* CHANGE: Redesign Overlay options in Preferences
* CHANGE: Gesture 8 now defaults to "Toggle Navigation Overlay"
* CHANGE: Alt-Enter maps now to toggle fullscreen
* CHANGE: Own Quick Open lists now precede the built in defaults
* CHANGE: Moved network statistics into the pending tasks dialog
* CHANGE: Pending Tasks are now grouped
* CHANGE: Added custom rating control to rating context menus
* CHANGE: ComicRack closes the browser if comics are opened through explorer
* CHANGE: New setting HideBrowserIfShellOpen in ComicRack.ini to control above behavior
* CHANGE: Slight layout changes in preferences dialog
* CHANGE: Inner shadow in quick open box

Bugfixes
* BUGFIX: Quick Open Box should only display eComics (linked)
* BUGFIX: No multi select for quick open
* BUGFIX: Quick Open Box did not support drag&drop
* BUGFIX: Fixed initial state of validation button in donation dialog
* BUGFIX: After hiding visible part overlay with [x] turning it back on did not work without a restart
* BUGFIX: Fixed "Show only..." options in the comic browser
* BUGFIX: If connected to multiple shares from the same library, quickopen contained duplicate entries
* BUGFIX: Closing remote libraries did not refresh the quickopen box
* BUGFIX: Fixed fullscreen button
cYo wrote:
This is mainly a bugfix release with lots of small improvements. See the change list for details.

Also there have been some changes and optimizations in the user interface. As this means (again) some changes in the language packs, I want to thank again all the translators for their continuing support of this project.

If you find a language pack that is badly out of date or none in your language at all, YOU can do something about it. Read the tutorial on how to update/create a language pack and/or post your questions in the language packs section of the forum.
Your comments here please :)
Last Edit: 7 years 5 days ago by 600WPMPO. Reason: added changelog
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, Shinrai, RevQuixo

Re: ComicRack 0.9.133 released 7 years 5 days ago #10638

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557

0.9.133 caught me by surprise as I was so immersed in making the manual, I forgot that this Sunday there could be a new release..

Positives
Slight layout changes in preferences dialog
Much appreciated.. :) it looks great with all the ..er..tabs (?) on the right side..
p.s. Now that these are not exactly tabs, what do I write the in the manual.. buttons ?

Added custom rating control to rating context menus
Requested especially by me and granted by the lord..:)

Modified OpenGL initialization to get around some fullscreen bugs
Yes, fullscreen transition is definitely smoother now

Negatives

My usual lament that the Manual is yet to find a place in the help menu & the program shotcuts. Hell, it is not even in the readme..:angry:
Reworked how the Navigation Overlay works
Redesign Overlay options in Preferences
Its my personal opinion that these changes were quite unnecessary

Alt-Enter maps now to toggle fullscreen
Nope.. doesn't work. Takes the CR window to fullscreen, but then doesn't toggle it back. Instead, opens the file menu..

Scripts are now grouped by packages in the Preferences Dialog
I don't see that point.. The package group is just a repetition of the script name:

Overall, CR 0.9.133 is a fine release. Giving +1 karma to cYo for constantly improving CR..

p.s. Breaking news: There goes my manual.. I'll have to re-do a lot of things again.. :(
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 5 days ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.133 released 7 years 5 days ago #10639

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Till now you did not know which package installed what script. The changes try to approach this problem. But I see your point. I've to think about it.
Maybe some good ideas from anyone?
Maybe an option to toggle grouping for the scripts?

Overlay panels: I wanted to visualize what is what, as lots of people seem to have problems with that. Also auto show is now optional (again people complaining about "stuff popping up"). Now you can show the navigation overlay with a command (Gesture 8 by default) and hide it with a click outside of the overlay. It also makes working with touch a lot easier.

I've to look into Alt-Enter.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.133 released 7 years 5 days ago #10640

• 600WPMPO
cYo wrote:
Till now you did not know which package installed what script. The changes try to approach this problem. But I see your point. I've to think about it.
Maybe some good ideas from anyone?.
Why not group scripts as Stonepaw has grouped them in the script index.. ?

