eComics from currently open remote libraries.
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by cYo.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.131/132 7 years 2 months ago #10434

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557

Now this is a huge release 0.9.132. Lets jump into it right away..

What I loved

cYo wrote:
* NEW: Added Quick Open feature when no comic open
cYo gives us our speed dial. :)

Bug: The "no eComic is open" button is visible in a narrowed browser. Here, see the little fella hiding behind the excellent "quick open" :

* NEW: Added new fields for paper catalog management
Excellent. :cheer:
@quidam: This can also be extended to normal eComics via the option in preferences.

What I liked

cYo wrote:
This is a welcome change. I always used to scroll down and down to reach the bottom, now I can just click at the tabs! :)

cYo wrote:
* NEW: Added a close button to the visible part overlay to hide it
Good for all the newbies who "can't get rid of that box in the corner".

Bug: Once hidden, it doesn't show up again even after turning it on from the preferences

cYo wrote:
* CHANGE: Better drawing of star ratings on thumbnails
Hmm.. its good that the "My ratings" are over the "community ratings". I am not so sure that showing the rest of the faded stars is a good idea.. :unsure:

cYo wrote:
Yes. Long overdue. Once you have collapsed the sidebar, you were stuck with the list. Now, you can move back and forward.

p.s. While cYo writes "..the library browser is collapsed..", he should have written "the sidebar is collapsed" ;)

cYo wrote:
Requested by all, granted by the lord :)

cYo wrote:
* CHANGE: ComicRack leaves fullscreen when switching to a different application
Alt+Tab is working fine..!

Bug: Right-click in fullscreen mode doesn't bring on the Info dialog. Instead, this hangs ComicRack. Can be evoked back only by using Alt+tab.

cYo wrote:
* BUGFIX: Fixed info panel size handling when changing workspaces
Whoa.. much needed. Info Panel is working fine, at least for now!

What I disliked

:( Well, 0.9.132 is giving me a very Choppy fullscreen transition.. Is it just me ?

No manual link in Help menu yet. :(

:blink: Stack eComics by series. If there are some stacks with only one eComic, the "Next eComic from list" opens the current eComic in a stack layout (even when there are no stacks), instead of moving on to the next comic .

cYo wrote:
Damn you lifehacker ! :angry:

What I didn't understand

cYo wrote:
* NEW: ComicRack now also reads %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\cYo\ComicRack.ini after it read the default ComicRack.ini
So. does this mean that is a user has customized the ComicRack.ini file, the next install won't overwrite it ? :unsure:

cYo wrote:
* CHANGE: Fixed validation spam
Huh ?

Overall, CR 0.9.131/2 is a big, big, huge release. Giving +3 karma to cYo. Man is a visionary !!

p.s. Breaking news: ComicRack manual expected to be delayed.. :(
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by 600WPMPO.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.716 seconds

Who's Online

We have 215 guests and 2 members online