Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 - 1.0.38

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 - 1.0.38 6 years 10 months ago #11493

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.38 is now available.

This version is identical to version 1.0.37, except that it also includes a fix for issue 166.

This version of Comic Vine Scraper is considered stable and suitable for general use.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.37 is now available.

This version is identical to version 1.0.36, except that it also includes a more complete fix for issue 161.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.36 is now available.

This version is identical to version 1.0.34, except that it also addresses issues 162 and 163.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.34 is now available.

This version is identical to version 1.0.33, except that it also addresses issues 159 and 161.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 is now available.

This release doesn't add any major new features, but it does clean up a lot of outstanding problems and inconsistencies. It addresses bugs 149 and 128. It also includes the following enhancements: 29, 141, 143, 144, 151, and 155.

So what's different?

- when you finish scraping, the summary message that appears is now more useful: it tells you how many comics were scraped and how many were skipped. There's also a new setting that lets you choose whether or not you even want to see the summary message at all.

- imprints and publishers have been overhauled. Most noticably, the scraper will now download publisher names exactly as they appear in the Comic Vine database--so comics that used to scrape as "Dark Horse" will now scrape as "Dark Horse Comics", etc. Also, the scraper's imprint-to-publisher conversions (for those who use that feature) have been updated.

- keyboard users can now cancel a scrape at any time by pressing the ESCAPE key.

- some users were having local-cache related problems that caused certain comics to be hidden from the scraper, even though they were available on Comic Vine. This is fixed now.

- there have been some improvements (here and here) that make the scraper better at guessing which series a comic book belongs to. In practice, this means that the "right" series will be sorted to the top of the list of choices more often now.

As always, if you find any bugs please report them in the issue tracker (you can log in with your google/gmail account.) If you prefer, you can also post a description of your problem (or any other feedback or questions) in this forum thread.

Cheers! :)
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by cbanack.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, Shinrai, kenjio, mizio66

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 10 months ago #11496

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Great stuff! Keep up the good work!!
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 10 months ago #11497

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Rockin'! I'll start putting it through its paces. :silly:

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 10 months ago #11500

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
Thx cbanack for this amazing script. I'd be lost without it, you have no idea.

I'm just gonna reiterate a question I asked a while back... Will we be able to translate the UI someday for those of us who are not blessed with the comprehension of the language of Shakespeare? I know, it was too much a pain to do but, hey, it never hurts to ask! :laugh:

Anyway, thx again.
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 10 months ago #11501

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
Nice way to start the year. Thanks, will be rescraping the library to see how it goes.

fK

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 10 months ago #11502

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
{Oo} wrote:
I'm just gonna reiterate a question I asked a while back... Will we be able to translate the UI someday for those of us who are not blessed with the comprehension of the language of Shakespeare? I know, it was too much a pain to do but, hey, it never hurts to ask! :laugh:

Oh yeah, I haven't forgotten about this. :) The user interface for the Scraper is a lot more stable now, so I may look into doing something like this soon. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with how Internationalization (multiple languages) is being done in ComicRack, so it would be helpful if someone could point me towards some information, documentation, etc. I'll have to do some learning before I get too far with this.

(Ideally I'd like to make it easy for the translators who work on ComicRack to be able to work on the Scraper at the same time, using the same technologies. Not sure if that will be possible, though.)
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by cbanack.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 10 months ago #11504

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Look into the default scripts that ship with ComicRack and have localizations. A simple API call (ComicRack.Localize(resource, key, text)) gives you localized texts. The XML format for the resources is self explanatory I think. Your work would be to create the default en package.

Now the default scripts have their language resource files in the ComicRack/Languages/[language code].zip packages (with a "Script." prefix). As this is not an option for you (till ComicVine becomes a default Script :), you have to ship them with your script.

Simply put all your resources (= xml files) into a language zip (e.g. en.zip) and add it to your script package. This way people can create localizations with the default ComicRack tool the same way they can create localizations for ComicRack.

Only limitation is that you can only create localizations that are also available for ComicRack itself.

I hope this answers your question :)
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by cYo.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 10 months ago #11506

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Ah perfect, that is very helpful. Thanks cYo!
This way people can create localizations with the default ComicRack tool the same way they can create localizations for ComicRack.

There is a tool that people use to generate the language resource files? Does it ship with ComicRack?
Simply put all your resources (= xml files) into a language zip (e.g. en.zip) and add it to your script package.

If I put all the different languages zip files into the script package (.crplugin) file, will the correct language be used by ComicRack.Localize(...) automatically? So users won't need to perform any extra steps or download anything special in order to make it work?

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 10 months ago #11508

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
It's the localizer tool in the support download section.

And yes, the scripts will use the same language as ComicRack itself, if you do not supply a package for the selected language fallback to the text you gave as parameter in the API call.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 10 months ago #11509

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
So I have to rescrape my entire library to fix the publishers? :/ I'd love a manual config file for this (especially since I already like the way they show up!) but, as always, great work. :)
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Who's Online

We have 252 guests and 6 members online