Maybe an option in the script file that requires filling in the "group" to which the script belongs, so that the script automatically fits in that group in the available scripts section. Obviously this means that you'll have to officially define script group names..

Last Edit: 7 years 5 days ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.133 released 7 years 5 days ago #10642

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23

The best thing in this release for me. Because it finally solves issue I reported long ago and got used to live with since.

Alt+Enter indeed brings up menu instead going fullscreen. Hm... I have two settings for going Fulscreen - just the Enter key and doubleclick. Both are easier more natural for me. Especially doubleclick should be default fullscreen toggle, I think. It toggles zoom now which I think is hardly popular task and most users wouldn't need it that much (mostly touch screens).

And as for QuickOpen... Nice we can now drag and drop. Two thing I feel would be also useful:
- right click menu (for the comic thumbnails in there)
- own propeties dialog with liting all elements that are in QickOpen with possibility to Move up/down, add, delete. Just like List Layout dialog.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.133 released 7 years 5 days ago #10643

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
quidam wrote:
should be default fullscreen toggle, I think. It toggles zoom now which I think is hardly popular task and most users wouldn't need it that much (mostly touch screens).

Got me there :)
I changed it when I switched to my new touch tablet. I wonder what a good solution is.

EDIT: If added the option to define actions for Tap/Double Tap for the next release. If not used these actions use the definitions for Click/Double Click. I've set double click to toggle fullscreen and double tap to toggle zoom.

Any comments?
Last Edit: 7 years 5 days ago by cYo.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.133 released 7 years 5 days ago #10645

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
cYo wrote:
* CHANGE: ComicRack closes the browser if comics are opened through explorer
* CHANGE: New setting HideBrowserIfShellOpen in ComicRack.ini to control above behavior

This is pure gold. Go one further, and make it open already in fullscreen. That will silence all the cdisplay comparisons.

Thanks for another release,
fK

Re: ComicRack 0.9.133 released 7 years 5 days ago #10647

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
cYo wrote:
doubleclick should be default fullscreen toggle, I think. It toggles zoom now which I think is hardly popular task and most users wouldn't need it that much (mostly touch screens).
Got me there :)
I changed it when I switched to my new touch tablet. I wonder what a good solution is.

It's sometimes hard to guess what would suit most users. Maybe, few months after installing, ask user if he agrees to let CR anonymously upload config.xml to you so you could generate some kind of statistic report helping find out what preferences are changed the most. But with privacy obsessions it could freak out some people...

The only other (and better) solution I can think of would be Quick Settings Wizard.

To minimize the risk of yet another unwanted pop up window on startup, it'd be proper to add at the end of the installation process another dialog asking if user want to run Quick Wizard after CR startup.

Then, above matter could be presented to choose for user what he prefers more (touch screen optimized shortcuts or not). Various other option could be asked there - like Overlays, default manga mode y/n, language pack, preferred list layout, browser docking position, etc.

Ad to complete it I think also Quick Start Wizard with questions to add some folders to library, share library over network, choose scripts to download and install, and some other things probably...

Oh, and if we're talking about wizards... How about some Quick SmartList Guide through Wizard when user first runs 'New SmartList'.

Everything should be as much descriptive and visual as it can get (gif animated screenshots? ;))

----

Oh, as for grouping scripts by package.... Hm... maybe simply displaying path to package file would be enough? On mouse over. Or with small font in second line. Whatever.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 days ago by quidam.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.133 released 7 years 5 days ago #10650

• 600WPMPO
cYo wrote:
..I've set double click to toggle fullscreen and double tap to toggle zoom.
Yes please.. double-click = fullscreen is the natural best

Re: ComicRack 0.9.133 released 7 years 5 days ago #10661

• Astrophizz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I see a precedent for alt+enter going to fullscreen in video players but I don't know how well it applies to this. I don't really have an opinion on it. Everything else looks fine to me!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Who's Online

We have 239 guests and 6 members online